Complete Broadsword Equipment What do I need? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Alex Spartan

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hey Guys
Its me Alex, some of you may remember me. I was member here a couple months ago but I wasnt that into paintball, so now Im back and trying to get back into paintball.
Currently Im selling all my old paintball and getting new stuff.

And Im wondering if you guys can help me, and post links of the neccesary equipment for a broadsword/commander. I do both but I prefer the Broadsword equipment.

Thanks
and happy hunting :)

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Have you read this? http://forum.moatipa...showtopic=22733

What gear do you currently have? Depending on what you have there may only be a few minor tweaks needed rather than a total overhaul.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

browdsword is the handyman of the team

if ur a packman a simple 6+1 pod pack
if your a vestman, special ops can hook u up. id go with the forge system.
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 20 August 2010 - 11:55 PM, said:

Hey Guys
Its me Alex, some of you may remember me. I was member here a couple months ago but I wasnt that into paintball, so now Im back and trying to get back into paintball.
Currently Im selling all my old paintball and getting new stuff.

And Im wondering if you guys can help me, and post links of the neccesary equipment for a broadsword/commander. I do both but I prefer the Broadsword equipment.

Thanks
and happy hunting :)

i seem to be the Broadsword / Commander (with my group of friends at least)
and i pretty much run a full broadsword player set up (minus the flatline barrel)
i have a broadsword vest, i like it, there are actually a few minor things i would do different with it (like larger straps for pods, the rubber pull tab, and some sort of velcro on the inside of the front part of the vest along with velcro on the outter part of the elastic belt --too keep the vest tight to my body, as well as prevent the velcro from fraying the mesh on the vest--)

i also had a custom zipper pouch made, its large enough to carry small props, I also have some elastic straps inside it to hold 12 grams and 10 round tubes so i can reload pistol mags if needed, and finally had a ID and Map slot on the front of it. Maps are very important when it comes to scenario games (most fields that put on scenario/big games have maps with certain points marked)

now you say your selling EVERYTHING? including your marker as well?

if you are looking to buy a new marker, there are soooooo many possibilities out there you can choose from.
it all depends on if you are the Mil-Sim type player that likes to deck out their marker to look like a assault rifle, or if you just want to stick with some high end electronic marker that can throw lots of paint.

if you are the "Mil Sim" type player i would consider a BT TM 15 or TM 7 (tm7 is a smaller more compact version the 15, and they are pretty much invert mini's with a milsim look)
and there is also the Tippmann X7 Phenom.

but then again.. its all about what you want, but its more about what you can afford.

Good Luck Alex.

-Thumper

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 21 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 21 August 2010 - 01:01 AM, said:

What gear do you currently have? Depending on what you have there may only be a few minor tweaks needed rather than a total overhaul.

I only have Pod packs, a custom 98 with m16 mods and some other stuff.

So Im lookin to get an A5 or an X7 (Im more familiar with Tippmann guns), and If I get the chance I will get a tiberius 8.

So I will need some good camo gear, with Specops Digi or with Marpart. I really dont like the Broadsword vest, I was thinking of getting the Forge vest just like Down rage pain said.

I will get some cheap boots in craigslist.

I have my own mask, but I really dont like it so If I get some extra cash I will buy a better mask.

So yeah it looks like I need an extreme makeover lol

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Ok. I'd keep the podpack for now, never hurts to have one as a back up.

What kind of budget are you looking at? Have you considered the X7 Phenom? It's about $430 fora vase marker but it can use both air and HPA, and functions as either electro or mechanical. If your batteries die, flip a switch and you're still in the game.

Vests... PLay with the Special Ops Vest builder. A custom vest might be out of your price range but it'll definitely let you know what to look for in a vest.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 21 August 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on 21 August 2010 - 01:01 AM, said:

I only have Pod packs, a custom 98 with m16 mods and some other stuff.

So Im lookin to get an A5 or an X7 (Im more familiar with Tippmann guns), and If I get the chance I will get a tiberius 8.

So I will need some good camo gear, with Specops Digi or with Marpart. I really dont like the Broadsword vest, I was thinking of getting the Forge vest just like Down rage pain said.

I will get some cheap boots in craigslist.

I have my own mask, but I really dont like it so If I get some extra cash I will buy a better mask.

So yeah it looks like I need an extreme makeover lol

Why do you have to buy boots specifically for paintball?

I personally like podpacks better than vest, but that's completely up to you.

I can sympathize with your need for a new mask.

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

dude, go to www.doubletrouble2.com and put a gatlin crank on that 98. 15 bps, semi auto (so fields and refs can't say squat when you're slingin a consistent 15bps.) dont spend extra on a new gun, because a gatlin trigger crank for 20 or so bucks is hella cheaper than a $100+ gun. get a 6+1 pod pack, use a remote line for your air tank, get a gatlin crank, and an electro hopper. if you're really feelin squirly get a nice barrel. you'll have a respectable setup. lots of ammo, enough air to cover it, and a very solid 15bps all day, every day.

anyone can say what they want about gatlin cranks, but its cheaper and less finnicky than a response trigger or electronics. not to mention easier to install, maintain, and remove. i really urge new players to try them because they're so cheap, field legal anywhere, and fun.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#9 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 21 August 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

Ok. I'd keep the podpack for now, never hurts to have one as a back up.

What kind of budget are you looking at? Have you considered the X7 Phenom? It's about $430 fora vase marker but it can use both air and HPA, and functions as either electro or mechanical. If your batteries die, flip a switch and you're still in the game.

Vests... PLay with the Special Ops Vest builder. A custom vest might be out of your price range but it'll definitely let you know what to look for in a vest.

Well like 200 to 300. If I sell some casts of Reach Assault Rifles, I will look more into the Phenom.
I really like the gun but compared to the X7 it looks pretty much the same. and the X7 is 200 dollars less.

I also was lookin at the vest builder, but I dont want to spend 500 dollars in a vest. Im just going to buy a MOLLE vest from a Army Surplus store and buy the attachments here.

View PostZz Loth zZ, on 21 August 2010 - 04:23 PM, said:

Why do you have to buy boots specifically for paintball?

I personally like podpacks better than vest, but that's completely up to you.

I can sympathize with your need for a new mask.

Well here in Florida, it looks like Boots work better because of the mud and stuff.

Im gonna keep a couple of the velts for my friends to use. But I really dont like them. Im more of have more equipment (Grenades, CO2 canisters, smoke grenades etc..) Than Ammo.

Yeah, my mask is an old JT so I really need a new one,but right now its not a priority

This post has been edited by Alex Spartan: 21 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

#10 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

View PostIron__Man, on 21 August 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:

dude, go to www.doubletrouble2.com and put a gatlin crank on that 98. 15 bps, semi auto (so fields and refs can't say squat when you're slingin a consistent 15bps.) dont spend extra on a new gun, because a gatlin trigger crank for 20 or so bucks is hella cheaper than a $100+ gun. get a 6+1 pod pack, use a remote line for your air tank, get a gatlin crank, and an electro hopper. if you're really feelin squirly get a nice barrel. you'll have a respectable setup. lots of ammo, enough air to cover it, and a very solid 15bps all day, every day.

anyone can say what they want about gatlin cranks, but its cheaper and less finnicky than a response trigger or electronics. not to mention easier to install, maintain, and remove. i really urge new players to try them because they're so cheap, field legal anywhere, and fun.

I would look into the gatlin cranks, but I really dont like my 98 anymore, but if it doesnt sell I will keep it and let my bro use it. And I will try to upgrade it.

And like I said I really dont like Pod belts, but I love remote lines, they make your gun so much lighter.

#11 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 21 August 2010 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well here in Florida, it looks like Boots work better because of the mud and stuff.

Im gonna keep a couple of the velts for my friends to use. But I really dont like them. Im more of have more equipment (Grenades, CO2 canisters, smoke grenades etc..) Than Ammo.

Yeah, my mask is an old JT so I really need a new one,but right now its not a priority

If your playing Broadsword don't skimp on the ammo! One of your main jobs (if your following the SpecOps profile of a Broadsword) is slinging paint to cover your front guys so make sure you've got plenty and the air to sling it with. I play Broadsword and my vest will currently hold 9 pods, plus all the gear, tools, props, grenades, smoke, and whatever else I could possibly need. A good MOLLE vest is the way to go (opinion), I got the SpecOps Operative v2 vest and have gotten stuff for it from SpecOps and Opsgear, and added some older army ALICE stuff to it as well. Works great!

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

dont get cheap on boots dude, find a surplus store of some sort and get nice "combat" style boots, or at least a well known brand that has good ankle support.

i made the mistake of getting wal mart boots and my feet are the only thing that hurt when i get home after a day of paintball.

Forge vests are really nice(US ARMY GUY has one), if i get this second job i will have more money.. more money = more things i can buy, and a customized forge is actually something that is on the list of things to get.

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 21 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#13 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

I also found that Opsgear.com has pretty awesome stuff :)

They have awesome customized markers, nice BDUs, and awesome MOLLE vests.
But their stuff is so Tactical and for training, I will have to look at it more.

I may get a couple of flashbangs, a shemagh for neck protection, and that Arrow Head Vest.

Pretty awesome stuff. This site should get some Ideas from them.

#14 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

What do you need flashbangs for? No commercial field will allow them due to safety. They're an explosive device. In the hands of an untrained person there is a very strong likely hood of injury and even death, not to mention the potential to start a fire.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

generally you need a license or a letter from your department (police or military) saying your not some scum bag and you can purchase these items..

and for the record.. Special Ops USE TO BE across the street from Ops gear..

no more tormenting them with the razor back :(

i guess the smell of their crap forced Mo to move things :laugh:

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 22 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic