its football time again WOOHOO

#76 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

View Postdiabolikl, on 29 October 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

yeah, i've been starting orten all year over brady and (gasp)cutler because 'you gotta stick with the hot-hand'. he's not flashy, but gets the job done week in/week out. just picked-up clark's back-up off waivers(indy likes to throw to te's). currently in 4th in league, but i'm second in points scored. my biggest mistake this season has been benching kenny britt last weekend! he didn't even play until midway thru the 2nd quarter and cost me 47pts(my league gives points for receptions/yards/touchdowns).

I was gonna pick up Tamme too, but I don't if he's going to be a featured spot like Clark was. Indy might just cycle the TEs and use more 3/4 receiver sets. Maybe I'll give him a try and drop Miller, since Big Ben only sees Ward on the field.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#77 User is offline   stinky 

• Pull My Finger
  • Pip

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

View PostJerseyPaint, on 29 October 2010 - 07:00 PM, said:

View Postdiabolikl, on 29 October 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

yeah, i've been starting orten all year over brady and (gasp)cutler because 'you gotta stick with the hot-hand'. he's not flashy, but gets the job done week in/week out. just picked-up clark's back-up off waivers(indy likes to throw to te's). currently in 4th in league, but i'm second in points scored. my biggest mistake this season has been benching kenny britt last weekend! he didn't even play until midway thru the 2nd quarter and cost me 47pts(my league gives points for receptions/yards/touchdowns).

I was gonna pick up Tamme too, but I don't if he's going to be a featured spot like Clark was. Indy might just cycle the TEs and use more 3/4 receiver sets. Maybe I'll give him a try and drop Miller, since Big Ben only sees Ward on the field.

Probably any receiver this week for indy would be a decent choice. They are going to be extremely thin at RB. Addai is still injured, they pulled Brown off the injured list just to suit up and have a body ready, anad Hart is really untested, he has been injured the last two seasons. So Manning will have to be slinging it around. Alot like the Saints since they lost Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. Now they have no running threat and everyone knows how to beat them. My best pick up this season post draft was Arian Foster out of Houston. He just sorta came outa nowhere but has been legit.

Yesterday the college scene was bitter sweet. Michigan State and Mizzou got handled pretty much like I thought they would, but Auburn and Oregon kept chuggin on. I was really hoping that USC would take care of business, but they choked on it. And I don't think that Arizona will stand a chance when they face the quackers. Auburn still has Georgia and Bama to get by, then the SEC championship. I don't think that the PAC10 plays a championship until next year when it becoomes the PAC12, or the 12 PAC. I really think Stanford would beat them if they played again this year.

So the best bet for Boise State is for Auburn to get beat and then face the Ugly Ducks in the BCS champs. I am just thinking that they will have Ala. jump them if they do beat the Tigers. Alas, the BCS is a bunch of gutless wonders. They rank a team like Boise as high as #3, then when they produce, they start finding ways to make it so they cannot get any higher. If they have no intention of letting them play for the champ. game, then they should not even rank them. I am not a Boise State fan, i just want to see the BCS fall into it's own trap. Of course, they will not allow that happen. Silly me.

#78 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

It's because Boise State plays San Diego State and San Jose State. Strength of schedule.
Also, there is still no one outside of Boise, which is in fact not a state, that likes the blue turf. It's like that "Non-Conformist" kid in high school that went out of his way to make sure everyone knew he was "Non-Conformist". It was really annoying and still no one cared about him at all.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#79 User is offline   stinky 

• Pull My Finger
  • Pip

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

View PostPirate, on 31 October 2010 - 04:13 AM, said:

It's because Boise State plays San Diego State and San Jose State. Strength of schedule.

I would believe that if the "committee" hadn't placed them at #3 in the very beginning. They knew in advance what their schedule was, and more importantly, what it wasn't. But the two teams in front of them looked to be bulletproof, Bama and OSU. So no harm putting Boise State at #3 with those two programs at #1 and #2, right ? Suddenly, both of those teams fell from grace, as did a few subsequent teams, but they keep having teams rated WAY lower than them in the beginning of the season leap frog them. And all in the name of the "BCS" and "strength of schedule" . But it is humans that determine the SOS and there are at least two human polls that figure heavily into the BCS computer algorithm. So anyway, this is my attempt at a BCS conspiracy theory. I agree that BS has a cupcake schedule, no one will schedule them, even though they have tried every conference, every team, even offered to be the road team. The only way they will get a better SOS is to leave the WAC and pay to enter a BCS conference.

#80 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Preseason rankings are made from 2 things. How the team finished last year, and rolling dice. Preseason rankings are nothing more than "Dude, I bet these guys are gonna be good this year. Maybe not as good as those other guys, but defintely better than that third group of guys."

And the strength of schedule is done by a computer program. It takes the teams you play, and the teams your opponents play, and the teams your opponents opponents play, and makes up numbers.

Boise really does need to join the PAC##. USC, even in a bad year, is better than every team in the WAC (except maybe Hawaii on a good year).

As for the Fantasy Front, work got done this week. High score by 12 points (and Andre Johnson is still playing). No one close has a player in the game tonight. I'm up 147.26 to 93.94, and that's with Kenny Britt scoring a whopping 0 points. Rivers gets 23.5 and wasn't even my high scorer, Orton 19.56, Andre is at 14.50, Brandon Lloyd drops 22.9, Bowe had 8, Thomas Jones had 8.20, the law firm of BenJarvis Green-Ellis brings home 24.30, Aaron Hernandez (only playing cause Heap and Gonzolez are both on Bye) got 3.3, and Janikowski kicks in 16. I love when my 3 starting recievers average 15.13 points :3

Though, since Kenny Britt is defintely out for a couple weeks, if not the season, I gotta either find a new reciever, or just keep Tony Gonzalez at TE and put Todd Heap in my W/R/T slot.

We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#81 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Well I did work with my Beanie Wells pick, and Tamme is going to be nice trade bait. Now I just need to pick up Blount and I'll be able to finally wrestle Jamaal Charles away from my friend. So far all my trades have failed since no one ever wants to take the risk of making a dud trade, even though my offers are very nice, but who can resist a Blount, Mathews, and possibly Tamme trade?

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#82 User is offline   diabolikl 

• rosie
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:diabolikl

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

yeah, tamme worked nice for me and i was able to pull-out a victory this week and move back into my rightful spot - FIRST PLACE!!!! i may have to use him more often now as vernon davis pulled a hammy last weekend and no timetable has been set on return. i've also got brent celek, but he's been a dud this season so i might end-up dumping him and looking for some wideouts on waivers.

#83 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

View Postdiabolikl, on 03 November 2010 - 01:24 PM, said:

yeah, tamme worked nice for me and i was able to pull-out a victory this week and move back into my rightful spot - FIRST PLACE!!!! i may have to use him more often now as vernon davis pulled a hammy last weekend and no timetable has been set on return. i've also got brent celek, but he's been a dud this season so i might end-up dumping him and looking for some wideouts on waivers.

Who do you have one the waiver wire?

I'm sadly still 2 away from my 1st place spot, but I'm leading my division, and currently the only team to win through every bye week.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#84 User is offline   diabolikl 

• rosie
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

i put requests in for brandon tate and steve breaston, but being in first gives me 10th pick in our league(if everyone utilizes the waiver wire). darrius heyward-bey is out there too, but i'm convinced last week was just a fluke! tate would be my preference because with orten on bye this week i'll be starting brady at qb. if you've got any sleepers out there let me know, but being in a 10-man league that really rewards receivers point-wise the big names are all gone. i have to start at least two receivers(as many as 4 not including te's) each week and right now all i have is jeremy maclin and steve smith(carolina) not on bye this week.

#85 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

View Postdiabolikl, on 03 November 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

i put requests in for brandon tate and steve breaston, but being in first gives me 10th pick in our league(if everyone utilizes the waiver wire). darrius heyward-bey is out there too, but i'm convinced last week was just a fluke! tate would be my preference because with orten on bye this week i'll be starting brady at qb. if you've got any sleepers out there let me know, but being in a 10-man league that really rewards receivers point-wise the big names are all gone. i have to start at least two receivers(as many as 4 not including te's) each week and right now all i have is jeremy maclin and steve smith(carolina) not on bye this week.

Heyward-bey wasn't a fluke. With Louis Murphy, Bey is Oakland's only vertical receiver. Tate is good because he's quickly becoming the Pats' long ball receiver, something I told my friend when he was insistent that Branch would be the big-play receiver, but Breaston would be much more consistent, as long as Anderson stays behind center since most D's leave him man uped and double Fitz. By the way, he's one of my pick-ups for the wire this week too.

If these people are on the waivers, they should be priority. Mike Williams (either Tampa or SEA; both are monsters but SEA didn't practice today), Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, and Devon Bess. These are all guys who fly under the radar but post great numbers. Also, keep checks on Mike-Sims Walker and Crabtree, MSM still hasn't been consistent but that could change now that Garrard is on fire, and Crabtree will surely come to life on Alex Smith returns to the field. He didn't do bad with the other Smith, but they'll rarely air em out if their main guy isn't playing.

This post has been edited by JerseyPaint: 03 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#86 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

In case you haven't heard, Austin Collie is expected to be back for this weekend while Kenny Britt is out at least 4 weeks. Guess who just got added and dropped on my team?
I'm just glad I'm playing a really weak team this week. I got Josh Freeman at QB (I has Ryan Fitzpatrick, but didn't like him against the Bears. Freeman against the Falcons is much better). And the revolving door with my team and Braylon Edwards continues since Brandon Lloyd is on Bye (With Kyle Orton, hence Josh Freeman starting).

Just hope the law firm of BenJarvis Green-Ellis does work like he did last week. Even half his points last week will be nice (got 24.something last week). I killed the girl I was playing (149 to 94).

#87 User is offline   diabolikl 

• rosie
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

well, 4 weeks is better than the 6-8 they were originally saying for britt! sucks losing him because he was a MONSTER for me at wr the last few weeks. i did manage to get tate off waivers and i can't decide between tamme and celek at te. i'm also playing a weaker team this week, but honestly i get MORE stressed playing the weaker ones because if you lose you don't hear the end of it! there's a lot of parity on our league as a few of us at the top are 5-3 and nobody else is worse than 3-5 except for one guy at 1-7. the next few weeks are going to be critical to see how playoffs shape-up. in our league 6 of the 10 advance with the top 2 getting a first-round bye so i'm not going to be a pleasant person to be around the next few sundays - that's SAD isn't it?

#88 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

lol my running backs got a combined 52 points. Hillis and Bradshaw beasted. Rivers beasted. Collie had -.10 but its cool cause I started him over Braylon Edwards who got 11.80. Also I'm up 50 with the Steelers D to play. Opponent is done. 2nd straight week of 50+ point wins.

#89 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

I had both Hillis and Foster...and Rice. I finished this week with a very pleasing, and league best, 228.78 pts. My WRs had a combined 14pts too.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#90 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

my team is out of the championship chances :\
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image