HPA works fine with a Phantom.
Member of Team Akkadian

#17 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, but you don't want to have a huge tank on it.

Right now I run either 12g, 3.5 oz or a 9 oz CO2 tank. It depends on if I can get the 3.5 filled properly. I'd like to get a 13/3000 Ninja tank though.

As for painting it.... It shouldn't be too difficult. Just like any paint job you want to rough up the surface so the paint can grip better. Whether you should paint it or not is a different question. If it's basic black go right ahead. If it's anything but black.... I wouldn't.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#18 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

If I was going with a Phantom, I'd use a Ninja 13/3000.

But I already have one of those air tanks, so it wouldn't be extra cost to me.
Member of Team Akkadian

#19 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

You can fix the farting sound on a KP by buying a spyder spring kit and messing around until you find the proper balance.

If you are playing open class, please do not buy the phantom. Open class phantoms just look wrong to me. I would look into getting a used Azodin KP, or a used Trilogy. Both are pumps for people that are just getting into pump play, and are very inexpensive.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#20 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on 25 July 2010 - 06:28 PM, said:

You can fix the farting sound on a KP by buying a spyder spring kit and messing around until you find the proper balance.

If you are playing open class, please do not buy the phantom. Open class phantoms just look wrong to me. I would look into getting a used Azodin KP, or a used Trilogy. Both are pumps for people that are just getting into pump play, and are very inexpensive.

But I love my open class Phantom :laugh:

Posted Image

And BlueEnigma, I wouldn't paint a Phantom after it's been annodized. You can find in almost any color, and they don't like to be painted too many times. I suppose if you can Duracoat it or really do it properly than that is fine, but as Puzuma said I wouldn't do it on a Phantom that's already been anno'd. Also, don't get a Phantom re-annodized. They don't tend to accept re-annodization very well.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#21 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

See. I'm not the only one who thinks open class phantoms are a bad idea :laugh:

#22 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on 25 July 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

Most pump guns have that fart sound. It's something you get used to. I have never personally shot the azodin.

MOst pump guns certainly do not make that sound. It means your sniper is sprung wrong. You won't hear a phantom or carter make that noise, or any sheridans. Just wrongly sprung snipers.

View Post5N1P3R, on 25 July 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

See. I'm not the only one who thinks open class phantoms are a bad idea :)

Yes. :D Nothing wrong with open class anything. If it's what you want, then it's what you should get. :o I see nothing wrong with an OC nelson, yeah they are super light and better suited to SC, but nothing wrong with rocking a small hopper on em.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#23 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

View PostLegato, on 25 July 2010 - 11:29 PM, said:

View Post5N1P3R, on 25 July 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

Most pump guns have that fart sound. It's something you get used to. I have never personally shot the azodin.

MOst pump guns certainly do not make that sound. It means your sniper is sprung wrong. You won't hear a phantom or carter make that noise, or any sheridans. Just wrongly sprung snipers.

View Post5N1P3R, on 25 July 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

See. I'm not the only one who thinks open class phantoms are a bad idea :)

Yes. :D Nothing wrong with open class anything. If it's what you want, then it's what you should get. :o I see nothing wrong with an OC nelson, yeah they are super light and better suited to SC, but nothing wrong with rocking a small hopper on em.

To be honest I wanted a stock class breach, but didn't have the $ for both at the time and figured I'd get more use out of a feedneck, as I'd never played pump regularly before that and the Phantom was my new primary. I'm torn as to whether or not I should get a universal stock feed, or just buy a new breach and have it annodized, even though it probably won't match the anno perfectly. I'm leaning towards the ladder, as Phantoms are super classy in VSC. Might get it straight black, might look better with the black furniture than a slightly mismatched anno.

This post has been edited by Mike68: 26 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#24 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 25 July 2010 - 06:00 PM, said:

Don't trust Flo. He's our forum scam artist. He's been trying to convince everyone he's a real person but we all know he's a figment of his own imagination.

You lie.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#25 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

No I don't. No go back and play with Hobbes.

You can keep the right/left feed body and use a stick feed. Just be sure you can mount it parallel to the body, that way it can be considered stock class.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#26 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Funny...My Phantom is my open class pump. If I want to play stock class I have a Super Stocker for that.

Puz nailed the eratic velocity issue. The gun design has nothing to due with this issue, it is usually a user created problem.

Pump not smooth...yes on new Phantoms it can feel this way especially if you have been shooting a very used pump or a very high end pump. But this stiff feeling goes away with use. My personal Phantom has a very nice consistant pull that is silky and soft. I have had mine for a few years now and it has been great.

Painting...yes they can be painted. Seen it done quite a bit. Duracoat really is the best option since it is very difficult to get most other surface finishes to stick to annodized aluminum.
Your best bet is to get the color you want the first time and not mess with paintng it. CCI has a great variety of color options along with dust if you so like. The dusted option deepens and darkens all the colors creating even more choices.

I love the CCM line. My daughter has a beautiful S6. And the T2 is simply a wonder to shoot. But for most pump players that kind of cash comitment is hard to look past when there are so many less expensive options.

Quite honestly most player find pump to be fun, so get what you think you want the first time and really enjoy the experience. You are doing the right thing by asking questions and getting other players input on the guns....just remember, we will all favor something different. We all have differing taste in our equipment and there is no right answer from us to you...in the end it will be up to you and you alone what you desire in a pump gun.

If you have specific Phantom questions I would be happy address them.

#27 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Blue... About the Sterling STP... The velocity needs to be adjusted the same way as the phantom, using an adjuster rod down the barrel.

There are a couple of things you can do to avoid this though. A Stabilizer can be used to tweak the velocity, but it costs more money.

The other, and I may be mistaken on this, is to get a rear velocity adjuster installed. I know I've seen them on various Tippmann's but I'm fairly certain I've seen a Phantom with one, I just can't recall where. It may be a completely custom option and will definitely cost more if it is.

The CCM S6 uses a 1/8" allen key to adjust the velocity through the body. But that's what you get for that price.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BlueEnigma

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I know that i could probably get a cheaper beginner pump and not spend a lot of money but I kinda want to just dive head long into pump and Im fairly confident that i will take a liking to it anyways. I play with my tippmann right now and i hardly shoot at lot as is. I just want something really accurate and im leaning towards the phantom because i hear great things about them and i also know that the nelson base is fairly simple to understand so it wont be overly complicated or extremely maintenance heavy. So i will probably save money or awhile then order it direct and get what i want. and well if i dont like it. i guess im S.O.L and i gotta sell it. But i think it will be worth the gamble. Also thanks for the insight on the erratic velocity.
Also about the tanks im not to sure about the HPA tank terms so if someone could elaborate a little bit that would help a lot.
The only thing that never changes is change.

#29 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

What do you need to know about HPA terminology?
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BlueEnigma

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

Like someone on here said something about a ninja 13/3000. I get ninja is the brand but what does 13/3000 mean. Does it mean 13 ounce 3000 psi or what?
The only thing that never changes is change.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users