• You cannot reply to this topic

CarverOne/TPN Tango One Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xlight 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I just though I would do a review of the Carver one/Tango One since I don't see that many people review it or talk it about much. I hope this help some new players or individuals are intreseted in the marker in itself.

The Carver one is the new marker form the U.S. Army line. Internationally however it is known as the TPN Tango One.

First Impressions:
When I first pulled this out of the box, the Carver one is defiantley built like a rock and you almost felt like the marker had the reliablity and dependiblity of a real steel firearm. The gun is entirely metal with the exception of the elbow feedneck, trigger. and the trigger safety(if you want to get into detail). The marker comes with a 8 1/2 inch barrel(98 threaded). The marker also come standard with two side rails, one bottom rail and one large top rail. The 2 side rails and bottom rial measure approximately 2 1/4 inches long. While the top rail measures right around 10 inches more so or less. The marker also has a steel braided gas hose and is not suprisingly a blow back design marker. I would also like to mention that the gun has a new redesign elbow in which you can easily access the loading chamber for cleaning by simiply unscrewing the elbow.

While the carver one has great features on it. There are some cons about it although it really comes down to personal preference in my opinnion.

Cons:
1.) It is not as easy to clean like some other tippmann models, and what I mean by this, is that in order to clean, maintain or upgrade this gun. You need to take it apart everytime you need to access the bolt, orings etc.

2.) It is not as upgradible as the custom 98 (even though the carver one is a 98 internally). The carver one can not accept 98 shrouds or magazine/magazine wells. It can however accept all 98 stocks and the army alpha/sierra one stock. Air-through stocks however I'm not so sure about but I will let you know as soon as test it. It will also support most barrels providing that they are 98 threaded. I should also note the carver one will not accept a cyclone feed system and will not accept any upgraded elbow feednecks since the carver one feedneck and the 98 feed neck are slightly different. Internally the carver one ain't open to much options as well. the carver one will not accept ACT bolts and much of 98 interanl upgrades but the carver one does come with an option to have an e-grip(*note that you have buy the carver one that comes with the egrip becuase it seems like you can not install it, but correct me if I am wrong).

Like I said these can be viewed as cons but I see these as preferences since you can either way with the carver one.

Pros:
1.) cheap, about $99 to purchase one of these bad boys so it is defiantley in the price range for a beginner or anyone really.

2.) Durable as hell, nothing will and ever break this marker. If you need a gun to loan to your buddies without worrying about them breaking you $400-$500 marker. Give them this, it can take a beating trust me.

3.) 98 internals so you know that this gun will rarely fail you. Plus the parts and the repairs will also be cheap.

Overall I have got ot say that the carver one is a pretty good gun. It seem to have no problems and kept shooting great just like the first day I got it. Plus Tippmann always has great customer service so that can be view as an added bonus as well. I will use this as my secondary gun aside from my phenom but if I had to give a rating I would give a solid 7.5 out of 10. I hope you enjoyed reading the review. Please correct me if i made any mistakes. I want to make sure that players get the right info about this marker. Also please add anything to the review so we can make this as infromative as possible to the new players out there looking for a good starting gun.

Thank you,
Xlight

#2 User is offline   PB MERC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

to operate the carver i believe you can say its a "beginner" marker, but yes it is kind of a pain to take apart and clean, maintain, etc. i own one and the lack of upgrades doesnt really bother me, i play light, anything thats not a performance improving upgrade i dont bother with. ( but thats just me) i like relaibility of the marker and the lbs of my setup. smiply a 14" cp tactical barrel, 48ci ninja tank, and an app neoprene cover with 2 pod loops on it, o, and a 200 round shake and bake hopper. i play with air on gun so everything i need is at most 10" away from my non shooting hand. always up for oponoins.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users