Special Ops Paintball: World Cup 2010 - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Cup 2010 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   5N1P3R 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,832
  • Joined: 24-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

I missed this before, but I was at buffalo wild wings for the USA/England game...

-England had more chances. USA had a few and got lucky on there goal.

-When USA's goalie got cleated in the chest, did anyone else see his face after he got up? It looked like he was going to kill someone...

-When USA scored, did anyone see beckhams face because of how bad the goal was haha.

Brazil vs. South Africa now!!!
0

#17 User is offline   Lachero 

  • We Few...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 78
  • Joined: 18-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Estes Park, CO

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Everyone who says the usa got lucky with their goal, thats actually not true at all. I'll second pirate in saying that my boy Clint Dempsey totally throws Steven Gerrard, the CAPTAIN of the English team before taking the shot(which had to be powerful to have a goalie let it slip out of his hands! Also anyone watching Brazil North Korea?
I like turtles!
Support Cedric Diggory...Edward Stinks!
0

#18 User is offline   5N1P3R 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,832
  • Joined: 24-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

View PostLachero, on Jun 15 2010, 01:33 PM, said:

Everyone who says the usa got lucky with their goal, thats actually not true at all. I'll second pirate in saying that my boy Clint Dempsey totally throws Steven Gerrard, the CAPTAIN of the English team before taking the shot(which had to be powerful to have a goalie let it slip out of his hands! Also anyone watching Brazil North Korea?


...but did you not see it hit the goalies hands and then bounce past him... :D
0

#19 User is offline   aslanprime 

  • Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 470
  • Joined: 10-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorba Linda, California
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

I feel bad that I could care less about soccer. I love hockey...and I always listen to people talk about how boring it is and how they can't "get into it". I just can't imagine how you can't "get into" hockey. But...to be fair...I feel the exact same way about soccer. Maybe the US can advance a bit and stir up some interest in the states for those of us that otherwise could give a flying poo.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE
0

#20 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Jun 15 2010, 12:03 PM, said:

View PostLachero, on Jun 15 2010, 01:33 PM, said:

Everyone who says the usa got lucky with their goal, thats actually not true at all. I'll second pirate in saying that my boy Clint Dempsey totally throws Steven Gerrard, the CAPTAIN of the English team before taking the shot(which had to be powerful to have a goalie let it slip out of his hands! Also anyone watching Brazil North Korea?


...but did you not see it hit the goalies hands and then bounce past him... :D

That's my point. He had some force on his shot to have it hit the keeper and still have the force to roll in.

I'm amazed North Korea did so well against Brazil. Sure, their goal was a last minute point (and I didn't get to actually see the game...playing golf). But I was honestly expecting a 5-0 beat down. Honestly, unless Brazil was just saving itself for Portugal and Ivory Coast, they aren't getting nearly as far as I thought.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#21 User is offline   5N1P3R 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,832
  • Joined: 24-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Keyword. Some force haha. I am not gonna bicker about it though.

Brazil's first goal was really good. Even thought the goalie wasn't in position, the forward was looking as if he was going to cross it in (causing the goalie to step off the line) and then inny-outed in into the back of the net :P

North Korea did put up a good fight, I will give them that...

...and Pirate. I was golfing and then it poured on me. Badly. I finished my 9 and then watched the game in the club house :dodgy:
0

#22 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

USA got robbed. Granted, we shouldn't have even been in that situation, but how the Ref disallowed a beautifully played, completely legal goal is beyond me. Invade Mali!

But, it makes me feel slightly better that Germany lost...

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#23 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Couldn't watch the game because I was at work.... but I've youtubed it and, wow. Holy crap. Here's the clip for those who missed it:

zhp_hkLkRE

WHAT?

REALLY?

We better get some GOLLY GEE WILIKERS consideration for that bull crap, that's all I'm gonna say. That's as bad as the French handball in qualifiers.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#24 User is offline   The Stuntman 

  • I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 2,721
  • Joined: 06-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Cruz CA
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

View PostPirate, on Jun 18 2010, 09:09 AM, said:

USA got robbed. Granted, we shouldn't have even been in that situation, but how the Ref disallowed a beautifully played, completely legal goal is beyond me. Invade Mali!

But, it makes me feel slightly better that Germany lost...


It sure would be nice if the ref at least told people what the alleged foul actually was...
but of course, since there was no foul, that might make the ref feel uncomfortable...and we wouldn't want that no would we? :dry:
0

#25 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

THANK YOU, Algeria.

We now control our own destiny.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#26 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Jun 18 2010, 02:38 PM, said:

THANK YOU, Algeria.

We now control our own destiny.

More like 'Thank you England. Once again you have a roster full of All-Stars who fail to perform together has a team.' But yes, Algeria did work.
I heard earlier on ESPN that FIFA will be conducting a something-or-another Performance Evaluation. I used to be a certified FIFA ref (technically still am, just need to recertify). As soon as I heard that I started cracking up, because that basically means "Dude is screwed". He won't be officiating any more international games for a while.

The best part was when they showed the replay of it, you can see two Slovenian players giving HUGS to two American players. FULL ON, ARMS WRAPPED AROUND, BEAR HUGS. If it wasn't for Algeria and England drawing at nil, I'd be even more angry.

Oh, and I checked the Refs profile on FIFA. It lists English as one of his spoken languages. So the first thought of 'He doesn't know English, so he can't explain the foul' just got shot down.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#27 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:41 AM

View PostPirate, on Jun 18 2010, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Jun 18 2010, 02:38 PM, said:

THANK YOU, Algeria.

We now control our own destiny.

More like 'Thank you England. Once again you have a roster full of All-Stars who fail to perform together has a team.' But yes, Algeria did work.
I heard earlier on ESPN that FIFA will be conducting a something-or-another Performance Evaluation. I used to be a certified FIFA ref (technically still am, just need to recertify). As soon as I heard that I started cracking up, because that basically means "Dude is screwed". He won't be officiating any more international games for a while.

The best part was when they showed the replay of it, you can see two Slovenian players giving HUGS to two American players. FULL ON, ARMS WRAPPED AROUND, BEAR HUGS. If it wasn't for Algeria and England drawing at nil, I'd be even more angry.

Oh, and I checked the Refs profile on FIFA. It lists English as one of his spoken languages. So the first thought of 'He doesn't know English, so he can't explain the foul' just got shot down.


He doesn't have to explain, technically or legally. Which I *like* about Soccer, because it's ten times better than stopping the game every three minutes to look at what just happened again, in slow motion.... but dizzamn, you're supposed to officiate WELL or else the lack of a challenge-flag becomes a problem, like when they initially couldn't card Zidane a few years back after his headbut because, technically, the ref wasn't looking and didn't see a foul.

And yeah, I get it, it's a hard sport to officiate, but you can't seriously look *past* two penalties to take away a goal over....... nothing........ whatever he saw to make that call *SHOULD* have been really flagrant, but as nobody in the GOLLY GEE WILIKERS world can figure out what the hell he was calling, we're stuck with the plausible probability that the ref is just a REALLY HAPPY PERSON.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#28 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Well, really you are supposed to say what the foul was when asked. More of a courtesy thing than actual rule.
But now that FIFA is looking in to it, he has to say EXACTLY what he saw, which I'm guessing he'll answer 'My colon...'

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#29 User is offline   Eskimo 

  • Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,319
  • Joined: 05-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitby Canada.
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

lol. all the teams are slapping Australia around.
0

#30 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

But not New Zealand. According to an apparently racist sports commentator from ABC, the "All Whites are All Right." And I thought Apartheid ended *months* ago....
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

Share this topic:


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users