PM me if u need help.
Also my mom has a mac, i love it but...
*Disclaimer my mom is not a computer person, like one of those people who break things by touching it. and her computer a mac book pro is 3 years old.
1) we got it, and it didnt have the latest os on it. im not an apple person so im going to say it was tiger pre-installed and we had ordered one with leopard. not that big a deal they sent us a disk. still a but inconvient
2) after a year the charger would only work half the time
3) a year later the screen stopped working, so that was a pain. Brought it to the techs, apples "genius" bar they said it was the logic board. So it had to be sent out to texas to be fixed. We got it backed, but unfortunately someone had whipped the hard drive. Why? i dont know and neither did the people at the genuis bar. I get that it cud just be standard procedure, but remember this is my moms mac, she was the one who brought it in. and if u ever talk to her about computers at all u would know she doesnt know anything about them ( its 3 years now and she still calls me in to ask how to put photoshop in her dock cause she accidentally removed it.) they should have told her. so basically 2 years of my moms graphic design work gone, thankfully she backed a lot up on cds.
4) currently the battery holds a 6 min charge and then dies. so we have to keep it plugged in.
1) the mail app is a #$%^& and doesnt play nice at all.
2) ive had some issues with the wifi, fixed though with a new router.
3) get the three warranty, its worth it, i would hate to have seen the cost of the above w/o it.
4) the mac when i use it seems to run fine and fast.
5) Genuis bar = not helpful in my opinion
Also i had an 80 gb video for like 4 years, i loved that thing, and probally took more abuse then my paintball gear and still kept playing. Now i have an itouch (which i love) as my video finally broke
I actually would have gotten the zune but it had no 64 gig version at the time and i have excessive music collections.
And a final note on apple
They try to project to be the everyday persons computer, but then be the oppisite. their expensive and really not that customizable. their mostly found at design and grahics companies. so those go at odds. And watching my mom as someone whos come back to computers after 20+ years i would say the way they organize the os is more confusing for new people then a windows.
PS who ever said that macs are better for graphics and stuff then pcs. well ur right in a way. Macs run for a higher price, if i took the money i wud have spent on a mac and put it into making a pc they wud even out on the graphics side a lot more.