Apple Can Die Apple Design Flaws 101.

#16 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on May 24 2010, 04:53 PM, said:

Every single Apple product has a built in "Screw you!" designed to make you spend more money. The iPod? Non-replaceable battery and only works with iTunes. iTunes? It used to be DRM-only, and Apple only changed due to competition. The iPhone? Liquid sensors on the OUTSIDE that can be triggered by sweaty hands, so they can use it as an excuse to invalidate the warranty. The iPhone is also locked to a particular carrier and the Apple App Store (in other words, they TELL you what to think). Apple computers? They charge for OS upgrades that are nothing more than glorified service packs. You have to PAY for the OS support you should have got when you bought the OS or system. Apple notebooks, specifically? They're unibody all-metal construction that dents and warps if the machine is bumped against something or dropped from even a short distance, a distance that a normal plastic and metal-framed laptop could easily handle. They then use this visible damage to invalidate your warranty when something completely unrelated breaks (I have a good friend who had this very thing happen).

And yet, after all of this, people still buy their overpriced garbage? Apple users are sheep, and Apple is the perverted sheperd. People need to wake up and stop being sheepshagged.

Narrow minded people are narrow minded.

Apple makes some of the best machines on the planet...anyone in film or photography uses apple products because they are superior to a pc...PC are great for people who play games, and they make a better server platform but other than that a PC has nothing on an apple product...they are cheaper but you get what you pay for.

#17 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

View PostTeddy K, on May 25 2010, 12:00 AM, said:

Narrow minded people are narrow minded.

D'ohohoho.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#18 User is offline   Reaper1101 

• Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Where are the Sensore on the iphone? Im looking at mine right now...

I also believed that i can have any carrier i was on my iphone. Do I not have to unlocck every other phone to use it with other providers? Or wait do your reserch and wait for the 4g to come out to multiple companys.

Now, if you said they delete your appstore accout if they find out you jailbroke it, id uderstand that. your argument sucks.
Hashido- a way of life...

#19 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iPhone-3GS-16GB-...ntract/11308933

Something's up...less than 100 bucks for an iphone (with shizzly AT&T service plan)

My guess: New iphone is coming out...or they're going to open it up to other service providers and are trying to tie up as many people as possible into AT&T before they do.

-Tenacious

#20 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

View PostReaper1101, on May 25 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

Where are the Sensore on the iphone? Im looking at mine right now...

I also believed that i can have any carrier i was on my iphone. Do I not have to unlocck every other phone to use it with other providers? Or wait do your reserch and wait for the 4g to come out to multiple companys.

Now, if you said they delete your appstore accout if they find out you jailbroke it, id uderstand that. your argument sucks.

I have no idea what hes talking, there is one sensor and its inside the headphone jack...it also wont go off unless its completely submerged in water.

#21 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

we don't have a lot of apple products, we got an ipod nano at a garage sale for a $1...it works and never had any problems with it.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#22 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

View PostTenacious221, on May 25 2010, 01:59 PM, said:

Something's up...less than 100 bucks for an iphone (with shizzly AT&T service plan)

My guess: New iphone is coming out...or they're going to open it up to other service providers and are trying to tie up as many people as possible into AT&T before they do.

-Tenacious

Well, Apple did announce iPhone OS 4.0 not to long ago.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#23 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostTenacious221, on May 25 2010, 11:59 AM, said:

-Tenacious

Same thing happened last year when the 3GS was approaching market, which incidentally is how I got my 3G. No foolies, if you wanna buy an iPhone now's the time.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#24 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostTenacious221, on May 25 2010, 02:59 PM, said:

-Tenacious

my girlfriend got her iphone for like $54 (refurbished) around christmas time. most of the time they are so cheap because you're renewing your services at the same time. Kinda like how a droid cost $550 new, but with a two year plan it is buy one get one free at $199.

Her phone is pretty much perfect for being a refurb, even came with the packaging like it was a totally new phone. i couldnt find any defects making me think it was ever in anyone elses sweaty palms.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#25 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Well, the big conference/show that Apple ALWAYS announces something big at is coming up in a couple weeks right? 3G iPhones dropping to $100 pretty much seals the new announcement as 4G iPhone...hopefully open to other providers. If I could get Verizon service with an iPhone, I might hate it less and actually get one. If it was cheaper than the Droid...and could run multiple applications at the same time. Yes, I said applications. I hate the word 'Apps'. 'Apps' are kitchen short-hand for 'Appetizers'. You say it runs 'Apps' to me and I'm thinking it's a friggin' waiter that only takes out Nachos and Salads :)
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#26 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

3.1.3 Jailbreak PM me if u need help. :D

Also my mom has a mac, i love it but...

*Disclaimer my mom is not a computer person, like one of those people who break things by touching it. and her computer a mac book pro is 3 years old.

1) we got it, and it didnt have the latest os on it. im not an apple person so im going to say it was tiger pre-installed and we had ordered one with leopard. not that big a deal they sent us a disk. still a but inconvient
2) after a year the charger would only work half the time
3) a year later the screen stopped working, so that was a pain. Brought it to the techs, apples "genius" bar they said it was the logic board. So it had to be sent out to texas to be fixed. We got it backed, but unfortunately someone had whipped the hard drive. Why? i dont know and neither did the people at the genuis bar. I get that it cud just be standard procedure, but remember this is my moms mac, she was the one who brought it in. and if u ever talk to her about computers at all u would know she doesnt know anything about them ( its 3 years now and she still calls me in to ask how to put photoshop in her dock cause she accidentally removed it.) they should have told her. so basically 2 years of my moms graphic design work gone, thankfully she backed a lot up on cds.
4) currently the battery holds a 6 min charge and then dies. so we have to keep it plugged in.

Final thoughts
1) the mail app is a #$%^& and doesnt play nice at all.
2) ive had some issues with the wifi, fixed though with a new router.
3) get the three warranty, its worth it, i would hate to have seen the cost of the above w/o it.
4) the mac when i use it seems to run fine and fast.
5) Genuis bar = not helpful in my opinion

Also i had an 80 gb video for like 4 years, i loved that thing, and probally took more abuse then my paintball gear and still kept playing. Now i have an itouch (which i love) as my video finally broke :( I actually would have gotten the zune but it had no 64 gig version at the time and i have excessive music collections.

And a final note on apple

They try to project to be the everyday persons computer, but then be the oppisite. their expensive and really not that customizable. their mostly found at design and grahics companies. so those go at odds. And watching my mom as someone whos come back to computers after 20+ years i would say the way they organize the os is more confusing for new people then a windows.

PS who ever said that macs are better for graphics and stuff then pcs. well ur right in a way. Macs run for a higher price, if i took the money i wud have spent on a mac and put it into making a pc they wud even out on the graphics side a lot more.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#27 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

june is pretty much apple's release month i think.

i doubt much exciting will come out really, probably more stuff for the ipad and another iphone which will be just like the last with a new case and a few new shortcuts which the phone should have had in the first place.

but there were rumors of a switch to more carriers, but then again, when arent there?
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#28 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

All the problems with stuff breaking and costing money to fix happens all the time with PCs as well stupid people work for Apple and stupid people work for IBM, Dell, HP all those companies.

On the comment with spending the money on a mac and making a PC I can tell you first hand its not true. My dad owns a production company and in the last year or two they bought their first PC based editing system for a reason I dont know, but I think it had to do with the "more bang for buck" factor. Well the guy who ended up shopping for it and assembling it was very good with computers, overall the components in it were superior compared to their current apple based systems. Long story short its terrible, it would lag all the time and it just couldnt handle multiple programs running at once. I think they eventually just parted it out and made computers for secretaries because it was costing them more money in delays that it would have been to keep using it.

#29 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

View Postcoveringfire, on May 26 2010, 05:39 PM, said:

3.1.3 Jailbreak PM me if u need help. :D

Oh sweet, this saves me the trouble of finding the jailbreak thread on the nation. Thanks. :P
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#30 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

What exactly does the jailbreak do? Does it make it so you don't have to use iTunes or something? I don't own an Ipod, though I am looking at a replacement for my Zune, and I do use Zune Music Pass so I want to keep using it if I can.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users