Special Ops Paintball: Wow, my Mom is really starting to get on my nerves... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wow, my Mom is really starting to get on my nerves... Will try not to make it a rant topic and just let out my feelings

#1 User is offline   Gremlin 

• SPC Wright
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

I call home the other day, it's been a long day, went to bed late and had to get up early so of course I'm tired. My Mom picks up and I talk to her (Keep in mind once more, I'm tired so my voice isn't exactly cheery and I told her that I was tired), well, during mid-conversation, she asks, "Are you depressed? You sound like it." At this point I'm about explode because she always does when I just told her that I was tired. Well, apparently that wasn't good enough for her and she starts crying and says I'm depressed.

Now, at this point, my anger is building up (One, because nothing makes me madder than someone else telling me how I feel, what I like and don't like etc. and two, she's crying for no reason). Fortunately, I'm good at holding my anger so I don't make the situation worse. I ask to talk to my Dad because I'm getting tired of this. I ask him what's wrong with her and tells me he has no idea (She's getting on his nerves too). I love my Mom but she's making it hard to put up with her when she ignores everything I say and makes up her own facts (I've talked to her about it but she always "forgets").

Anyway, I'm not trying to make it look like I'm ranting. I just needed to get this off my chest and I would like to hear your input as well.

#2 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

So can I make a new thread when I get pissed at my momma too?

:D

We do have a rant thread dude.
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#3 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

moms are moms ... they worry over a lot of things that we would never think twice about .... but you can never deny that they want only the best for ya ... take it easy with her, you will only have one mom. maybe she needs to see adoctor for her own depression ...i am certainly no doctor, but it almost sounds like she is projecting her issues onto someone else, maybe she cant deal with her own, or doesnt realize it ?

#4 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

Both of my parents died before i was even 16, get the FRAG over it.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#5 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Man, you're a whiny little kid.

Wait, what, you're 20? Holy hell.

#6 User is offline   Gremlin 

• SPC Wright
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Dude Marauder, that was uncalled for. I posted this thread so I can calm down and let loose some of this frustration.

Forgive me. I'll just call my Mom and vent my frustrations on her...

That's something a whiny kid would do.

This post has been edited by Gremlin: 16 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

if it aggravates you when you call her, then why do you call her when you are already having a rough day. Can't you just find a friend or something to talk to/
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#8 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

You sound depressed, and neurotic.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#9 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

View PostGremlin, on May 16 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

Dude Marauder, that was uncalled for. I posted this thread so I can calm down and let loose some of this frustration.

Forgive me. I'll just call my Mom and vent my frustrations on her...

That's something a whiny kid would do.

You need to learn to control your emotions. :facepalm:

ok seriously though, lift weights. They help me vent my frustrations on w/e.
God. Guns. Guts.

#10 User is offline   Gremlin 

• SPC Wright
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

I like to talk about it. That's how I deal with it. Unfortunately, a few people want to turn it into joke fest. I guess I shouldn't have posted this here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#11 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Do I understand that you're in Basic or on active duty?

If so, yeah she's worried sick about you. If, when you call, you sound down she's going to panic. She needs afirmation that everything is going well, you're still happy with your choice and excited about your future.

Effectively, she's lost control of her world because at any time you may be in danger and she can't help you, she's feeling helpless. It's something no parent likes, although I find some parents are able to let go and trust their kids faster. I know when I was in Bosnia my folks were panicked. My nephew, Airbourne, is presently in Iraq and I find I worry if I don't hear from him for a while. (I always answer my phone so I'm his point of contact.) My thoughts are to reassure her a little that everything is moving according to your plan.

As a side note, we do like to play a little and sometimes we, unintentionally step on a raw nerve. When we do it is not done to hurt feelings but intended to get you to chuckle. I don't think offense was meant, but I may be wrong.
Who flung poo?

#12 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Keep open communication between you two, that could solve a lot of problems.
God. Guns. Guts.

#13 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

View PostEpic_Fail, on May 16 2010, 05:44 PM, said:

You sound depressed, and neurotic.

You sound like a towel.

On-topic, people without parent-issues are weird. You, on the other hand, are normal. You're gonna have to get used to over-the-phone parenting though.... With my mom, whatever I'm like on the phone is, in her mind, "how I've been since the last time I called." We've finally got to the point now where me sounding different doesn't make her freak out, but that took all of college and half of pilot training -- I mean, it's an adjustment for your folks, you not being around for them to stress about face-to-face. So let 'em adjust. That's my $.02
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#14 Guest_Lt.Vortex_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

Your mom definitely has something on her mind. Talk to her, show affection to her. Women always try and cover there feelings by ignoring them.

#15 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

my mom was like that when I moved out. It took awhile to adjust but she is better now. just keep in touch with her and let her know everything is ok. I'm really not good with other peoples emotions, or communicating, but don't get mad at her she is just worried about you and she probably misses you. Just let her know you are ok and not to worry. Moms need reassurance that their kids are ok.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users