• You cannot reply to this topic

woodsball shoes

#31 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

View PostIrishMack, on May 18 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

I am throughly jealous, I'm assuming if I got them I would probably be just fine anyways as far as the muscles are concerned...I played 8 hrs of paintball the other day barefooted, used to do all of my baseball and soccer practices barefoot, and only ever go for walks barefooted. Only time that I wear shoes are if I'm in the store, or if I'm at school. I might try to put them on for my wishlist for my birthday or something. I actually have never twisted my ankle or anything while barefooted, but within 5 minutes of putting my shoes on I will trip over something.

agreed, i am much more stable on my bare feet then in shoes. LOL i am a total klutz in shoes. My offer to get ya shoes will always stand. ;)
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#32 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

View Postbigsal39, on May 18 2010, 05:47 PM, said:

im flat footed, but constantly walk around barefoot(im a boater). it hurts my feet if i wear shoes too long. and as far as knees go my one knee is screwed up completly they might have to do surgery one it (great for a 16 year old).

Go see a good Podiatrist. I was looking at surgery when i was 16 as well for dual torn minial meniscus.

I spent an after noon walking up and down the hallway while my doctor made notes...on my legs with a sharpie. When he was satisfied faom casting were taken of my feet and in a week I had the inserts.

Took me another month to learn how to walk again. But within a year my kee pain was gone and surgury was not needed anylonger.

I still suffer the long term effects of the abuse prior to that doctor though. Condromalacia is the new diagnosis. Basically I have a premature abusive aging of the knee. A few things cause pain...so I do not do those things!Eventually I will have to have replacements, but that can be done later....for now I wear good shoes that offer me traction and control as well a good heel cup to keep the plate in place.

I have wanted to try those Converse boots...as well as the Oakley's but I find it hard to move away from my Inov8's!

#33 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

i had a patella subluxation which means when a normal persons knee goes out it goes outward, but mine went inward. my knee cap was on the back of my knee and i had to pop it back in.

#34 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

View PostKrazy8, on May 16 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

For the woods you really want a good agressive tread pattern with a flexable sole. The Nike LandShark and Under Armor Hammer are both good examples of a flexible rubber soled football cleat.

I'd add that you want to consider your terrain. If, for example, you are in Colorado, playing in rocky, mountainous terrain, the sole should have something to protect you from the rocks. Vibram insoles have a fiberglass layer that prevents rocks from deforming the sole and bending your foot when you step on them.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#35 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Attached File  93050359_300x300_0_0_Wellco_Wellco_Men_s_X_4Orce_8_Side_Zip_Duty_Boot_W.jpg (12.67K)
Number of downloads: 0
I use these, Wellco x4orce 8" boots. They're lightweight, water proof (at least resistant) and keep my feet cool. I've played in 100* weather and been doused in sweat but still had dry feet. I don't understand it...I just like it. :P
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#36 User is offline   cowboy117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

View Postkage83, on May 19 2010, 10:14 PM, said:

Attachment 93050359...y_Boot_W.jpg
I use these, Wellco x4orce 8" boots. They're lightweight, water proof (at least resistant) and keep my feet cool. I've played in 100* weather and been doused in sweat but still had dry feet. I don't understand it...I just like it. :D

I hit up a surplus store and bought some of the current Army issue suede boots. Comfortable and useful. I played paintball in a ditch after a rainstorm with 6 inches of water and my feet were a little wet but dried quickly. Moisture wicking boot socks work well too...

#37 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

I've always worn a pair of New Balance trail shoes. Very light & supportive, helps me move fast without feeling weighed down. Unfortunately I've somehow "misplaced" them recently. No clue where they ran off too. I'm looking for some kind of replacement & have been eyeballing those OTB brand boots for about a year or so - I just didn't want to drop the $110 for a pair. Although, they recently went on sale for about $60. They just moved to the top of the "paintball wants" list.

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 18 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

I wear Converse tac boots. The pair I wear for paintball used to be my work boots before I bought another set for working on the bus

I've heard a lot of good things about those Converse boots, like wearing trail running shoes but w/ added protection. Nike has a new pair of "special forces" boots that came out recently - w/ the Free sole. I've heard they are ridiculously comfortable too.

This post has been edited by ger: 18 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#38 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

View PostI.K.E., on May 19 2010, 07:20 PM, said:

View PostKrazy8, on May 16 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

For the woods you really want a good agressive tread pattern with a flexable sole. The Nike LandShark and Under Armor Hammer are both good examples of a flexible rubber soled football cleat.

I'd add that you want to consider your terrain. If, for example, you are in Colorado, playing in rocky, mountainous terrain, the sole should have something to protect you from the rocks. Vibram insoles have a fiberglass layer that prevents rocks from deforming the sole and bending your foot when you step on them.

I always thought that wsa important as well...untill I played in a flexable soled cleat. Having that ridgid footbed while you are negotiating rocks tends to place the weight of your body in a concentraighted zone. Once you start to loose traction with all you weight in one spot your are done...you slide out. In the stuggle for control you end up falling down or damaging your ankle.

But whith a flexable sole you foot conforms to the obsticle and your body weight is spread out further displacing weight more evenly as well as wraping around the object you are stepping on. When it is rocks you actaully gain traction and control with a soft sole. Yes you can bruise your feet more doing this, but it leads to less sprained ankles.

I found later the more flexability you have in the sole the stealth you can obtain as well. With my Inov8's I can feel twigs on the dirt without looking and move them with my toe while sneaking close to a target.

#39 User is offline   House of Daggers 

• Arrogance has to be earned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:killasnipr

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

I wear my work boots. They support my ankles

#40 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image

#41 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 01 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

#42 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

I've always used Magnum boots for playing in the woods.
Magnum Boots

I have to use my Element skate shoes for everything else. :)
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#43 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Being a soccer player, i always use soccer cleats. right now, i either use Adidas Copa Mundial or PUMA Kings. those tend to last me about a year of playing soccer 3-4 times a week, along with the beating they receive in Paintball. If i have to play for an extended period of time, i like to wear trail shoes or hiking boots.

However, just wearing plain old running shoes works for me too, if it hasn't rained in awhile and my other shoes are broken (which happens frequently)
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#44 User is offline   ultralight 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

I LOVE my fivefingers. And the fit in the toes isn't as important as you think. My foot, like most, has been mis-shapen by the normal shoes that I've worn for my entire life, and the fivefingers are shaped for more of an un-adulterated foot. My little toe doesn't completely fill that space in the VFF, but it doesn't ever arffect me. As long as you have the correct measurement from your longest toe to your heel, you're good.

Get some! They are amazing for tromping through the woods!

#45 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

To quote myself on a UK forum, I wear many different types of footwear depending on where I am playing, in what conditions, and my mood.

UKScenario
(This was in relation to a question about whether specific paintball cleats are required or suitable for woodsball)

THanks for the input guys, I've enquired about the cleats on eBay as the seller is using the same pic for cleats described as 3/4 and ones described as "high-top". If the cleats are high t i guess they'll be a happy compromise..

Cheers,
Cyph

The pictures below show the difference between the JT cleats.

I wear an assortment of footwear including the mid top JT cleats, soft rubber soled jungle boots, heavy army boots and desert boots.

Considering the environments we play anything with ankle support is far better than anything without.

Cleats are good at what they are designed to do - give grip in the right environments. They are not good indoors or on bridges etc - the cleats are firm so don't grip hard surfaces.
You could easily twist your ankle in the woods with the JTs that I have, the high tops would avoid it. (Note with most 'sports ranges' there are slightly different versions each year to make you buy them again)
(What I do like about these is the laces can be tucked in neatly and zipped away under the top 'tongue' - nothing to dop loose and trip you)

My jungle boots are light and grippy on many surfaces and great indoors, but with soft rubber soles it is often like going barefoot. These are not the best for hard uneven ground outdoors, (also not the right type of jungle boots if you may step on punji sticks)

Most often I wear desert boots.

You also can take into account that these fields are used every weekend by rental players, so most the time you run on a flat hard mud surface.

Packed mud is the most common surface bearing in mind sites are normally in British countryside.

But conditions vary, many that I have experienced are:
rabbit holes, tree roots, gravel, grass, flint, chalk, gravel, log bridges, steps, ladders, packed mud, sticky mud, suspicious smelly 'mud', river beds - dry or flowing
Paths or bunker floors may have been covered with hay, sawdust, wooden pallets, tyres

Many of these at a single site.

If you can find out then enquire about common conditions, otherwise consider your preference against what you may experience.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 02 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users