• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Choice suggestions for x7 phenom Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Okay so I'm planning on outfitting the phenom with HPA, does anyone have an recommendations? Also, I went over the HPA sticky but did not find what the different PSIs are used in conjunction with/for? My thinking was that higher PSI (4500) is the 'high output tank'...
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

nope. 4500 psi is tank input. The tank can hold 4500 psi. The output is determined by the tank regulator. High pressure output is around 800 psi, low pressure output is about 450 psi. Of course this is only the average, manufacturers state the output. Some regs can be user rebuilt to be both.

Are you using a remote line? btw ... steel tanks are horrible but cheap.

#3 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

I plan on possibly using a remote eventually, but not right away as I'll be saving up for a vest from SO =D, why does this matter?
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.

#4 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

View PostSpitfire151, on May 5 2010, 07:46 PM, said:

I plan on possibly using a remote eventually, but not right away as I'll be saving up for a vest from SO =D, why does this matter?

Anyone?
SpecOps Feedback

#5 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

I have a heavy steel HPA tank and run a remote line. It makes a huge difference in the weight and size of the gun. I love my remote. If you plan to wear a tac vest there's no reason not to have your tank on your back.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on May 5 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

nope. 4500 psi is tank input. The tank can hold 4500 psi. The output is determined by the tank regulator. High pressure output is around 800 psi, low pressure output is about 450 psi. Of course this is only the average, manufacturers state the output. Some regs can be user rebuilt to be both.

Are you using a remote line? btw ... steel tanks are horrible but cheap.

So then why do they make different PSI tanks? Like a 3000 or 4500, I'm so used to CO2 being just size of tank that I can't quite get the PSI and cubic inch mix to figure out what is my best buy...
SpecOps Feedback

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

Steel tanks are usually rated for 3000. Also some fibrewrapped tanks were 3000 psi. Carbon fibre wrapped tanks are usually 4500 psi (some 5000 psi.) It depends on the material used and manufacturing methods. Carbon fibre costs more but often have a higher psi rating. To make a steel tank rated for 4500 psi you would add considerable more weight and size.

The reason I asked about the remote line is because if you are looking at a big tank like a 88 then you don't want it on the marker.

#8 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Okay, gotcha. Thank you for the info! Now to decide on a tank (maybe Ninja 68/45) and what I'll need (I know I'll go remote now ;)).

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 15 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

SpecOps Feedback

#9 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

If you are going to go remote now might as well spring for the larger tank if you can. The most common larger tanks are 88 cubic inch tanks. If you do some digging on various forums you might be able to find a 114 cubic inch tank. Down side to the 114 is they are mostly 3,000 PSI instead of 4,500 PSI. Also many of them are probably close to the end of their life span of 15 years. Another option is 92/45, but even those can be hard to find. The I have is a Crossfire and it is 4 years old already.

To go remote all you need is a way to carry the tank and a remote line. I recommend one with a slide check in case you want to set down your marker at all while you are at the field.

#10 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on May 17 2010, 08:17 AM, said:

If you are going to go remote now might as well spring for the larger tank if you can. The most common larger tanks are 88 cubic inch tanks. If you do some digging on various forums you might be able to find a 114 cubic inch tank. Down side to the 114 is they are mostly 3,000 PSI instead of 4,500 PSI. Also many of them are probably close to the end of their life span of 15 years. Another option is 92/45, but even those can be hard to find. The I have is a Crossfire and it is 4 years old already.

To go remote all you need is a way to carry the tank and a remote line. I recommend one with a slide check in case you want to set down your marker at all while you are at the field.

Excellent advice! Thank you and I'll be checking in to all of that this week =D
SpecOps Feedback

#11 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

Another thing to keep in mind is your style of play. I gave you advice based off of my needs as I prefer to play in scenarios and big games. Walk-on just is not challenging enough for me.

If you mostly play walk-on at the local field and don't shoot a lot you can get away with a 68/45 HPA tank. Even if the field can only go up to 3,000 PSI you can still get around 680 shots out of it. If all you use is a hopper and two or three pods per game, which is a lot for walk-on IMHO, you should be good. You just have to air up after every game.

If you shoot a lot and/or go to big games and scenario games you may want to consider a larger tank. Even if you do not shoot a lot during big games you can have plenty of air on you and keep extra paint by your insertion point. About the time I need to take a break, cool down a bit, and grab a snack I am ready to refill my air tank and all my pods.

#12 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

I know everyone is suggesting bigger tanks, although does anyone have a good refrence of the amount of shots you can get with a X7 phenom?

I say this becuase if your marker can reach 1500 shots on a single 4500/68 tank, Why would you want bigger? I would not expect a person to carry 2000 paintballs on them per game, even if it is a big scenario game 1200 -1500 paintballs is a solid amount.

As for high out-put versus low out-put pressure. You need a high. 80% of the markers today use high pressure regs, then the marker itself will regulate that pressure to the markers own operation.

Ninja tanks are great due to the user-friendly regs which can be taken apart and fully serviced by the person. Also Ninja as a paintball company itself has nothing but good reviews to itself.

Im rockin a Pure Energy tank, got a good sale price on it but I am static at 900 PSI out-put. which I cannot change. many markers like Automags for example have Huge differences in operation when you change the pressure even by 50 PSI,

#13 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Thank you everyone, this has helped clear things up immensely.
SpecOps Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users