Special Ops Paintball: Tips for Working Out - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tips for Working Out Exercises, schedules, routines and overall tips and discussion.

#31 User is offline   IrishMack 

  • Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 734
  • Joined: 17-June 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New York

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Quote

what i dont understand is how you guys can do that many push ups...ive been doing pushups for about 2 years, about 3 sets a day every other day usually...and most i can get is 30-40 before my elbows give out. But i can do 25-30 pullups like its cake, i think its a just i have weak joints, because my arms are pretty workedout from benching high weights every other day, so i know i should be able to get more pushups...i only weigh 160...idk i want to get to atleast 60 pushups



I just have to say T-Freak, before I tore the shoulder I was doing maxing at about 70, and I'm a big kid. Now I have to work back up, stuck at no more than 20 before the shoulder feels like it's going to fall.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"


"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)
0

#32 User is offline   Ashrak 

  • Precipice
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 01-December 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

View PostT-Freak, on May 5 2010, 08:28 PM, said:

ugh, distance runs suck so hard


Until you hit the "runners high."

Mine kicks in starting three miles. The longest distance I have done is 5 miles.

(And not regularly. I am getting back into it though.)
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues
0

#33 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

  • Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,028
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lexington, SC
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I've never had a runner's high. And yea we did sprints today at PT...I made it 4 miles lol.
0

#34 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostIrishMack, on May 5 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

Quote

what i dont understand is how you guys can do that many push ups...ive been doing pushups for about 2 years, about 3 sets a day every other day usually...and most i can get is 30-40 before my elbows give out. But i can do 25-30 pullups like its cake, i think its a just i have weak joints, because my arms are pretty workedout from benching high weights every other day, so i know i should be able to get more pushups...i only weigh 160...idk i want to get to atleast 60 pushups



I just have to say T-Freak, before I tore the shoulder I was doing maxing at about 70, and I'm a big kid. Now I have to work back up, stuck at no more than 20 before the shoulder feels like it's going to fall.

Man, I know how that goes. Don't worry, it'll come back to ya. Give that thing all the time it asks for though.... it WILL tear again if you don't respect it. Go on, ask me how I know....
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#35 User is offline   Malu 

  • VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 22-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Around
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 5 2010, 03:03 PM, said:

Gonna run 7 miles today...haven't ran that far in almost a month now so we'll see how it goes.

Dude, that really sucks. I've never gotten a runners high either. I went to Navy PT today, which reminded me why I never will again. They're so pathetic and weak. I can't wait until I'm ONLY around SEAL candidates. We did 100 pushups, in sets of freaking 10. Then we ran 1.5 miles, with a break halfway. Worst thing is the recruiters expect ME to lead them all by running with them and deciding the exercises. Yet they wouldn't let me actually work them out, grrr. Oh well.

0

#36 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

  • Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,028
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lexington, SC
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:46 AM

We always put the slowest in the front to set the pace. That way you don't leave anyone behind. It's easier on your lungs but it kills your legs because you take more steps.
0

#37 User is offline   Malu 

  • VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 22-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Around
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 6 2010, 06:46 AM, said:

We always put the slowest in the front to set the pace. That way you don't leave anyone behind. It's easier on your lungs but it kills your legs because you take more steps.

Yea, but when I can seriously walk their pace...It just gets pathetic. It's just not a workout for me.

0

#38 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

  • Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,028
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lexington, SC
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Tell that to my shins...:P
0

#39 User is offline   Malu 

  • VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 22-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Around
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

My shins kill too...Took 1st in my 400 meter dash today! 42.9 was my time. :tup:

0

#40 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

View PostMalu, on May 5 2010, 09:58 PM, said:

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 5 2010, 03:03 PM, said:

Gonna run 7 miles today...haven't ran that far in almost a month now so we'll see how it goes.

Dude, that really sucks. I've never gotten a runners high either. I went to Navy PT today, which reminded me why I never will again. They're so pathetic and weak. I can't wait until I'm ONLY around SEAL candidates. We did 100 pushups, in sets of freaking 10. Then we ran 1.5 miles, with a break halfway. Worst thing is the recruiters expect ME to lead them all by running with them and deciding the exercises. Yet they wouldn't let me actually work them out, grrr. Oh well.

Welcome to leadership, now shut up and color! lol. That's the way it goes sometimes. Don't hate on the Navy, though, that's not cool. I mean yeah, you can do some pushups and that's wonderful, but those guys are going to FRAGing war, so cut some slack as appropriate.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#41 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

every memorial day the city i live in, and work for.. has a thing called "The fox trot"
and they have..
a 2 mile "fun walk"
a 5k
and a 10mile

the 10 mile route goes by my house, and thats where im usually assigned and i believe im at the 3.5 mile mark..
well anyways.. after doing that for a few years.. you can tell who trained and conditioned for it, and who didnt.. cause by then you got people lagging like crazy.. and i got mad respect for the ones that finish it.

first year i did it i was in the follow car (following the last runner or in this case, walker)

best 4 hours of "work"

but yet when you get to the finish line you got paramedics running around like crazy cause people pushed themselves a little too much and payed for it..

last year someone almost paid with their life.. but thanks to the fast acting director of emergency management, he survived...

so if anyone plans on doing a marathon, hope your train and condition for it..

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 08 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#42 User is offline   IrishMack 

  • Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 734
  • Joined: 17-June 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New York

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

Quote

Welcome to leadership, now shut up and color! lol. That's the way it goes sometimes. Don't hate on the Navy, though, that's not cool. I mean yeah, you can do some pushups and that's wonderful, but those guys are going to FRAGing war, so cut some slack as appropriate.


If they weren't going to war I would say cutting some slack would be appropriate...you would think that we would hold our troops to a higher physical standard....
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"


"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)
0

#43 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

  • Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,028
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lexington, SC
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Most people in the Navy stay out of combat though. Also that's another reason why I like the USMC. Once we finish our run we run back to the last guy and run with him and motivate him and keep him at least shuffling. We help motivate each other and always keep the slower people pushing themselves.
0

#44 User is offline   PistolWhipped 

  • Headshot Specialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 206
  • Joined: 09-January 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

I met a new member of the family at a reunion today. This guy is nuts. Ever hear of a 24-hour marathon? This guy did them back in the Marines. Run a mile loop for 24 hours just to see how many you could do.

His record was 88 . . . O.o
“You deserve nothing. Remember that.”
Posted Image
My Feedback. +3/-0
0

#45 User is offline   Malu 

  • VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 22-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Around
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on May 8 2010, 02:45 AM, said:

View PostMalu, on May 5 2010, 09:58 PM, said:

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 5 2010, 03:03 PM, said:

Gonna run 7 miles today...haven't ran that far in almost a month now so we'll see how it goes.

Dude, that really sucks. I've never gotten a runners high either. I went to Navy PT today, which reminded me why I never will again. They're so pathetic and weak. I can't wait until I'm ONLY around SEAL candidates. We did 100 pushups, in sets of freaking 10. Then we ran 1.5 miles, with a break halfway. Worst thing is the recruiters expect ME to lead them all by running with them and deciding the exercises. Yet they wouldn't let me actually work them out, grrr. Oh well.

Welcome to leadership, now shut up and color! lol. That's the way it goes sometimes. Don't hate on the Navy, though, that's not cool. I mean yeah, you can do some pushups and that's wonderful, but those guys are going to FRAGing war, so cut some slack as appropriate.

Whoa whoa whoa, first off I'm in the Navy how could I hate it? Also, I know these guys are 100x more intelligent than I am! I'm not doubting that one bit. My point is that I can't go to Navy PT and get a workout, I need to do it on my own. The guys there get a good workout, even though most of them will only exercise their brain during their Navy career.

View PostIrishMack, on May 8 2010, 03:42 PM, said:

Quote

Welcome to leadership, now shut up and color! lol. That's the way it goes sometimes. Don't hate on the Navy, though, that's not cool. I mean yeah, you can do some pushups and that's wonderful, but those guys are going to FRAGing war, so cut some slack as appropriate.


If they weren't going to war I would say cutting some slack would be appropriate...you would think that we would hold our troops to a higher physical standard....

I agree with this completely.

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 8 2010, 04:58 PM, said:

Most people in the Navy stay out of combat though. Also that's another reason why I like the USMC. Once we finish our run we run back to the last guy and run with him and motivate him and keep him at least shuffling. We help motivate each other and always keep the slower people pushing themselves.

We do this too sometimes. If we are allowed to run at our own pace once your done you jog back and motivate. If I don't make SEALs for some reason I'll be with the USMC as a medic. Marines use our medics, they don't have their own.

View PostPistolWhipped, on May 8 2010, 07:29 PM, said:

I met a new member of the family at a reunion today. This guy is nuts. Ever hear of a 24-hour marathon? This guy did them back in the Marines. Run a mile loop for 24 hours just to see how many you could do.

His record was 88 . . . O.o

Watch this.

0

Share this topic:


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users