Special Ops Paintball: Difference between 48ci and 50ci ? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Difference between 48ci and 50ci ? Are they the same? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Im in the market for a "booby" tank. Im looking at some from various sites including ebay.

Paintballgear.ca carries a Ninja 49ci and a Ninja 50ci. The bottles in the picture are shaped differently and Ninja's website seams to confirm that these are two different bottles.

the 49ci being 9 1/2" * 4 3/8"
the 50ci being 8 3/4" * 4 1/2"

But here is the issue.

Im looking for the guerrilla air Booby tank for the short Regulator.

Its proving a little harder to find. I found one on ebay but here is the issue. The image is that of the 49ci, not of the booby tank. But the description says 8"

does guerrilla air have a booby tank? or do they use the 49ci bottle.

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 03 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

#2 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

there are 45ci's out there, there are 50's, 49's, 68's, 70's, and i thot i saw some 48's as well .... and prolly some others i dont know about.

the myth reg ( the short guerilla reg you are talking about ) will go onto any carbon fiber bottle. and those measurements you had, are those for the bottle only, or a bottle and reg, and if it is a bottle and reg, then what size reg .. a traditional or a mini ? ...

one important thing you do not seem to take into account is weight ... crossy has the lightest bottles made, and a small reg with the best recharge rates , ... there is a lot to consider besides just size ... unless that is your only prerequisite. .... plus crossy has a pretty sweet deal right now on their tanks that you might want to look at while you are shopping around

i have a small myth reg on my DXS bottle that is a 45/45 ( and i have a pic of it in the bst section if you want to compare it to a 68ci ... it is in the same pic ). i have also had a cp bottle and a myth mini reg

so i guess i am asking, what is it you want out of your bottle and reg ... size, or weight, recharge rate, overall length, smallest ci, ?

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Easy. 50-48= 2. :tup:

Klattu coverd it pretty well ;)

#4 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the help.

Iv been using a 48/3000 for years now and have always had my heart set on something "stubbier", but Im picky and Iv been holding out for the perfect bottle.

Overall length is most important to me right now, the shorter the better.

I really wouldn't care if the tank weighed as much as my 48/3000 so Im willing to sacrifice weight, and even recharge rate within reason.

Does either of you guys have an opinion on the recharge rate of a myth reg? Is it poor? difference between G1/G2 ?

and where Can I get a good look at some crossfire tanks?

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Do you have a local pro shop? Try as many tanks as possible there.

For super super short. Ninja 50/45 Boobie tank. One of, if not the shortest tanks (might be a guerrilla tank about half inch smaller maybe).

#6 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

View Postmotherboard1, on Apr 4 2010, 05:34 PM, said:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the help.

Iv been using a 48/3000 for years now and have always had my heart set on something "stubbier", but Im picky and Iv been holding out for the perfect bottle.

Overall length is most important to me right now, the shorter the better.

I really wouldn't care if the tank weighed as much as my 48/3000 so Im willing to sacrifice weight, and even recharge rate within reason.

Does either of you guys have an opinion on the recharge rate of a myth reg? Is it poor? difference between G1/G2 ?

and where Can I get a good look at some crossfire tanks?

i have had a myth g1 on two separate tanks and never had any issues with it ... recharged just fine .. supposedly the only diff between the g1 and the g2 is the ability to adjust the fill nipple height and the tank gage hieight using some alternate holes they put on the reg ... in case you cant fill up because the place you are playing has a restrictor on their nipple that wouldnt fit on the original nipple because of height, or you couldnt screw it on to the asa due to the position of the gage or nipple. to me, there is no difference between the g1 and the g2 performance wise

as you acquire lengths from the various bottle manufacturers, make sure you can tell if the lengths you are getting are bottle only / bottle with mini reg / bottle with standard reg...it will save you heartburn later

and here is the link to crossfire ... just had to google it dude ... let your fingers do the walkin ....

btw .... i believe the new crossy's are shorter than a ninja by a little more than a 1/4" .. B)

This post has been edited by klaatu: 04 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

#7 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

Upon further investigation I find that no one company sells a tank with all the features I want.

* The crossfire stealth system would be great but they only do 45/45 tanks (no 50ci or even 49ci)

* Guerrilla air comes close but Im not sure if I wouldnt rather the newer 50ci over the 49ci.

* Ninja and Pure Energy have the 50ci tank but their regulators are really long.

Ideally I would go Crossfire stealth reg with 50ci booby tank, but I guess I'll either try the guerrilla air 48ci peanut, or look through BST threads for a separate reg and booby tank.

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

Give Ninja a call & see if they sell a 50ci tank alone, separate from the reg like Crossfire offers w/ their tanks. Then purchase the Stealth reg separate from Crossfire, it's like $30. Voila!
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#9 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

does it ave to be a 50ci tank ? i guess i am curious as to how you have been transfixed on that particular cubic inch tank when you say that it is the physical dimension that is important to you ... from 45ci to 50ci is very minor in terms of shot count

#10 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

I just went through choosing between these.

Specific to ninja: The 45 and 48 are longer. Still mini tanks but not stubby.

The 50 is a stubby tank. I really like it. Its only like .25" wider, but much shorter.

#11 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

To Klaatu.

I have held a 50ci pure energy tank. I love the size and shape. Others may come close but I cant be certain without holding them all.
So I know if I go with 50ci I can be certain Im getting a size/shape that I like.

Iv always thought the 45ci to be a little longer.

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

45 ci will be a little longer.

Let us know on your decision. And I still stronly recommend Ninja.

I just tried a Ninja 49/45 and it was amazingly short and awesome.

#13 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

my dxs stubby and my former CP stubby 48's are about 7 1/8" long, just the bottle ... hard to measure a tank ht. ... the ninja 50 is 8 3/4", and the ninja 49 is 9 1/2" , the crossy id 8.4" long ... now is that overall or just bottle ??? you will have to email the mfg

any tank today will be "amazingly short and awesome" , and all will perform about the the same .. close enough that you wont be able to tell the difference in a firefight unless you just run out of air...

#14 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

I bought a 50/45 Ninja. I think I'll put a Myth reg on it.

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 18 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

#15 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Noooo!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic