Special Ops Paintball: Sniper Gear System - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sniper Gear System A type of rig that can carrry the sniper's gear under a ghillie su

#1 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:COD4BALLA

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

So, I have spent about 2 months looking for a certain article of gear: a tactical/MOLLE compatible harness system (chest rig or webbing) that can carry everything a sniper would need without adding excess bulk and weight to his already rather bulky/heavy ghillie suit. The main catch is that I need all this to fit under a ghillie suit I am going to build this summer. My friends and I have all decided we need at least a 2 man sniper team equipped with ghillie suits and enough gear to support themselves for most of a scenario. After countless hours spent on the web, especially in forums like this, I have not been able to find what I need. Rumor has it that SpecialOps had a sniper made vest, but I have yet to see it. I need to talk to MOATI about that or a custom vest. But I was starting this post, which I hope is not a duplicate of another, to see if there were other people out there with this problem, and if anyone has a legitimate answer. I have also contemplated a drag-bag, but most quality bags are too big, and too expensive for what I need. From reading previous posts, I wonít be surprised if I get stuff like ĎItíll be too hotí, ĎThere isnít such thing as a paintball sniperí, and ĎDonít worry about it, sniperís donít need lots of ammo.í Trust me, I have seen these everywhere and I donít need them. Negative comments that are related to this are fine, but no off topic things please. I really do need some help. Here are some specs Iím looking for: it needs to be very adjustable. I am a really skinny 6í3Ē 160 lbs football player. I donít mind the weight too much because all I have been doing for the past 12 weeks is work out and Iíll continue to do that. Als0, it needs to be fairly cool, but thatís also not a major concern. Iím from Alabama and it gets to 110 degrees with roughly 90% humidity. I'm all good on the heat and my ghillie I'm making has a custom vent system built in. The rig needs to be able to be tightened very tight and drawn up towards my upper body a lot. I also have a SpecialOps Battle Belt, but it doesnít have freaking D ring attachments so a harness for that canít happen. I need to be able to carry a map pouch, a radio pouch that will allow me to fit a throat mic into my radio, 2-4 pods, an air tank, and a 6Ēx8Ē pouch for food and such. I have a camelback backpack, and a drop leg system, but I donít know about that. Iím also contemplating sewing my own MOLLE points onto the suit for things. Anyways, I have some pics for guidance, but I need help getting the right thing:
High Speed Gear small MOLLE
scroll down and see the first 2 pics
Look for 'SOTECH" and the vest below it
eagle sniper vest
specopstech.com

If you have any loadouts or vests kinda like this or my description, please post a pic or link.
Thanks All

#2 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

anyone have any ideas, words of advice, feedback, etc.?

#3 User is offline   predsniper 

• predsniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Predsniper

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:53 AM

Well, there is the Special Ops Paintball Rogue chest pack. Though it doesn't include the nessecary pouches you would, that you would have to buy yourself.

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

Well specops has a Molle vest I use, I think it's called the forge vest. They have a combination of fronts and backs for the vest and all the necassary molle pouches and add ons. and if you need to know how to put your vest under a ghillie suit I have a thread in the sniper hq section.

#5 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

You and I think alike. I looked at every ghilie suit and kit out there and thought how do I carry my gear? Here is what I did:

I bought a pair of ultralight pants and shirt, I had an older but in good condition broadsword vest and an older v-force vantage mask.

I used camo systems ghillie material (just like specops material but cheaper by the square foot) cut into 6X6 to 8X8 inch squares. You can get big pieces of this from cabelas or bass pro shoppes.

I attached it to the pants, and shirt sleeves only (the vest covers the center of the shirt no sense in waisitng ghillie that is going to be covered) using small zip ties. Similar to the directions on the action ghillie kit.

I bought the action ghillie head cover and attached it to the mask the same way and ghillied it as well.

I used the Mesh base of the broadsword vest to attach ghillie to that as well, but as I did it I left some openings so that I could get to the pockets. On the back I got my Mother-in-law to sew 2 attachment points to each of the pod straps so that they were ghillied independentally and I could access them one at a time.

I'm at work and don't have pictures right now but will add pictures tonight. Hope this helps.

Afterthought: :panzer:
If you are not a fan of the action ghillie material and prefer Jute the zip ties can serve the same purpose for the jute as well. I find the action ghillie is lighter and more breathable.

This post has been edited by xrugger: 31 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#6 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Thanks guys, I did see some of those vests and I like how they look, but I'm just not quite sure on them anyway. And thanks especially xrugger. I have thought about that, but I am pretty set on going under ghillie because I already have some drawings of desert digital night camo pattern parka (1st gulf war) and I have a vent system planned out. But, maybe you can change my mind. Please post pics when you can. I am goin with burlap/jute. I have used that before and just prefer it, even though its heavier and hotter. I guess I just like to keep it traditional, even if it does cost me. LOL :panzer:
Thanks All,
Please keep up the suggestions
night camo

#7 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Ok here are some pics: (if you click on the pics they will expand)
First the pants. You can see how my knee pad slips under the ghillie

Attached File  ghillie_pants_small.JPG (103.85K)
Number of downloads: 35

Next the Shirt. It is kind of hard to see due to the mossy oak pattern on the shirt but only the sleeves are ghillied. (Don't wear the shirt alone. You will look like Jim Carey singing "Cuban Pete" in the Mask)

Attached File  ghillie_shirt.JPG (105.31K)
Number of downloads: 30

Now the Vest. In the front picture I used the pods so that you can see that you can still access the pockets under the ghillie.

Attached File  vest_front.JPG (92.44K)
Number of downloads: 30

On the back you can see that each pod strap is individually ghillied

Attached File  vest_back.JPG (108.91K)
Number of downloads: 31

Finally the mask. Just an old v-force vantage

Attached File  ghilliemask.JPG (99.43K)
Number of downloads: 22

Now put it all together and you get this: I do have gloves too I just didn't put them on.
(I know I hate the Mirror self portrait too but if I woke up my wife to take my picture in my ghillie suite.............well lets just say thay any married guy out there knows better than that)

Attached File  full_ghillie.JPG (73.34K)
Number of downloads: 24

I hope this elaborates on my last post.

This post has been edited by xrugger: 01 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#8 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Thanks xrugger. That's what phobeus was talking about. I do kind of like that idea, so I'll see how it goes. And, I am no ghillieng the front but reinforcing it ith canvas and painting it instaed so i woukdnt really have to put ghillie on the chest pack. You guys are helpin alot. And just FYI this is my first post but I have been playin and a member for awhile.

Oh, BTW I agree with the camera-mirror picture. Haha can't have the woman angry.
If anyone else out there has more info or an opinion, please feel free to add.

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

Nice job on the research. I always like when guys post here after doing a google search rather than before :D.

View Postcod4balla, on Mar 30 2010, 07:46 PM, said:

Rumor has it that SpecialOps had a sniper made vest, but I have yet to see it. I need to talk to MOATI about that or a custom vest.
I also have a SpecialOps Battle Belt, but it doesnít have freaking D ring attachments so a harness for that canít happen.

On the first quoted sniper vest comment: true. It was alot like the recon vest, all green mesh base w/ zip up front & mesh pockets. They also sold a number of pod/accessory pouches made of mesh that you could zip-tie to the vest & then attach all your ghillie to. MO could do something like that for you again on a custom basis.

If you don't know about cheaperthandirt.com, they have a lot of great stuff & most of it really is cheaper than dirt. This item from them might be worth checking out for use as a base. You could zip-tie your ghillie to the webbing. Although... the Recon from SO is being discontinued so it's on sale right now. It comes w/ a number of pockets for the same price as the ctd one, but obviously isn't as customizable. Of course, if you are handy w/ a needle & thread you could remove/relocate whatever you wanted on it.

As for D-rings on the SO belt - try some T-ring adapters: LINK. Just mount them aiming up. I don't know how much weight they would hold because all the weight is transferred on the pals webbing rather than the d-rings being sewed to the body of the belt. But it may be worth considering.

Good luck w/ the build, keep us updated.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#10 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Thanks ger. I wanted to make sure I spend my money wisely so I'm doing alot of research. And, I actually own a Recon V or VI I think. But, I think I am going to sell it because it's getting worn out and torn and i have an Operative vest by Blackcell. But I am trying to have two vests at a time so I can change out between sniper and squad leader quickly. That is why I will probably sell my Recon on Ebay cheap and get a smaller, lighter rig. So, I do like that D ring attacher and that vest. So I will look into those for sure.

I appreciate all help from everyone who has contributed to this post. Thanks everyone

#11 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

That is prety sick. I would totaly change to a sniper if a company came out with this setup.
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users