• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Droid/Android Thread Google FTW Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

Awesome. I was trying to decided between the Droid 2 and the X and my main concern with the X was the size...

I might see if they will let me get one out and see how big it is off the little mount at the store and see how I like it then..

Another question:
Is there any way to get your iTunes on a Droid?

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 21 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#32 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

I have to agree w legato (happy birhday) and say the phone is simply astounding. The sheer amount of inuitive and thoughtful features blows me away. As leg said it can be tricky to place.the cursor but just tap and hold and it will zoom and you can drag it to wherever so no worries. The only other complaint is that in you contacts list when you scroll left it shows all messages you receivedfrom them, also social networking ones, even after you delete the msgs from your phone. A privacy issue that moto/vzw is aware of and apprently fixing. Over than that, the size i was worried about but it actually makes he phone, im so glad i joinedd the droidnation!
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#33 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

I don't thing AppBrain works in Canada.... Installed it on the wife's phone, LG Eve, and tried to install ringdroid. Keeps telling me it can't be found.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#34 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

Then you can just use the normal market. Ringdroid is a heavenly thing. So handy making custom ring tones, alerts and alarms
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#35 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

HA! It's not available on the market anymore. You have to get it from http://code.google.com/p/ringdroid/ and download from there....
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#36 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

That works. Or i can just extract the APK and mail it to you too. Either way. :D

Loving the AniPet live wallpaper. Fishy...i has sharks that feed, well all the fish feed...but it's cool. XD

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#37 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

So, I am officially a Droid X owner.....I just have to wait for it to get shipped to me. They are out of stock nationwide and I have to wait until the 7th to get it. BUT, it is paid for and on it's way!

I CANNOT wait.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

Enjoy! Im on mine right now...from the hospital. Random partial lung deflation...woo.
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#39 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

So why the droids? Are there any advantages over the iPod phone?

#40 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hell yeah!

The only thing the new iPhone has going for it is multi touch and video call.

Droid based phones are not limited in their memory the way iPhone is. 32gb iphone gets full, you have to delete stuff. Droid phone gets full, just buy another micro sd card. need to read a PDF on your phone? Droid is Adobe friendly, that mean sites using Flash will work. Droid phones tend to be a lot less expensive too.

I'm definitely getting the Xperia X10. With a3 year contract it's $99.00, 16Gb Iphone is $159.00 on a 3 year. Droid also doesn't force you to upgrade. And as far as I know most droid phone makers don't charge you for support while you're still in warranty.

For the price of the iPhone you'd think it would have a much better camera in it too. It's only got a 5MP. The X10 has 8.1

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPod. But ever since I was forced into the OS4 upgrade I can't jailbreak it. I can't customize it to be mine. The Droid stuff doesn't need to be rooted to haev the same abilities as a broken ipod/phone.
Posted Image

#41 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Has anyone heard then Android 2.2 a.k.a Froyo will be released for the Droid X? Any definite date?
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

No official date has been set. Moto has just said "end of summer", which we are all taking as mid to end of september. You can flash a custom rom on it now if you want and put froyo on on your own, it just won't be official, and takes some work. If you feel up to it there are many walk thrus to do it. I will just wait for the official. I hacked the crap out of my Blackberry, i am trying to not do that to this phone, rooting is fine, i don't want to bother flashing custom roms myself

#43 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I think I'll just wait for the official one. I don't want to take a chance on bricking my brand new phone just yet...
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 30 August 2010 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hell yeah!

The only thing the new iPhone has going for it is multi touch and video call.

Droids can multi-touch. I use it to zoom in on the browser and pictures all the time. Not sure about video call.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#45 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

But not EVERY droid based phone has multi-touch, and I haven't seen any here in Canada. Like I said though, it's a minor advantage.

iPhone only does vid calls on WiFi.

They are cool features but I can't justify the $60.00 difference on two minor things. The memory is the biggest factor. Yeah I could go with a 32gbiPhone, but it's still much more limited than a droid especially at $269.00 on a 3 year plan. It's almost 3 times the price... that's just nuts.

Hopefully as new droid releases come out more phones will have multi touch enabled.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users