• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Droid/Android Thread Google FTW Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

I love my Samsung Moment, which used the Android base. If I were you guys, I would check out the game called "Ball" It is the greatest game I have ever played.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#17 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

The wife recently got an LG Eve with Android on it. We're looking for some apps she can have fun with.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#18 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

Fun Apps i have on my phone:

Air Control Game: Basically, an air traffic control game. Gets really fun and hard.

Bump: You set it up, and when it's on you just fist bump and can share things between bluetooth devices.

WorldTour: Lets you set your wallpaper to a webcam from around the world. can update the pic every few minutes based on your preference.

Shazam: Music identifier thingy. Listens to a song and can usually match it. Great for remembering songs.

Helix launcher: Customizable home screen. Gives you shortcut buttons, and up to 7 screens

Useful stuff I have is AndroZip, Astro File manager, SkyFire Browser, and Adobe Reader

Also have a bunch of random Apps that are more "lookie what my phone can do!" type things.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#19 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:18 PM

My wife's Droid Incredible should be here tomorrow, and i have a Motorola Droid X reserved for me at Best Buy. I had originally ordered an Incredible but was told i'd have over a month wait to get it. Wife's just shipped yesterday, 2 weeks later then it was supposed to. Mine would have shipped, with no other delays, on the 15 of July, same day the Droid X comes out. Yeah, cancel my Incredible, i'll just get an X. Even got first reserve at my local BB so i am guarenteed one. XD
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#20 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Found out today that I can get a real phone plan. My credit was crap for so long I never thought to check into it again.

I'm thinking about getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. Thoughts?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#21 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 18 August 2010 - 07:27 PM, said:

Found out today that I can get a real phone plan. My credit was crap for so long I never thought to check into it again.

never looked at it, but you can read up about it on the droid forums HERE!! CLICK ME. Always good to read up and see common problems everyone is having so you know what you are walking into

I found out after backing up my apps yesterday i have over 86 apps on my phone. Damn, LOL.

Good apps list i made yesterday from ones on my phone

Best one i can recomend is Appbrain App Market. Go to Appbrain.com and register your google account there, then download the app from teh market. When you hit sync on your phone, all your apps sync online. Now you can browse their marketplace online (has apps that are in the stock market place and arent) and add them to a que on your PC, easier then surfin with phone. Then go to phone, open app, hit sync and any free apps automatically download, pay for one take you right to the app so you can just agree to pay and download. It's great. SO much easier surfing market froma PC

Need to have
- Blackmoon Attachsaver - free and $2 version - from blackmoon info tech svcs - lets you download things form gmail. Like direct. Someone sends you a file with an attachment, download it right to your phone's SD card. No need for a PC anymore. :D

-Handcent SMS - free - by handcent Admin - SMS app that allows you to customize messages, change individual alerts for people, custom LED alerts for people, and custom alert icons for people. Very handy. Customize anything about SMS basically, tons of free fonts too. Only downside is you must remember to go into your Messaging app and disable alerts from it, or you get double alerts for every SMS, one from Handcent, and one from stock app

- Battery Left - free - Widget that gives you current battery info, usage, history and tons of other options. GREAT app.

-Astro File Manager - free and pay version - file manager software so you can browse SD card contents and install files from SD card

-ebuddy messenger - free - ebuddy - free multi IM client. Highly recomended. Only one i found that didn't disconnect multiple times a day, stays up all the time. XD

Live Backgrounds
- Digital Rain - by Xynaptic- free- Can have matrix like background of scrolling numbers or symbols in different colors, or different symbols and numbers.

-VR TUnnel - free - by maxbyte studios - backgroudn is a scrolling tunnel. Can change colors, box colors, travel direction and such..is pretty battery intesnive but cool to see

-Particle Storm - free - by EYMW Soft - just a cool particle effect background. Memory intensive but cool nonetheless

-Nexus revamped Pro - free and pay - Stealthcopter.com - Cool Nexus one live wallpaper. Lines flowing across screen on a grid. I like it. Pay lets you change colors and such

-Aquarium - free and $1 pay version - kittehface software- simulated fishtank background. Pay lets you choose types of fish and a few more options

-Anipet aquarium - free and $2 pay version, same as above but this has more fish and options and is supposed to look more real.

Tech apps
-Launcher Pro - free and $3 pay version - Federico Carnales - gives you 5 icons instead of 3 at the bottom of your home screena nd can customize all sorts of other stuff. Great app i swear by

-Wifi analyzer by Farproc - free - turn on wifi and see all available networks in area, signal strength, channel they are broadcasting on and such. If you are connected to netwrok can gets tons of info on the network. Fun and nice to have when setting up wifi connection, so you can have it broadcast on a channel with low intereference

-KeePassDroid - by Brian Pellin - not sure on cost - password managing app. So you don't have to remember 100's of passwords and login names and such

-My Backup Pro - $5 by Rerware - backup data on phone to SD card or online server. I just back up to SD

-Tapatalk Forum App - free and pay version - Tapatalk Development - forum browsing app. Much quicker to load stuff then browser. Only downside is not every forum works with it.

-JetVD - Youtubeaid - free - by Jet audio - youtube downloader app

- Quadrant Standard - free - by Aurora software - benchmark tester for your phone. See how it's scores compare against other devices on the market. Mainly for bragging rights for people who overclock their phones, but nice to see where you stand in general.

- RealCalc Scientific Calculator - fre - Brain Overspill - scientific calc for droid. Nuff said

-Ringdroid - free - make ringtones and alerts off mp3s.

-history Eraser - free - dumapic - erases history in various things, market, google apps, youtube, tons of uses. Great to have

Just nice to have
-ICE:In Case Of Emergency - $2 - appventive - ICE app. Puts widget on home screen (and lock screen if you want) with all pertinent ICE info, from emergency contact, to meds you take, to insurance info. Great to have just in case

-Weather & Toggle Widget - $2 - by android apps- if you like the HTC flip clock this is it for any other phone, also has tons of free skins to make clock look different or weather icons, or any of your toggle switches for wifi, bt, gps and such

-Birthday Info Widget - free - Eric Hambuch - Never forget birthdays again with this widget. Add to home screen and it scans your phonebook and lists the next 4 birthdays coming up. Don't get caught off guard again, and works with anniversaires too. :D

-White Noise - $2 - by TMSOFT - plays 40 types of white noise so you can sleep better. Timer to shut off after x many minutes, built in alarm too. LOVE this app and swear by it, so has helped my sleeping.

-Noodles - $2 - Makeramen - to do list. Simple and easy

- Google Translate - free - google inc. Can translate verbally spoken or typed phrases into numerous languages, or from numerous languages into english or whatever you want. I like.

-barcode scanner - scan UPC codes to find info on stuff or scan QR Codes on things to get hotlinked to apps, webpages, and such

Games
- Mosquito Freak - by DaniCO - free- makes tons of those mosquito buzz noises that drive teens insane, yet i can barely hear at all. XD Just for you honey, just for you. D:

- Wiimote Controller - free - by CCP
Cre@tions- Lets you use your wiimote as a blue tooth controller so you can play Emulators with it. XD

- LULZ Soundboard - free - by rocket bird - tons off internet/4chan Memes. Hilarity.

-SNESoid and NESoid - free and $5 pay version (pay lets you save game states). Nintendo and super nintendo emulators. lets you play roms on it. Works great. Add the wiimote thing i listed earlier and you are in business.

-Cheezburger Funny - free - seven spider - bunch of pics from various LOL sites, from cat to epic fails

-the schwartz unsheathed - free - scheff's blend - lightsaber app.

-Paper toss - free - toss paper into a barrel against the wind. Fun easy to kill time

- Minesweeper for Android - fre - panu vuorienen - minesweeper like for pc, on android

-FML official app - free - william paumier - FML all day long. XD

-Zombie,Run! - free - peter dolan - use your GPS and google maps to evade zombies. Start point is where you are, set end point on Google maps and try to get there without being infected. Zombies appear on phone and you must evade them and get to goal. Can choose amount of infection (small outbreak, total infestationa nd such), speed of zombies (slow, medium or fast), and other stuff. Great game. Has multiplayer so if you play with other peoiple with droids you can team up. :D

-Coloroid - free - tapjoy - simple fun game, fill in all the squares to make them one color starting from top left...simple yet so hard to win

Root only apps
- Titanium Backup - free and pay - joel bourquard - lets you save/back up apps you download, lets you remove stock apps that came with phone, tons of great uses

- Root Explorer - $5 - speed software - lets you explore your root directory,a nd access /system/apps folder to extract app APK files.

-cachemate for root - i forget price - android app critic - clearing your cache in one click. :D

-autostarts - $3 - control what starts up when you start certain apps/phone/or anything. Cool, tons of options

-adfree android - free - bigtincan - blocks ads from showing up in most apps. XD

-wireless tether for root users - muller, lemons, buxton - free - free wifi tether

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#22 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:52 AM

Wow Legato! This helps me immensely, my droid x is supposed to arrive today after Vzw mistakenly ported my number over on Tues morning...leaving me with no phone =(. But since it's the x I'm still super excited especially with Froyo coming in Sept (hopefully).
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#23 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

I LOVE my X. Amazing phone. So much you can do. Blows my old BB out of the water on almost every level. :D Just play around with it for a day and get used to is. Takes some time to get used to the OS. I surf Droid forums at night after PB forums so i always see the new apps coming out....

Do want the new biolock app soon to be released. Lock phone so it will only open with a facial scan match or iris scan match. Would be AWESOME. But my wife would kill me and think i am trying to hide a secret life for her...so i can never get it. :(

edit: Google pulled the Mario Live Wallpaper and Metal Slug Zombie Live wallpaper from the marketplace last week. I have the APK files for them still on my phone, since im rooted i could take em out of my /system/apps folder. So if anyone wants em, email me at jciampi at gmail dot com and i will forward you the files. MEtal slug is jsut fun blowing up zombies and Mario live is EPIC, just eats battery like i can an all you can eat chinese buffet after a day of paintball

This post has been edited by Legato: 19 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

#24 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for some of those apps lego, just downloaded a few. Oh and AppBrain is pretty cool too.

#25 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

View PostLegato, on 19 August 2010 - 02:11 AM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on 18 August 2010 - 07:27 PM, said:

never looked at it, but you can read up about it on the droid forums HERE!! CLICK ME. Always good to read up and see common problems everyone is having so you know what you are walking into

I found out after backing up my apps yesterday i have over 86 apps on my phone. Damn, LOL.

Good apps list i made yesterday from ones on my phone

Best one i can recomend is Appbrain App Market. Go to Appbrain.com and register your google account there, then download the app from teh market. When you hit sync on your phone, all your apps sync online. Now you can browse their marketplace online (has apps that are in the stock market place and arent) and add them to a que on your PC, easier then surfin with phone. Then go to phone, open app, hit sync and any free apps automatically download, pay for one take you right to the app so you can just agree to pay and download. It's great. SO much easier surfing market froma PC

Need to have
- Blackmoon Attachsaver - free and $2 version - from blackmoon info tech svcs - lets you download things form gmail. Like direct. Someone sends you a file with an attachment, download it right to your phone's SD card. No need for a PC anymore. :D

-Handcent SMS - free - by handcent Admin - SMS app that allows you to customize messages, change individual alerts for people, custom LED alerts for people, and custom alert icons for people. Very handy. Customize anything about SMS basically, tons of free fonts too. Only downside is you must remember to go into your Messaging app and disable alerts from it, or you get double alerts for every SMS, one from Handcent, and one from stock app

- Battery Left - free - Widget that gives you current battery info, usage, history and tons of other options. GREAT app.

-Astro File Manager - free and pay version - file manager software so you can browse SD card contents and install files from SD card

-ebuddy messenger - free - ebuddy - free multi IM client. Highly recomended. Only one i found that didn't disconnect multiple times a day, stays up all the time. XD

Live Backgrounds
- Digital Rain - by Xynaptic- free- Can have matrix like background of scrolling numbers or symbols in different colors, or different symbols and numbers.

-VR TUnnel - free - by maxbyte studios - backgroudn is a scrolling tunnel. Can change colors, box colors, travel direction and such..is pretty battery intesnive but cool to see

-Particle Storm - free - by EYMW Soft - just a cool particle effect background. Memory intensive but cool nonetheless

-Nexus revamped Pro - free and pay - Stealthcopter.com - Cool Nexus one live wallpaper. Lines flowing across screen on a grid. I like it. Pay lets you change colors and such

-Aquarium - free and $1 pay version - kittehface software- simulated fishtank background. Pay lets you choose types of fish and a few more options

-Anipet aquarium - free and $2 pay version, same as above but this has more fish and options and is supposed to look more real.

Tech apps
-Launcher Pro - free and $3 pay version - Federico Carnales - gives you 5 icons instead of 3 at the bottom of your home screena nd can customize all sorts of other stuff. Great app i swear by

-Wifi analyzer by Farproc - free - turn on wifi and see all available networks in area, signal strength, channel they are broadcasting on and such. If you are connected to netwrok can gets tons of info on the network. Fun and nice to have when setting up wifi connection, so you can have it broadcast on a channel with low intereference

-KeePassDroid - by Brian Pellin - not sure on cost - password managing app. So you don't have to remember 100's of passwords and login names and such

-My Backup Pro - $5 by Rerware - backup data on phone to SD card or online server. I just back up to SD

-Tapatalk Forum App - free and pay version - Tapatalk Development - forum browsing app. Much quicker to load stuff then browser. Only downside is not every forum works with it.

-JetVD - Youtubeaid - free - by Jet audio - youtube downloader app

- Quadrant Standard - free - by Aurora software - benchmark tester for your phone. See how it's scores compare against other devices on the market. Mainly for bragging rights for people who overclock their phones, but nice to see where you stand in general.

- RealCalc Scientific Calculator - fre - Brain Overspill - scientific calc for droid. Nuff said

-Ringdroid - free - make ringtones and alerts off mp3s.

-history Eraser - free - dumapic - erases history in various things, market, google apps, youtube, tons of uses. Great to have

Just nice to have
-ICE:In Case Of Emergency - $2 - appventive - ICE app. Puts widget on home screen (and lock screen if you want) with all pertinent ICE info, from emergency contact, to meds you take, to insurance info. Great to have just in case

-Weather & Toggle Widget - $2 - by android apps- if you like the HTC flip clock this is it for any other phone, also has tons of free skins to make clock look different or weather icons, or any of your toggle switches for wifi, bt, gps and such

-Birthday Info Widget - free - Eric Hambuch - Never forget birthdays again with this widget. Add to home screen and it scans your phonebook and lists the next 4 birthdays coming up. Don't get caught off guard again, and works with anniversaires too. :D

-White Noise - $2 - by TMSOFT - plays 40 types of white noise so you can sleep better. Timer to shut off after x many minutes, built in alarm too. LOVE this app and swear by it, so has helped my sleeping.

-Noodles - $2 - Makeramen - to do list. Simple and easy

- Google Translate - free - google inc. Can translate verbally spoken or typed phrases into numerous languages, or from numerous languages into english or whatever you want. I like.

-barcode scanner - scan UPC codes to find info on stuff or scan QR Codes on things to get hotlinked to apps, webpages, and such

Games
- Mosquito Freak - by DaniCO - free- makes tons of those mosquito buzz noises that drive teens insane, yet i can barely hear at all. XD Just for you honey, just for you. D:

- Wiimote Controller - free - by CCP
Cre@tions- Lets you use your wiimote as a blue tooth controller so you can play Emulators with it. XD

- LULZ Soundboard - free - by rocket bird - tons off internet/4chan Memes. Hilarity.

-SNESoid and NESoid - free and $5 pay version (pay lets you save game states). Nintendo and super nintendo emulators. lets you play roms on it. Works great. Add the wiimote thing i listed earlier and you are in business.

-Cheezburger Funny - free - seven spider - bunch of pics from various LOL sites, from cat to epic fails

-the schwartz unsheathed - free - scheff's blend - lightsaber app.

-Paper toss - free - toss paper into a barrel against the wind. Fun easy to kill time

- Minesweeper for Android - fre - panu vuorienen - minesweeper like for pc, on android

-FML official app - free - william paumier - FML all day long. XD

-Zombie,Run! - free - peter dolan - use your GPS and google maps to evade zombies. Start point is where you are, set end point on Google maps and try to get there without being infected. Zombies appear on phone and you must evade them and get to goal. Can choose amount of infection (small outbreak, total infestationa nd such), speed of zombies (slow, medium or fast), and other stuff. Great game. Has multiplayer so if you play with other peoiple with droids you can team up. :D

-Coloroid - free - tapjoy - simple fun game, fill in all the squares to make them one color starting from top left...simple yet so hard to win

Root only apps
- Titanium Backup - free and pay - joel bourquard - lets you save/back up apps you download, lets you remove stock apps that came with phone, tons of great uses

- Root Explorer - $5 - speed software - lets you explore your root directory,a nd access /system/apps folder to extract app APK files.

-cachemate for root - i forget price - android app critic - clearing your cache in one click. :D

-autostarts - $3 - control what starts up when you start certain apps/phone/or anything. Cool, tons of options

-adfree android - free - bigtincan - blocks ads from showing up in most apps. XD

-wireless tether for root users - muller, lemons, buxton - free - free wifi tether

The Canadian cell phone market SUCKS!!! 3 major carriers, not many phone options. Especially if you eliminate the Blackberrys. I'm definitely getting the X10.

As for those apps Legato, of the ones with free and paid options, which do you have and what are the differences between the too? For example the Blackmoon Attachsaver?
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

Most things when you pay for it, they remove the ads, which are just annoying cause you can see them at all times, but they don't pop up like on a web browser. Just take up part of the screen. Other things like Live Wallpapers, they might allow more customize-ability. So you get more colors, or options for fonts and random other things, more shapes, more patterns, stuff like that. The Aquarium ones when you pay you can select the specific fish you want and specific backgrounds and such. Free you just get whatever they give you.

Blackmoon doesn't say in the app description. Most will tell you what you gain by donating towards the app, usually they list it at the end of the description. Some things, i guess like this app, you are just helping out the developer and giving them thanks. :D

edit: if it has a pay option i generally do that. I like to support the developers of good apps so they make more apps and keep updating the current ones. I generally try the free version first, and if it is good, donate/pay for the upgrade. These guys put a lot of work into some of these apps, they deserve the few bucks for their effort.

This post has been edited by Legato: 21 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

#27 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

After some more time with the X, how do you feel about the size of the X Legato?
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#28 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Love it, my only gripe is the battery life. I am a power user. The average user can get a day off of the battery. I use the phone ALL the time, so the screen is always on. Powering that screen eats battery like no tomorrow, so i end up charging 2-3 times a day. Do i mind, yes and no. It is annoying, but at the same time i LOVE the size of the screen and think it is worth the annoyance. I am getting the Seidio 3500 MAH battery when it is released, 2.5 times the normal battery size. That will last me all day. Until then i just bought a spare motorola extended. Should get it soon.

I LOVE the size of the screen. Think it is amazing. Have really no gripes about the phone other then battery life. And i keepfinding more and more cool apps. :D SOmetimes i wish i had an optical pad like on the Incredible, just when trying to put the cursor on one specific letter and i cant. But i get over it. Swype on this screen is perfect. XD

Just found an app last night called Call Confirm from 7bit, it's free and protects you from pocket dialing. It asks a confirmation as to whether or not you want to call someone when you hit the send button. no more pocket dials. Found a Hypnotoad app too. XD ALL Glory to the HypnoToad

#29 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

So you don't have any problems with it being too big in your pocket or anything like that?

And the Call Confirm App sounds sweeet!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#30 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

Nope, no issues. I am getting the Seidio holster once i get the battery and it's case. I prefer Holsters, but haven't gotten one for this phone yet since i am waiting on the release of the battery. But no it's not too big. just make sure to lock the phone before putting it in your pocket or you can pocket dial and do random things. LOL

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users