Special Ops Paintball: Why can't we use our own paint???? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why can't we use our own paint???? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   TeleFragger 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 01-September 09

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

i just found a field by me...

allows you to bring your own paint.. or he gives a better option...

1. $25 entrance fee if you have your own gear and paint
2. $55 entrance fee/gear/1 case of paint

so for $30 moer you are getting a case of $60 paint.... he has cheaper paint but this is the paint he gives with the package....
__________________________________
98C==>Rap4 Stock (6 position)==> RT==> End Game Compression Barrel==> Cyclone Feed==>Tac Cap and x7 Low Prifile Hopper==> 45/88/88-4500 tanks ==> dye i3 mask==> remote line
Side Arm==>Tiberius Tac 8.1 with 4 first strike mags and 6 regular mags
Specops Custom Vest - pistol holster w. extra clip/tons of pod holders/extra mags holder (pics when it gets here!!!!)
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB
0

#32 User is offline   Blind Snyper 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greenville, SC

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

When strapped for cash, pump it! A bag of 500 rounds and a pump can go for a couple of rec days and also save on air.
0

#33 Guest_Lt.Vortex_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Play hopper ball. One hopper per person per game.
0

#34 User is offline   TeleFragger 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 01-September 09

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

View PostLt.Vortex, on Apr 16 2010, 11:59 AM, said:

Play hopper ball. One hopper per person per game.



not fare if someone uses a 50rnd tac cap or even if they made it into a 40rnd or 30rnd... HHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAA


i agree.. if you want to do it cheap® or learn skillz... dont paint ropes....

i have only played 1 day of paintball so im no way an expert.. but my bro in law used 5x the ammount of paint that i did...
i want to get good.. not paint the field and hope to get people....

i know there are people on here that paint ropes so please im not trying to offend you... just saying if you dont wanna spend the money on tons of paint.. dont spray!!!! :laugh:
__________________________________
98C==>Rap4 Stock (6 position)==> RT==> End Game Compression Barrel==> Cyclone Feed==>Tac Cap and x7 Low Prifile Hopper==> 45/88/88-4500 tanks ==> dye i3 mask==> remote line
Side Arm==>Tiberius Tac 8.1 with 4 first strike mags and 6 regular mags
Specops Custom Vest - pistol holster w. extra clip/tons of pod holders/extra mags holder (pics when it gets here!!!!)
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB
0

#35 Guest_Lt.Vortex_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

I only play hopper ball and I have an A5.
0

#36 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

i only play Stock Class. I haven't used a hopper in years. All i use now are horizontal feedtubes that hold between 9 and 13 balls. Love it. A bag of 500 rounds lasts me 4-5 days of play. I can usually play a day shooting under 100 rounds. If i hose it for the day i am shooting 120 rounds...taht is an awful high amount to me...means i really just sprayed and didn't hit much. I do best when i fire few rounds. Seriously, if i fire like 6 shots all game i get mad eliminations, if i fire over 20 pbs, i am getting no one out.

Saving a ton of money pumping, just costin me more on the marker side cause the markers i like are so expensive....if when i started you'd tell me i'd spend almost $1,200 on a pump marker i'd have told you you are on something serious, now i'd just nod, smile, and say Yep. :P

Pump play definitely saves money. It was one of the main reasons i went over to it. The other being i wanted to learn control more and not rely on my RT or egrip like i was with the A5. Just buy a nice cheap pump and have fun. You will save loads of money. I finally got a pump that can take a hopper, just not sure if i will ever use the hopper...so much paint, i can fit like a day and a half's paint in one, what's the point.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

#37 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

View Postthe eggman, on Apr 14 2010, 03:28 PM, said:

have you noticed that BYOP only fields are always busted up and have nasty paint build up all over the bunkers and super high grass? thats why...

one of my favorite fields is BYOP, and they actually have a really really really nice set up for being a byop place.

price comparison with the 2 fpo fields near me and the 1 byop field near me.
not including other expenses.
FPO:
Operation Paintball - $20 entry,air /// $90 a case for RPS total - $110 - on a side note, this field is a dump and is not worth the $110 for me to have fun.
Cpx Sports - $18 entry, air // $90 a case for Marbalizer - $108 - this place beats the HELL out of any field around here, and reviews i have read on pbreview.com put this park as one of the BEST in the country.

BYOP:
Fox paintball - $30 admission / IF you buy an admission/case paint deal its $80 total.

out thoughts 3 fields around me that i have played at...

i rank CPX as #1 - fair price, and wicked awesome facility, they even have REAL bathrooms.. not porter potties
Fox #2 - pocket friendly, and awesome woodsball fields for rec play
OP- #3 ... when i went there a last weekend to see if they were even still open, me and my friend are humming the dueling bajos tune as were getting out of the car... and there was 5 cars there... 2 were park district vans...
-------------------------

all in all, it does not matter if the field is BYOP or FPO, you will have your GREAT facilities that are FPO, and your dump hick fields thats are FPO. same thing with BYOP fields..

if you ever plan on going to a field that is new to you, visit pbreview.com its a good source to get insight from players as to how the field works, and generally all FPO fields get stabbed in the Con area for being FPO. so its always worth a look to check it out and do some homework on the field before you play.. but dont let a 1 or 2 bad reviews stop you from going their, most the time is just some idiot that was at the field that got kicked out for being a dumbass, or just an overall box of rocks.

if you see a few LAWSUIT waiting to happens... dont waste your time or money..

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 17 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#38 User is offline   Mehphisto 

  • JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 454
  • Joined: 24-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

View PostTeleFragger, on Apr 16 2010, 11:14 AM, said:

View PostLt.Vortex, on Apr 16 2010, 11:59 AM, said:

Play hopper ball. One hopper per person per game.



not fare if someone uses a 50rnd tac cap or even if they made it into a 40rnd or 30rnd... HHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAA


i agree.. if you want to do it cheap« or learn skillz... dont paint ropes....

i have only played 1 day of paintball so im no way an expert.. but my bro in law used 5x the ammount of paint that i did...
i want to get good.. not paint the field and hope to get people....

i know there are people on here that paint ropes so please im not trying to offend you... just saying if you dont wanna spend the money on tons of paint.. dont spray!!!! :(

Just because you use a lot of paint doesn't mean you are horrible at paintball. It's all about how you play. There are so many basic skills that go into paintball that build a good player, but the amount of paint they use isn't one of them.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team
0

#39 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

View PostMehphisto, on Apr 19 2010, 09:58 AM, said:

View PostTeleFragger, on Apr 16 2010, 11:14 AM, said:

View PostLt.Vortex, on Apr 16 2010, 11:59 AM, said:

Play hopper ball. One hopper per person per game.



not fare if someone uses a 50rnd tac cap or even if they made it into a 40rnd or 30rnd... HHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAA


i agree.. if you want to do it cheap« or learn skillz... dont paint ropes....

i have only played 1 day of paintball so im no way an expert.. but my bro in law used 5x the ammount of paint that i did...
i want to get good.. not paint the field and hope to get people....

i know there are people on here that paint ropes so please im not trying to offend you... just saying if you dont wanna spend the money on tons of paint.. dont spray!!!! :(

Just because you use a lot of paint doesn't mean you are horrible at paintball. It's all about how you play. There are so many basic skills that go into paintball that build a good player, but the amount of paint they use isn't one of them.

agreed..

when i had my dagger i carried 7 pods (4+3) and i generally used 4-5 pods sometimes more in games cause i was always hammering down to give other team mates cover fire (and usually im covering for pump players moving up, at least thats the trend i have been noticing, but is not always the case)

typical walk on play il go through 1,600 rounds in an entire day. me and my friends take turns on blasting away so one person is not out of paint by the 3rd or 4th game.

i personally would rather use up all my paint then have to store it for a few months at a time and have weak brittle paint..

last time i went was in October, shot diablo heat.. i still have a few pods left over and ive had paint break in the bag.. so i moved the paint back into pods and just had to clean some paintballs and a pod cause one broke.. i think im just gonna burn out on them and call it a day..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#40 User is offline   aslanprime 

  • Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 470
  • Joined: 10-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorba Linda, California
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

View PostThumper113, on Apr 17 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

FPO:
Operation Paintball - $20 entry,air /// $90 a case for RPS total - $110 - on a side note, this field is a dump and is not worth the $110 for me to have fun.
Cpx Sports - $18 entry, air // $90 a case for Marbalizer - $108 - this place beats the HELL out of any field around here, and reviews i have read on pbreview.com put this park as one of the BEST in the country.

BYOP:
Fox paintball - $30 admission / IF you buy an admission/case paint deal its $80 total.

out thoughts 3 fields around me that i have played at...

i rank CPX as #1 - fair price, and wicked awesome facility, they even have REAL bathrooms.. not porter potties
Fox #2 - pocket friendly, and awesome woodsball fields for rec play
OP- #3 ... when i went there a last weekend to see if they were even still open, me and my friend are humming the dueling bajos tune as were getting out of the car... and there was 5 cars there... 2 were park district vans...
-------------------------


The field I play at is FPO. $20 entry/air, $50/case of Draxxus inferno. So you add in about $20-$40 for gas and food...it becomes $90-$110 for a quality day of paintball.
I can play at a field on the Brigade for $0-$10 entry, spend about $70 on paint and air fills ahead of time, $20-$40 in gas and food...it comes out to $90-$100 for a day of paintball.

So for me, I can play at a quality field for about the same price as a private BYOP field. The main reason I prefer BYOP is it gives me the choice to use whatever paint I want. And the main reason I prefer fields are: safety, there's always players there to play, and I go through a lot of air.

Unfortunately, it's fields like CPX (and they aren't the only ones by any means) that give FPO fields a bad name because they charge such an outrageous amount of money for paint. $90? There's no paint worth that at the rec play level. And you can tell when paint starts to be "out of control" when players start saying, "just play pump". Whenever you are forced to modify your game just to afford to play, then the paint is too expensive.




View PostBlind Snyper, on Apr 16 2010, 11:46 AM, said:

When strapped for cash, pump it! A bag of 500 rounds and a pump can go for a couple of rec days and also save on air.


Or you can just take a camera and you'll go through 0 rounds and get some awesome pictures!

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 24 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE
0

#41 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

View Post1-I, on Feb 28 2010, 08:48 PM, said:

I think it was ION EVERY YEAR had some punks using the mace filled ones and MMG a few years before that tossin some glass marbles at us. So not cool.

Fixed it for you. Thus why I don't go anymore. A teammate of mine had someone shoot THROUGH his pod. They were shooting marbles, it went in his pod, broke it (and a bunch of paint), then cracked the next pod. If that had been a lens, he'd been SOL.

I've played at both FPO and BYOP fields and scenarios.
The FPO ones, I never paid more than $65 a case (though we were usually buying 10+ cases for the team). The paint was always pretty fresh, so I can't complain.
The nice part about the BYOP places is that I can buy it from my local store (where I can give them an order for a team and they'll get it in fresh the day before I leave). I also get it for pretty cheap (at cost plus like, $10, depending what I order). That saves me a lot of cash, and lets me and my team shoot more paint.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#42 User is offline   chasbronson 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 137
  • Joined: 10-May 10
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

Three reasons for fpo:bracket pricing in your field being able to buy good ,fresh,paint cheaper,hopefully passing that to the customer.[No excuse for unusually high paint price from your field.]# 2.You and the field owners know what is being shot at PEOPLE.[not trees ,cans ,and targets]#3 most field owners have one hell of a lot of work and expense in bringing you the paintball experience!!! don't begrudge them the fruit of their labors and your enjoyment when they have fair paint prices,decent field,a place to relieve your bodily functions ,electricity ,Hpa,Co2 fills, water, drinks ,and put up with your whining about the prices.Go spend a week helping a field owner building his field,or something.You will think he should raise his prices.In my mind though 80 dollars and up is ridiculous.Good paint prices are between 45 and 60 dollars.Our paint is between 40- 60 dollars with 15 dollar field and air fee.Big fields with large overhead charge more because of overhead costs.Don't expect to have a Mercedes at the cost of Kia.If a field or event is priced outragous simply do not attend.With little attendance they will amend their ways.Call and tell them why your not attending.
0

#43 User is offline   The Bear 

  • The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 205
  • Joined: 10-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'll play hopper ball with this!
(just kidding, but wow.)

Warning, has a some swearing

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#44 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

View PostThe Bear, on May 11 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

I'll play hopper ball with this!
(just kidding, but wow.)

Warning, has a some swearing

Bear

I hate stupid people :dry:
Seriously, why would you put that on a mechanical Spyder. You're not going to shoot that much EVER!

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#45 User is offline   Mehphisto 

  • JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 454
  • Joined: 24-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

View PostPirate, on May 11 2010, 09:05 PM, said:

View PostThe Bear, on May 11 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

I'll play hopper ball with this!
(just kidding, but wow.)

Warning, has a some swearing

Bear

I hate stupid people :dry:
Seriously, why would you put that on a mechanical Spyder. You're not going to shoot that much EVER!


So you can just keep all your paint for the year on your gun.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team
0

Share this topic:


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users