Special Ops Paintball: bfg - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

bfg single barreled gatling guns

Poll: Do you like? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you actualy read the diagram?

1. yes (26 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

2. no (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

concerning design 1 (with the chain drive) I:

1. wanna buy it! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. like it (7 votes [23.33%])

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

3. pluh (12 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. dont like it (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. hate it (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

concerning the oscilating design, I:

1. would buy it just to have it! (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

2. would add it to a tank if i had one. (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

3. would not buy it (12 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

4. dislike it (7 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

5. leave the poor defenceless noobs alone!!! (7 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

overall you think

1. I am a genious (2 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. the designs are solid (2 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. the designs are good but need some work (22 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. the guy who designed these is a sick sadistic monkey (6 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. the guy who designed these deserves to get shot with them (5 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

6. my mind is blank... (7 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote

#16 User is offline   NOTORIOUSMR2 

• Notoriety is bliss.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:NOTORIOUSMR2

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

I'm no expert, but from my understanding of physics, I'm lead to believe that the spinning motion of the barrel would lead to an outward curving flight path of the paintball.

Unless I'm not understanding your design (where the barrel spins and the firing chambers stay stationary), I believe this could lead to some serious accuracy problems.
"Want. Take. Have!"
MR owner #42
From now on, i spell "PWNED" like this: MR2
If your parents don't pay for your paintball gear, put this in your sig.

#17 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

^^^ I hope you're not getting that idea from the movie Wanted. :D
You are correct in that a spinning barrel will techically affect the trajectory of the paintball as it leaves the barrel. But once it clears, the ball will follow the laws of projectile motion just as well as a paintball fired from an ordinary marker. But the paintball will be fired at a high enough velocity that the slight affect that the barrel's motion does have will likely be unnoticeable.

The only real concern might be the question of whether or not a substantial amount of spin would be induced on the paintball. But if he uses the geneva mechanism, which allows the barrel to briefly come to a complete stop when the ball is fired, then neither the spin issue nor the minor trajectory change mentioned above should even exist.

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 02 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

what you can do.. is get a mechonism to spin multiple barrels around your gun, while you have the one barrel in the center. The barrels that are going around the gun are longer therefor hiding your stationary single barrel. This would give the illusion of a gatlin gun with the barrels spinning. Use an electro gun for the fast firing hook a button or something to the grip that makes it spin and then you can spin up your gun and shoot it seperately and walk around like that wrestler Ventura. Posted Image
see you could totally stick a barrel inside something like that.. and noone would know

This post has been edited by MejorQueNada: 08 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

:P

#19 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Noticed a neat video from some engineering students...only one had ever held/used a paintball gun previously, and they did this in less than 4 months or so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7KUQrsBUI...feature=related

Not bad at all!

#20 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

I had a thought, perhapse I could mount multiple dummy barrels so that the marker could look like an actual gatling gun, but still conform with the 1 barrel rule.

#21 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

There's already a bunch of people who've done that.

Like Das Grindhaus:
Posted Image

Or Petunia:
Posted Image

Or just buy one from Scenario Arms.

#22 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

I dont think the concept is quite understood, the idea is to have multiple firing chambers and one barrel that moves between them all.

#23 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

that makes it even harder to do. Cause now you either need a valve per firing chamber or design some super fancy system for one valve to control numerous firing chambers, and only fire certain ones at a time, taht would take a few solenoids...
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#24 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:01 AM

Ok...I read your diagram. Then came straight here. I have not read the rest of the thread and I am sure I am repeating a few things but I do not care. Yes I am grumpy this morning...damn cat kept me awake all night so you get my full attention!

You have a nice idea.

You also have an idea with the most complicated automated timing system I have ever seen.

If the barrel is more than .10" out of alignment with the firing chamber you have a blender.

You have to design your own operating plat form becuase most modern paintball guns I can think of use the base of the barrel as the firing breech.

You will need to develop your own electronics system that will cycle through each of the existing systems if you use a pre manufactured gun. Your electronics will need to individually tell when each gun needs to fire...more timing that could go wrong.

You have an external belt...gear...chain...whatever drive system that needs to be in proper tension, smooth and consistant all the time to keep it all working right. And one that note...what keeps the barrel in proper alignment with the firing chambers? Ug.

You will need a seperate paint delivery system for each chamber. Why not just use one big system and split it you ask? How would you consistantly and evenly feed all the seperate feeds...each one will be a differing lenght requiring and diffing amount of tension to keep paint ready to use.
Seperate feeds will keep the sytem balanced...and add a huge amount of shooter upkeep during use...you have created a gatlin gun that needs an ammo man...two person gun...I refuse to be that second guy bored out of my mind.

The worst thing that jumps out in my mind is keeping the barrel in proper position for the shot...but I repeat myself!

If you can design and build a reliable prototype you deserve a job at NASA and should apply since you will be able to replace most of the engineers in ability.

I love the idea...but then again I like the amphibious car too...

#25 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Big problem I am not sure any one sw yet, how are you going to garuntee the barrels will line up with the chambers perfectly every single time so it does not shread paintballs? And if the fireing system had the slightest bit of lag for some reason, like low batteries, it would also cause it to chop paint, so you would have a flame thrower.

#26 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

im kinda bored with the idea in this thread (too add to finish a project) but the idea is to have a microswitch corresponding to each firing chamber that whenever the barrel comes around it trips the microswitch causing that specific firing chamber to fire. no board required. also the gear drive system would prevent any sort of maladjustment as gears are toothed and if your calculations are right (calculations you perform before cutting any gear) no more blender, no board required. all you would need to do is assemble it right, which shouldn't be a problem for all the impovershed factory workers of malasia! and if that wasnt enough both systems employ the use of the pre-timed microswitches which should prevent any premature/(postmature?) firing.

but since im bored with this topic, how about we add a microswitch at the bottom of a breach of an EGOten instead of eyes? if your feeder is strong enough (not much problem for a 25g switch) it would press the switch allowing the marker to be fired. would be ideal for a full auto system as you could set the microswitch to interupt the signal from the trigger switch, thus no trigger pull until theres a ball in the breach. also good for full auto fire. think, ball in breach=microswitch engaged, ball out breach=microswitch disengaged. your only limitations for ROF (theoreticaly) would be the feedspeed of your hopper and the cyclic rate of the marker.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users