• This topic is locked

Bye bye vacations... :(

#16 User is offline   ck_stalefish 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ck_stalefish

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

What's this "sitting on your ass" thing you speak of.

Yeah, I didn't get out as much as I wanted to, but I was able to get out every day. Did stuff like hiking, climbing, sledding, snowboarding, running, lifted some weights, tried boxing, and of course worked at my job. I was able to stay all around active. I doubt I gained an ounce of fat, especially with my metabolism.

It's when school is going that I sit on my ass more. By the time I get home from school then work then the gym I am not motivated enough to do anything.
"The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
T.E. Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

#17 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

View Postoutlaw-master, on Jan 11 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 11 2010, 12:38 AM, said:

I'm lucky. I eat and sit on my butt with the best of them, and I'm only 165 pounds/~75Kg. :) I do work out, but not much. Yay metabolism. I usually eat about 5000 calories/day, more when I'm active. :D

I'm the same but i'm only 150lbs. Can eat what ever I want and not gain a pound. AMAZING!

damn I so much as look at pizza or a carton of icecream and i start to gain 20 pounds. so jelous.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#18 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

View PostBecc, on Jan 11 2010, 07:50 PM, said:

Haha, high metabolisms for the win. I ate nonstop this vacation, and lost weight. And by nonstop, i mean absolute crap food like waffles, 6 meals a day.

That is me as well. I can eat and eat and eat, but I gain nothing. Hell, I actually lose weight if I only eat 3 meals a day.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#19 User is offline   burntearth 

• Government Grunt and Proud of It
  • Pip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Jan 13 2010, 12:58 PM, said:

Haha, high metabolisms for the win. I ate nonstop this vacation, and lost weight. And by nonstop, i mean absolute crap food like waffles, 6 meals a day.

That is me as well. I can eat and eat and eat, but I gain nothing. Hell, I actually lose weight if I only eat 3 meals a day.

I used to be in that exact same position. I had a high metabolism when I was in college (could eat a steak, fries and a pie, blink twice and it was gone). Made me look anemic most of the time. Then I started working out for school, ate twice as much, and still didn't gain a pound (fat being replaced by muscle and all). Then 22-23 hit....and it was all downhill from there. I still look like I'm in shape, but eventually, your metabolism catches up with you. Enjoy it while you can

#20 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Jan 13 2010, 04:58 PM, said:

I don't think I have a metabolism anymore. I envy you people who cannot gain weight.

When I was in 3rd grade, I broke my leg. I was out of school for 3 months and on crutches for half a year. I used to be very skinny when I was little. I gained weight due to inactivity. I haven't been able to lose it no matter what I do. Now I weigh in at 240. Last year I was 220. I think most of that weight is muscle though, as I am still growing. I don't get it. I am fat, yet I am more athletic than most of the people in my school who are not fat at all. I have a weird body. lol

This post has been edited by BAGELS: 13 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#21 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

I like to lightly work out when I'm not going to school. I really don't want to afterwards. All of the bull plop at school really drains me...as well as the lack of sleep from starting so early.

But yeah, I don't really have to watch my diet for just weight. I don't have a lot of upper body muscles but I'm also not fat. I'm glad of that.

But hey! I get a 4 day weekend. I have to figure out what to do. PB would be an option (it's been a while) but I want to do something else. Maybe break out the bike or something. That would be fun. I want to bike again.

#22 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

talk about a reality check. nothing like going to a gym with 20 or so men that are way stronger than you doing flips and stuff... argh. guess its time to get back in shape.

This post has been edited by Becc: 14 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

#23 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:52 AM

i was a butterball myself when i sat at the computer, eating and playing return to castle wolfenstein non stop....

but it all gone now!!!!!!
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#24 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

first day back... wasnt so bad. friends (more aquiantances cause they bug me a lot but theyre the best lot at the college) werent into drama yet after the long break, so it was just hang out and relax stress free... classes were all meh but i like my schedule... felt good to be productive

#25 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

what's this "vacation" thing of which you children speak? What the hell are those. I think i vaguely remember them a long ass time ago, back when i was in that thing called school. Yeah, once you get out, say good bye to vacation for the rest of your life. Sure you may get a week off here or there, if you are lucky, but damned if you get a month off work without being laid off or broken on FMLA leave.

I wish i still had 1 month vacations to be a fat ass on. Instead i am just a fat ass working my butt of daily. Enjoy your youth while you can...cause once you hit "the real world", vacation or breaks are a thing of the past unless you are what is called unemployable.

*misses vacation and sledding in snow, going ot the beach, doing nothing all day yet still feeling like i did something*

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#26 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

View PostLegato, on Jan 20 2010, 05:25 AM, said:

what's this "vacation" thing of which you children speak? What the hell are those. I think i vaguely remember them a long ass time ago, back when i was in that thing called school. Yeah, once you get out, say good bye to vacation for the rest of your life. Sure you may get a week off here or there, if you are lucky, but damned if you get a month off work without being laid off or broken on FMLA leave.

I wish i still had 1 month vacations to be a fat ass on. Instead i am just a fat ass working my butt of daily. Enjoy your youth while you can...cause once you hit "the real world", vacation or breaks are a thing of the past unless you are what is called unemployable.

*misses vacation and sledding in snow, going ot the beach, doing nothing all day yet still feeling like i did something*

^^^^ what he said .... truer words were never spoken .... the old cliche's of " time is fleeting", "time is wasted on the youth", are so true. as you age, and experience life, it is so easy to look back and regret what is known, while it is much harder to look forward with thrilled anticipation of the unknown ..... waaaahhhh .. lol

This post has been edited by klaatu: 23 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

#27 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

I'm only 20 and I already feel the real world. Vacations =/= vacations for university folk.

#28 User is offline   gypsycurse 

• Customer Service/Sales
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

Ha ha, the wonders of being pregnant, I can eat what I want basically and no one thinks twice about questioning it! Well besides the doctor, she never makes you feel good if you packed on an extra pound or two over what you're supposed to gain lol

#29 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

yeah but theyre doctors, they dont count. their job is to make you feel bad for eating :tup:

I start vacation in t minus 22 hours.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users