Special Ops Paintball: Terror Attack X: Sovereign Soil - Special Ops Paintball

• (36 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terror Attack X: Sovereign Soil Camp Blanding Feb. 20 & 21 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#511 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

Jhall...Thanks for the advice care to comment further on what is the truth?

Thruth,

All I want to say is be careful. If you are not directly involved, then you are feeding the fire.
Not saying that you are wrong or not, Just be careful what you state is fact or not.

Remember: research your facts before stating them
jhall9701 is a member of the Members group and has 8 posts.
Sent on: Yesterday, 09:53 PM

This post has been edited by RealtorTommy: 26 February 2010 - 07:35 AM

FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#512 User is offline   Team Reign of Fire Daytona 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hey Blue Thunder,
Does that nipple cover have “Proudly sponsored by XTC” on it? If so, I think it belongs to the front man for Team Signal20. He says he could describe it and is missing one from the campsite.

#513 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

View Postcookie, on Feb 26 2010, 08:43 AM, said:

That ref would be skiddish

Curses! What gave me away?

extremegst.com team website

#514 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

Was just in contact with Joe from SXP

He's still recovering from surgery and said he will be able to post soon.

Here's what I remembered he said...

This clean up was delayed do to multiple reasons. They were short three trucks from forestry at start, ended up getting one of them for two days, a second one broke after two hours of operation, and the third could not be brought in do to bad brakes. Then the Tanker and one brush truck was pulled tuesday mid day. One of the biggest problems was the fact that SXP was working around a training unit. Trying to do basic clean up to get them into the buildings and then come back after the unit leaves to finish the clean up. Anyway the cordinator was aware of these potential problems and advised SXP a week before the game that no more games for now, that they would re visit the possibilities towards the end of the year, and SXP would then put stipulations in place to handle questions of paint, security, clean up requirements and time frame which none of this has ever existed, the paint being grey was what the producers used to hide stains so they would blend in. The Orange paint clear shell does in fact clean up better than the grey paint used in the past. SXP have recommended to the base that a grey paint using the same set up as the orange be used with a clear shell, they are working on that and that would help keep illegal paint out also.
SXP is in direct communication with the cordinator and the cleaning company is taking care of the clean up as contracted to do. The cordinator is not upset with SXP. He is upset however with the politics of it which he has seen for sometime and that is being addressed as well.

edited for spelling...

This post has been edited by RealtorTommy: 26 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#515 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:35 AM

View Postskiddish9999, on Feb 26 2010, 04:10 PM, said:

View Postcookie, on Feb 26 2010, 08:43 AM, said:

That ref would be skiddish

Curses! What gave me away?

The little mouse in your pocket.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#516 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:34 PM

SXP Responds to Allegations

SXP Responds to Allegations of “Ruining Paintball at Camp Blanding”
Posted on27 February 2010.
Joe Moffo, owner and producer of Southern Xtreme Paintball scenario games, which hosts a number of games annually at the Camp Blanding MOUT training site, has provided 68Caliber with an official response to the allegations that his company’s failure to adequately clean the MOUT site has resulted in the cancellation of all paintball activity at Camp Blanding.

Along the way Mr. Moffo also answers allegations that he ignored the base’s paintball testing requirements, left the site high and dry, interfered with official military training activities & etc.

The upshot (pending official verification from the Camp Blanding facility coordinator) is this:

the paintballs were approved for use on the site

a variety of circumstances, some not under SXP control, led to the site not being entirely cleaned within the required time frame: these circumstances were addressed by SXP and Camp Blanding staff as they arose and SXP took advantage of every opportunity to correct the situation as quickly as possible; these actions were coordinated with Blanding staff and each step of addressing the problem was taken either upon Blanding staff’s suggestion, approval or both.

The primary reason for the (temporary) halting of games at the Blanding MOUT site is due to an increase in the scheduling of official military usage; equipment needed for proper cleanup may not be available on time. Therefore, the decision was made to avoid problems entirely by canceling all civilian use of the site.

Mr. Moffo states that he is convinced that not only will paintball games resume at Blanding in the future, but that SXP will be back producing games there.

Mr. Moffo is also undergoing surgeries and recovery from the same, one reason for delayed communications on this matter.

68Caliber wishes Joe Moffo a speedy recovery. 68Caliber thanks him for sending in this statement and we suggest that everyone read the attached statement from SXP.

Drama Within The Paintball Community “The Blanding Clean Up”
Official Statement from Joe Moffo of Southern Xtreme Paintball

Where to start; well let us focus on the clean up in this statement and only the clean up.

I will back up one year ago with our March 09 game..

Our game dates were changed twice due to schedule conflicts with the training schedule at Camp Blanding if you all do not remember. Then our actual date almost got canceled due to a unit coming in on Monday. Fortunately we set down with Range Control and put together an agreement that I would have the site cleaned by noon on Monday. I had to submit a letter of commitment stating my plans to clean up and clear range control before the training unit was to take over on Monday. That I understood I would not get my deposit back or be able to do another game at Blanding if I was not to honor this commitment. The clean up was done and cleared range control by noon on Monday. Yes the rain and two hour head start on the clean up on Sunday did help, to my belief the fastest clean up to date.

Ok September of 2009 game canceled due to Training Schedule…. We all forgot about that one. I got blamed for that too. Sorry my bad I forgot I control the schedule at Blanding.

Are we seeing a pattern yet? Well I am sure there are still those who cannot see what is going on here.

One week before the game I met with the Coordinator to go over upgrades to the site and safety issues with the active tank maneuvers. This had to be addressed because they wanted to cancel us based on the tank activity on site. The Coordinator advised me that this was to be the last game at Blanding for awhile that it was getting to hard to accommodate a civilian unit when DOD units take priority. I was told no more paintball or civilian activity for awhile that he would look at the scheduling towards the end of the year.
Prior to the Feb 2010 game I was approached about paint sales for Blanding. Orange paint Clear shell… My comments “are you crazy”… No Joe check this out easy clean up, so I tested the Orange and matched it up with the last two paints used at Blanding. To my complete surprise the orange cleaned up much easier.

Ok for the Blanding requirements, for the record no there is nothing in any agreement that says what type of paintballs are used. When Sgt. Hall found out that the paint was to be Orange he went to his command to advise of the possibility of staining, I presented a letter of commitment and samples that passed and were authorized at the last minute.

Also at the last minute we were advised that a training unit was starting Monday at 8 am making it impossible for the clean up to be finished. Double the number of players and have to be cleaned up faster than the last time. Nothing like pressure when you find this out at the last minute and have players pulling in and less than 24 hours.

This issue making it even more obvious that the schedule is not able to accommodate Paintball. I think the other Blanding producers will tell you to clean up after 738 players is not going to happen in less than 24 hours.

At the start of clean up on Sunday, we were short on staff no not volunteers paid staff that never showed up. We were counting on three forestry trucks, and did not have one. Then they were able to remove one from another project and start working it, and then there small brush truck started working the site, and one truck was down with no brakes. We did have every hose manned and still had a couple of extra guys for the hoses we were short.
Yes this was my fault for not having back up resources. I did have equipment on standby but could not access it till Monday.

Well then comes the training unit first thing Monday morning. No sense and bringing in more equipment when we have to work around the training unit. So I decided to do the proper thing get into the buildings that the unit would take first thing and knock them down real quick, let them train then come back later and finish them. Late Tuesday we had all of the Buildings knocked down and 80% complete some only needing a couple spots done on walk thru.

The cleanup is not a basic wash down, you have to remove every shell every spec of paint from ceilings, walls, floors, doors, windows, frames, shutters, inside and out even the roads. The gutters in the building and the drains must be paint and shell free.

No the rumor that the paint I ordered the Orange was not staining however the extra paint that I did not order was staining and complicating the clean up, not to mention all of the illegal paint that was not caught at the front gate that was staining, however by staining it is able to remove just requiring more effort than normal to remove.

Ok my actions that the paintball drama queens have started rumors on. You have not a clue and you sirs should be blackballed from paintball. On late Tuesday when I personally cleared each room of a basic clean up to allow the training units to train without slipping on my paint or getting my paint all over them. I decided to get out of there way, on Wed. morning I was in the process of setting up a crew to work in the evenings after 5 pm when the unit was to be out of there with pressure washers and two steam machines which I own. This is a slower process but will remove all stains to assure proper clearance.

Then I find this rumor started by what appears to be improper reporting by a well known paintball reporter, stating the paintball was being kicked out of Blanding because of Joe Moffo ignoring procedures at Blanding. Well this statement was completely false and extremely slanderous and is being dealt with by legal means. Furthermore this reporter has never contacted me for comment on this matter. The only media to contact me was .68 caliber.com and Mcarterbrown.com.

At this point I wanted to say screw this all of this hate mail and hateful post on the forums I don’t need this, I am going into surgery on Thursday morning to have a disk replacement and other multiple operations. Why should I bother I am getting outed for something that is false why not live up to it, I posted a deposit to cover clean up.

Well for the many of you that know me and know that I shoot straight I am not like these drama queens. The Coordinator at Camp Blanding had heard the drama as well, he was catching hell from his Commanders because others made it look like I was screwing everyone over, and they toured the Mout site and seen it was not cleaned and had stains and paintballs everywhere, and we were in the way of training units. The Coordinator took a cleaning contractor in that has worked at Blanding before and knows the requirements. They stated that they could do the job and work around the unit as I was doing and have it cleared this weekend or Monday morning.
As the responsible party and an honorable member of the paintball community within 5 minutes of this information I contacted and contracted the cleaning company. Paid him in full within 1 hour of being given his information, I did not care that I had already spent my cleaning budget I took the money out of my pocket and paid the bill.

So you wanted an official statement from SXP, now you have it. For those of you whom have made false and slanderous statements, you know who you are and be advised that I am tired of it and you have 24 hours to print a retraction and apologize for your actions. I do expect to see this on all of the forums pbnation, spec ops, mcarterbrown, pbjunkie, and every other one that you posted on.

For the hateful emails I have received one apology, thank you sir I do appreciate and accept your apology. I am still waiting for the others, yes my inbox does accept apologies just as easy as it accepted your nasty un educated, hateful comments.

I know that Blanding will allow paintball when the schedule frees up, and I will be back there even after all of this crap to give the players that appreciate my efforts another great game at a great venue. For those trying to bring me down I know who you are and so do the majority of the players, we are not interested in you politics or efforts to control the sandbox, there is enough room for everyone.

For those that held back on judging me, and supported me, thank you I do appreciate that and you are why I stay in this sport. Trust me it is not the money, for here I am once again paying for the players to play.
Once I receive the clearance I will be sure to post it as well.

Sincerely
Joe Moffo
SXP
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#517 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

Well I had fun at the game. Can't wait till the next one to shoot another 11 cases at the opposition.
32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

#518 User is offline   nawl 

• sxpjoe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nawlpb

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

I do want to Thank everyone for coming out and making this game possible, I know that the majority of you have already stated that you had a good time. For the few that were un happy, I am sorry that you did not have a good time, we do work really hard to make everyone happy, please feel free to email me your game thoughts and ways for us to better ourselves in future events.

For the cleanup rumors I am sorry that people would bring themselves to the level of spreading and making false statements. Trust me when I say we would not and have not screwed over Blanding, we have in fact been fighting to provide these games based on the over demanding training schedule at Blanding. And sorry to say after a paintball game we do have to clean that place up. Yes it does take time, especially with 738 players and over 1300 cases of paint shot.

I want to assure all the players, both the ones that support me and the ones that don't I am here for the players that is what drives me. I would not cause paintball to be canceled at Blanding, I will work to keep it there.

#519 User is offline   nawl 

• sxpjoe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nawlpb

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

Just verified that the clean up has been cleared by Range Maint. The cleaning company that was contracted cleared at about 3pm today.

#520 User is offline   jonfl1 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jackal111

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

After reading all the post-event discussion and having a chance to discuss things with teammates and other players that were at the event, I figured I would give my thoughts on this event. Before now, the last time Team GDR was at Blanding was for the September 2008 scenario. So when I draw comparisons in my head, I'm thinking about that past event as well as others throughout the state.

Overall, my feelings about this event were mixed. On the plus side, the venue itself is amazing, and the presence of multiple tanks is also a very cool aspect of scenarios run here that I really enjoy. Attendance was also much better than I thought it would be which was a welcome surprise. I was also honored to be a blue team XO under Tippy, and had a fantastic time in that role. The night game was also a highlight for me, and everyone on Team GDR really enjoyed that aspect of the event as well.

On the negative side, the aforementioned comments on the reffing situation pretty much sum up my thoughts on that subject and seemed to have a significant effect on the game. I was also annoyed by the team balancing issues that clearly favored the red team, hot guns shooting insanely far, cold food, and the fact that I couldn't pay for the event by credit card.

There are always things that can be improved upon at events like this one, but overall I had a good time and I'm glad we went.

#521 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

View Postjonfl1, on Mar 3 2010, 03:23 PM, said:

After reading all the post-event discussion and having a chance to discuss things with teammates and other players that were at the event, I figured I would give my thoughts on this event. Before now, the last time Team GDR was at Blanding was for the September 2008 scenario. So when I draw comparisons in my head, I'm thinking about that past event as well as others throughout the state.

Overall, my feelings about this event were mixed. On the plus side, the venue itself is amazing, and the presence of multiple tanks is also a very cool aspect of scenarios run here that I really enjoy. Attendance was also much better than I thought it would be which was a welcome surprise. I was also honored to be a blue team XO under Tippy, and had a fantastic time in that role. The night game was also a highlight for me, and everyone on Team GDR really enjoyed that aspect of the event as well.

On the negative side, the aforementioned comments on the reffing situation pretty much sum up my thoughts on that subject and seemed to have a significant effect on the game. I was also annoyed by the team balancing issues that clearly favored the red team, hot guns shooting insanely far, cold food, and the fact that I couldn't pay for the event by credit card.

There are always things that can be improved upon at events like this one, but overall I had a good time and I'm glad we went.

Can you expound upon that a little more then saying..."What was previously said"?

#522 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

For those who pre-ordered or waiting to see the art work on the t-shirt.

It's being worked on and I will post the final soon.

Teams who wish to have their name on the shirt and/or the award they won will be an option.
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#523 User is offline   Team Reign of Fire Daytona 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

View Postskiddish9999, on Mar 3 2010, 07:49 PM, said:

Can you expound upon that a little more then saying..."What was previously said"?

Skiddish,
I think he was agreeing with my previous statement that you have already commented on. It is a few pages/posts ago.

#524 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

View PostTeam Reign of Fire Daytona, on Mar 6 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

View Postskiddish9999, on Mar 3 2010, 07:49 PM, said:

Skiddish,
I think he was agreeing with my previous statement that you have already commented on. It is a few pages/posts ago.

Meh alright then, I plan to resolve the issue with any reffing by next game. Paint checking as vehicles are coming in should probably be done too...

A few issues could be resolved with putting rules on the back of the card that is being used (the boom card for instance)

This post has been edited by skiddish9999: 06 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

#525 User is offline   shewolf 

• shewolf_ronbo
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ronbo

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hey guys the Video for the game is done----->

http://www.ragtopvideo.com/
SheWolf & Ronbo
Lakeland,Fl