Special Ops Paintball: TM7 and Invert Mini VS The test of time. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TM7 and Invert Mini VS The test of time. Looking at new gun but ? on reliability+duribility Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Just played to day... Their was mud like crazy!!!...and some pretty deep water puddles...But even tho the a5 and Ion never went down, im looking for a new gun... one these (I think). Its not much farther up the chain but is still better than nothing. I would like to know how much abuse can they take on the field? Examples mud, water, snow, or trip-fall-smash...oops. Which is more reliable the TM7 or the Mini? I want to hear other peoples opinions on the guns.

This post has been edited by Sneaky Big Foot: 31 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#2 User is offline   Special Ed 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

I've used my Mini w/ a Virtue board in a wet rainy and muddy tournament before. There was a lot of mud that needed to be cleaned from every crack. Worked just fine, continues to work fine. I've also used it in a "snowball" tourny, it didn't get too wet. And no problems.

The TM7 only has one PCB so there are less opportunities for failure. The TM7's have been having problems w/ solenoids sticking. KEE has just released a new noid plunger that should eliminate that Problem.

I haven't used my TM7 in poor weather yet, so....

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

The TM7 is essentially a Mini in a milsim wrapper. They operate in much the same way. They are a step up on "the chain" as you mentioned as they are considered a mid-level electro. All electros handle water & dirt in much the same way... pretty well. As long as the marker isn't submerged in water it'll be fine. Sure, a mech A-5 can be cycled underwater, but the paintballs won't be pretty, so what's the point. Don't be afraid to abuse a Mini in the same way you have an A-5, although I try not to purposely bang my markers off rocks (I'm just not afraid when it happens).
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Personally, I think tippman makes horrible markers. The way they are designed is horrible, and their build quality doesn't help much.
As I stated in another thread, I worked as a gun tech in a paintball shop for close to 6 months. We got more tippmans in than any other gun. The cyclone feed system is also ALWAYS having problems.

Paintball guns are designed to keep air in, so water is no problem, and the boards don't operate on enough power to successfully fry, and with mud it is more viscous than water, the mini will keep the mud out just fine.

#5 User is offline   paintman161 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintman161

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

I have played in the rain with my TM-7 and never had any issues (it was wet enough to get my clothes and shoes soaked), I got one of the first gens that came out in July of 2008, never had any issues with the solenoid or the board!

#6 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

Markers actually take more abuse on the airball field than they typically do in the woods. So it seems to be a myth that a speedball gun can't hold up to play in the woods.

From what I've heard the first batch of Minis released had a lot of issues. But the newer ones appear to be pretty solid guns.

I'd suggest holding the Mini and seeing how you like it, because it's a REALLY small gun.

On the other hand, the Mini is a heck of a lot cheaper than the TM-7. You just have to ask yourself if you're willing to shell out that much extra money just to make the same gun look military. Because they are essentially the same gun internally.

It seems that in paintball, you really end up paying a lot of money to have a gun that looks military.

#7 User is offline   TheEnglishGuy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

I don't think it's fair to say you're paying for it to look military, although obviously they are modeled on the MP-7. It does have a built-in expandable stock which the Mini doesn't have, it also allows you to mount front grips and sights on the rails, which the mini doesn't, so it's not quite like you're buying a black mini.

I haven't tried a mini, so can't really comment on usage similarities, but there are a couple of things with the TM-7 that are annoying. The primary one is the solenoid stick (which if I can get the new plunger should be fixed) which I don't think the mini suffers from, being vertically mounted. The second is that once you get to 1000psi or lower on your tank, there's severe dropoff when firing (not sure if the Mini has the same issue). Outside of those issues I love my TM-7, even more than my TM-15.

English

Feedback Link : http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...l=theenglishguy

#8 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

English Guy, I have a tm7 and when it gets down below 1000 psi i dont have any shootdown. Idk if you changed your dwell or pressure or the face of your poppet has some grease on it but your tm7 should not be having shootdown.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#9 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

TheEnglishGuy, on Jan 31 2010, 10:10 AM, said:

I don't think it's fair to say you're paying for it to look military, although obviously they are modeled on the MP-7. It does have a built-in expandable stock which the Mini doesn't have, it also allows you to mount front grips and sights on the rails, which the mini doesn't, so it's not quite like you're buying a black mini.

Well, thing is... expandable stock, front grips, sight rails... The main point of that stuff is to "look military" most of the time.

Expandable stock?

Doesn't really add anything to shooting performance. Screw on an HPA tank to the back of a stock-mini, rest the tank against your shoulder, and you'll have just as stable a shooting platform as a TM-7 with the stock out. The only reason for the stock is if you are running a remote-line. And the only main reason for a remote-line is if you are trying to make the gun look military, as far as I can see.

Sure, I understand that running a remote line can bring your profile lower to the ground when you are lying down and shooting. But honestly, it's not that big of a profile gain, and I only think it makes a marginal impact on your "combat" performance at best. Mobility, tactics, and firepower seem to be what count most in even a standard woodsball game.

Sight-rails?

My suspicion is that only ten percent of paintball players in the woods are even in a position where having a Red-Dot sight on their gun is going to make any appreciable difference in accuracy. These guns don't shoot that far - so an actual scope is next to worthless. And within the range they DO shoot, just learning to aim is going to be a bigger deal than messing around with a red-dot. And flashlights? No real use - even in night games.

But then, I play mostly dagger/sabre style. Maybe a broadsword-style player is going to have more need for a remote line. And maybe a sniper is going to want a red-dot - MAYBE. I have seen zero use for any of that stuff in my games. So there's no way I'm going to shell out twice the money for a TM-7 full of a bunch of options I don't need just to have a gun that looks like a real military gun.

I'm not knocking mil-sim. I'm one of the first to step up and admire some tricked-out M16 rig a guy brings to one of our woodsball games. I think it's cool as a hobby. If that's your game, I think that's awesome.

But for me, who is just concerned with the shooting game, the TM-7 isn't worth it.

#10 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Rathje u only looked at appearance attributes not funtionality. The TM-7 has the advantage of the select fire switch on the outside making changing modes a second on field when needed, unlike the mini.

#11 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

Install a virtue board to the mini and you can change modes on the fly and have the option of tournament lock where changing modes on field wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT* The things he talked about give pretty much no functionality, so there was no need to talk about it. Sight rails and stocks are pretty much useless.

This post has been edited by Mehphisto: 10 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#12 User is offline   Delta 047 

• Hurry up and wait.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demosthenes

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

i would disagree with the stock. if im goin to use something along those lines id much rather have a stock than a tank fill-in. stocks are designed to be placed in the groove of the shoulder so the role of the (insert object of use) can be smooth and on target. now if you try to do this with a tank, it wont work the same. its not designed to roll with the shoulder, and the lower placement will throw off your snap aiming.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

#13 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

mehphisto even if u install a virtue board on a invert mini you still cant change them on the fly it takes trigger cycling and turning the gun on with trigger pulled in. Now the TM7 its just a little lever on the outside that takes less than a second. Also tournament lock the TM7 has one also.

#14 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Ive been looking at a TM-7 for a while and have someone who
would trade me a brand new TM-7 for my modded loaded, A-5 Ive had
for a while now. They sound like great guns. Should I?
Posted Image

37sps.com

#15 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

Bone37, on Feb 16 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

Ive been looking at a TM-7 for a while and have someone who
would trade me a brand new TM-7 for my modded loaded, A-5 Ive had
for a while now. They sound like great guns. Should I?

Hello... anyone?
Posted Image

37sps.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users