Special Ops Paintball: Winter paintball help - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winter paintball help what do I need? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

View Postsilenthornet, on Oct 11 2009, 10:27 PM, said:

Gah, I hate the "collapsed" style of threads. Is there some way I can turn that off...?

Yes. Go to the top of this thread and look on the right of the screen. Beside rating is Options. Click "options" and go below to "Display Modes". Click "Switch to: Standard"

#17 User is offline   silenthornet 

• Insert witty phrase here
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:silenthornet

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Oh sweet. Sorry for temporary thread derailment :(
It is dark. You are likely to be flanked.

#18 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

I always stress buying local paint. The fresher the better. Most boxes will say where they were made.

It doesn't have to be expensive paint to work well. Super cheap paint is never good, but if you know what you're buying you don't have to spend a ton of money either. You can definitely get high quality paint for around $30-$40 a case. Most companies will produce a Field/Recreational grade paint, a Premium grade, and a Tournament/Professional grade paint. The only real difference? Shell thickness, and in a lot of cases fill consistency. Recreational grade paint which costs less will actually general break less and has a tendency to work better in the winter. Premium can work fine as well. Tournament grade paint, the expensive stuff often times has too fragile of a shell - especially for use in a less than gentle marker.

Most of the Walmart brand paints aren't all that terrible, the problem is that they spend a lot of time on the shelf, unrotated, or in trucks. Sometimes you can even see a layer of dust on the box. Stay away from it. When paint is that old it doesn't matter how rigid the manufacturer made the shell, it will most likely be as fragile as an egg. Or the opposite will happen, as is the case with Monsterballs, and you'll get rocks.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#19 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Oct 11 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

Don't skimp out on the paint in the winter. Cheap stuff will chop like no other.

View Postslinkyaroo, on Oct 11 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Also since we all missed the absolute rule I'll say it .... use winter paint. :(

I posted it first.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users