Special Ops Paintball: Drummers Thread - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Drummers Thread Well, guitarists have one!

#31 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Haha I actually do have a bunch on my phone, but none that are all that great. Give me a minute and I'll post a few.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#32 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Attached File  1114091642.jpg (392.05K)
Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  1112091043.jpg (464.19K)
Number of downloads: 1
Neil Peart's Kit
Attached File  1112091044.jpg (524.48K)
Number of downloads: 2

The crowd waiting to see Jack DeJohnette
Attached File  1114091452.jpg (245.74K)
Number of downloads: 1

The hall were myself and the Ohio University Percussion Ensemble performed, along with a few pictures of my setup that I played...
Attached File  1110091803.jpg (274.64K)
Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  1111091130.jpg (399.36K)
Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  1111091130a.jpg (402.96K)
Number of downloads: 1

My Artist Badge:
Attached File  1111091348.jpg (264.25K)
Number of downloads: 1

Zildjian's Prototype Cymbals:
Attached File  1112091630.jpg (441.17K)
Number of downloads: 1


Other than Neil's kit you could play any of those kits, and cymbals. If it was there, you could play it=HEAVEN!

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 26 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#33 User is offline   Souleater 

  • Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 30-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

View PostSKC, on Mar 26 2010, 04:23 PM, said:

Great sets, guys!

Souleater - I'm afraid I've had bad luck with Remo recently as well. Their QC has taken a turn for the worst, it seems... The best thing you could do is get a hair drier to expand and seat the heads properly onto the bearing edge. Don't worry about ruining the Mylar, since it will take MUCH more heat to start to warp and melt it.

Toxic Toast - What kid of cymbals are you using? That Riveted ride looks interesting!

On another note, It's good to visit this place again... I Bought another drum set.

It's a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau in 'Red Pearl Natural' with the following sizes:
16x22 Bass
16x16 and 14x14 Floor Toms
9x12 and 8x10 Rack toms

A 5x14 Ludwig '70's Acrolite snare and a 5x12 Pearl Qpopper aux. snare.

All Paiste cymbals in the following models:
24" Giant Beat Ride
22" Traditionals Med. Light Swish
22" Traditionals Light Ride
20" Traditionals Med. Light Ride
18" Dark Energy Crash
17" Twenty Thin Crash
16" Dark Energy Crash
14" Dark Energy top Hat over Traditionals Bottom
10" Twenty Splash

Here are the pics: :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image



And a backwards one for you righties. :(



Posted Image


Well that sucks!
Did Remo move their manufacturing out to me-play-joke land or something?
And I really wanted to try out those new suede heads too...
As far as the hair dryer- definately an inventive solution. But honestly, I'd rather just buy from a company that still makes good heads, than try and fix their mistakes for them.

Anyway, that's a pretty nice set. I've never really been a fan of natural finishes (imo, after paying all that money it better look done...), but still really nice.
What kind of church do you play at? Just curious, as any drumset (especially one that size) seems to be a bit taboo where I come from.

Also- your primary snare- is the shell on that like a plastic/acrylic? Looks exactly like one my drum teacher had....
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?
0

#34 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

So, I've been looking into getting a new set, and went to my local shop and fell in LOVE with a DW set.

Here are the specs

Regal to Royal Blue Fade, Satin Finish

12" Tom
14" and 16" Floor Tom
22" Bass Drum
14" Snare

Keep in mind this is a DW set.

List price: $7545

Store Price: $5299

Now, I have bought almost all of my drums and cymbals from this store, dealing with the same guy.

He will sell it to me for what he would pay for it which is....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

$3599!!!

Thoughts?! I'm pretty much saving up my last few pennies and going for it!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#35 User is offline   Souleater 

  • Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 30-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Apr 13 2010, 09:35 PM, said:

So, I've been looking into getting a new set, and went to my local shop and fell in LOVE with a DW set.

Here are the specs

Regal to Royal Blue Fade, Satin Finish

12" Tom
14" and 16" Floor Tom
22" Bass Drum
14" Snare

Keep in mind this is a DW set.

List price: $7545

Store Price: $5299

Now, I have bought almost all of my drums and cymbals from this store, dealing with the same guy.

He will sell it to me for what he would pay for it which is....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

$3599!!!

Thoughts?! I'm pretty much saving up my last few pennies and going for it!


Well, for me anything over $2000 is to much... :P

But if you have the money, and the regular sale price is $5000, I would definately go for it. It's a win-win situation- you get the set for a low price and like it, or if you hate it you can make some money on it...
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?
0

#36 User is offline   Edge_24 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 19-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alligator City, Florida
  • Brigade Name:Edge

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

My kit is a black Mapex, I've been playing for over 4 years now, I love it and just did a recording with my teacher. I've learned to play jazz, classic rock, reggae, all of that good stuff. Personally though, I'm more interested in punk and hardcore which I had to teach myself. Simple, angry, and fast but it wears you out quick if you're not used to it.
“You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field with your head held high... and it doesn’t matter that you failed the test, didn’t get the girl, or that you've got crap going on back home, because for the next 3 minutes you're living for the moment."
0

#37 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostEdge_24, on May 19 2010, 10:45 PM, said:

My kit is a black Mapex, I've been playing for over 4 years now, I love it and just did a recording with my teacher. I've learned to play jazz, classic rock, reggae, all of that good stuff. Personally though, I'm more interested in punk and hardcore which I had to teach myself. Simple, angry, and fast but it wears you out quick if you're not used to it.

Just keep in mind that speed means nothing in the whole scheme of things. You have to be able to make something groove and feel good at a relaxed tempo before you can make it groove and feel good at a faster tempo.

Too many drummers these days lose sight of that, and end up sounded inexperienced because of it. Not necessarily saying you are like that, just an observation.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#38 User is offline   Edge_24 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 19-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alligator City, Florida
  • Brigade Name:Edge

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on May 19 2010, 10:55 PM, said:

View PostEdge_24, on May 19 2010, 10:45 PM, said:

My kit is a black Mapex, I've been playing for over 4 years now, I love it and just did a recording with my teacher. I've learned to play jazz, classic rock, reggae, all of that good stuff. Personally though, I'm more interested in punk and hardcore which I had to teach myself. Simple, angry, and fast but it wears you out quick if you're not used to it.

Just keep in mind that speed means nothing in the whole scheme of things. You have to be able to make something groove and feel good at a relaxed tempo before you can make it groove and feel good at a faster tempo.

Too many drummers these days lose sight of that, and end up sounded inexperienced because of it. Not necessarily saying you are like that, just an observation.

I can groove, before I got into hardcore, I was learning jazz.. and yeah I understand what you mean. Most of the kids at my school who play drums can't keep on beat to save their life, it's terrible. :)
“You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field with your head held high... and it doesn’t matter that you failed the test, didn’t get the girl, or that you've got crap going on back home, because for the next 3 minutes you're living for the moment."
0

#39 User is offline   scubasteve186 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 02-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Johnston, RI

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

im likin this thread :rolleyes:

ive been playing for almost 9 years now, been in a few bands and i finally found one to stick with.

so far ive had two sets, the first one i kinda inherited, the second i got for 300$ [worth well over $1,500]

Attached File(s)

  • Attached File  drums.JPG (712.33K)
    Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by scubasteve186: 25 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

0

#40 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

View Postscubasteve186, on May 25 2010, 09:07 PM, said:

im likin this thread :dodgy:

ive been playing for almost 9 years now, been in a few bands and i finally found one to stick with.

so far ive had two sets, the first one i kinda inherited, the second i got for 300$ [worth well over $1,500]

I have some advice for you bro....

Don't tilt your toms that much!!! Not only are you going to KILL your hands in the long run, which is gonna lead to arthritis and Carpel Tunnel!!! Also, having your drums tilted that much is going to produce a really thin and airy tone to your playing. The stick can't strike the drumhead at the proper angle, and the drum can't "speak" the way it should.

Take the drums and make them a little flatter, not only will you sound better, but your hands will thank me!

:tup:
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#41 User is offline   scubasteve186 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 02-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Johnston, RI

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on May 26 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

View Postscubasteve186, on May 25 2010, 09:07 PM, said:

im likin this thread :(

ive been playing for almost 9 years now, been in a few bands and i finally found one to stick with.

so far ive had two sets, the first one i kinda inherited, the second i got for 300$ [worth well over $1,500]

I have some advice for you bro....

Don't tilt your toms that much!!! Not only are you going to KILL your hands in the long run, which is gonna lead to arthritis and Carpel Tunnel!!! Also, having your drums tilted that much is going to produce a really thin and airy tone to your playing. The stick can't strike the drumhead at the proper angle, and the drum can't "speak" the way it should.

Take the drums and make them a little flatter, not only will you sound better, but your hands will thank me!

:(


thank you for the advice, that pictures kind of old though. To be honest ive kind of been bringing them up a bit higher as i go on, i guess it was a slow realization that the toms shouldn't be like that xD.
0

#42 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

View Postscubasteve186, on May 27 2010, 07:42 PM, said:

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on May 26 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

View Postscubasteve186, on May 25 2010, 09:07 PM, said:

im likin this thread :(

ive been playing for almost 9 years now, been in a few bands and i finally found one to stick with.

so far ive had two sets, the first one i kinda inherited, the second i got for 300$ [worth well over $1,500]

I have some advice for you bro....

Don't tilt your toms that much!!! Not only are you going to KILL your hands in the long run, which is gonna lead to arthritis and Carpel Tunnel!!! Also, having your drums tilted that much is going to produce a really thin and airy tone to your playing. The stick can't strike the drumhead at the proper angle, and the drum can't "speak" the way it should.

Take the drums and make them a little flatter, not only will you sound better, but your hands will thank me!

:)


thank you for the advice, that pictures kind of old though. To be honest ive kind of been bringing them up a bit higher as i go on, i guess it was a slow realization that the toms shouldn't be like that xD.

Good deal, just wanted to save you from pain and discomfort, as well as sounded kinda...well...bad. :D
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#43 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

  • The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,296
  • Joined: 23-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Albert, AB
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

Just thought I'd share this wicked drummer playing at a Jazz festival in New Zealand...he's only 16 but I can only say watch the vid!

!
0

#44 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

He's ok....not realllly clean or anything. But for 16 thats pretty damn impressive.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

Share this topic:


  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users