Special Ops Paintball: a5 internals, whats best for speed? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a5 internals, whats best for speed? more speed, not sacrificeing reliability Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Get an orange Howitzer Bolt... or any bolt with an internal O ring, it will help with air efficiency.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#17 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostBone37, on Oct 10 2009, 11:35 PM, said:

Get an orange Howitzer Bolt... or any bolt with an internal O ring, it will help with air efficiency.

No it won't.

#18 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, replacing the bolt will not really do anything.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#19 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

thank you Bone37 for the suggestion and ger, Flippy the Wonder Bunny and TheEnd for desputing.

Legato, i used to read on other topics your opinions and thought they where good ones, in some cases i might still, but the advise you have given me here, has put a sour taste in my mouth.
do you really think the abillity to walk a trigger is what shows true skill? dont forget YOU said Whereas properly walking the trigger in semi shows true skill.
and can you walk 30 bps? if not then i want a e-grip. if you can, then it is still a "waste of paint" like you said.
As an ex-paint sniper :( (no ridicuell please, go to the sniper HQ if u want an arguement with that) i used to run 50 ball hoppers and homemade 9 ball hoppers. and what about pumpers? apparently thay got no skill?
i have not broken a single ball when fireing 17bps, only some times at 19bps and alot at 21bps+. this is because the gun is not cycling fast enough. hence this TOPIC, which is what you completly missed. i dont care what your personal opinion is on full auto, i started this TOPIC to find out what would help the guns cycle rate. if you care to argue that the cycle rate is not the problem... I dont!

This is my only gun that has a e-grip. my current collection of guns are a T9 Elete, a Tippmann 98c Pro (which has a double trigger), and (embaresingly) a VL Geneses(first gun)
I have been playing long enough to know what i want. and what i want is a gun that shoots a pound of paint a every second. :laugh:

I dont mind when people make comments on the topic that isn't usefull, but please, all i ask is... "a5 internals, whats best for speed?"

So please dont argue with this reply. only post information that is helpfull, and argue with someones suggestion that you feel is wrong, like Jackson, his replys to any topic are great, even if i disagree with them, he always has tons of info. i understand everyone has a right to free speach, so all i can do is ask.

P.S. acurracy is fine, also the gun weighs so much that there is no recoil, hence no "jumping all over the place".

P.S.S Legato, i must ask, do you by any chance happen to play SpeedBall? because the whole finger walking = Skill, thing has got me wondering just how often do you get out in to the woods?

#20 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

View PostZing, on Oct 12 2009, 02:12 AM, said:

Legato, i used to read on other topics your opinions and thought they where good ones, in some cases i might still, but the advise you have given me here, has put a sour taste in my mouth.
do you really think the abillity to walk a trigger is what shows true skill? dont forget YOU said Whereas properly walking the trigger in semi shows true skill.
and can you walk 30 bps? if not then i want a e-grip. if you can, then it is still a "waste of paint" like you said.

I think using full auto or RT shows zero skill. Any monkey can hold down a trigger and let it spray at max volume. I do not think hosing paint shows considerable skill though, no. But have you ever tried to walk a trigger? Most peopel are lucky to hit 10-12 BPS in semi. No one can get 30 that is human. To fire faster then 12 BPS in semi you have to have some seriously fast fingers, like upped on 5 cans of redbull twitching fast. It takes some skill or serious effort to put out serious bps in semi. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but everyone has one. That is mine. I am not a fan of electros anyways, i sold the only one i owned over a year ago. And have been playing stock class pump exclusively the last 3 years. D: I can't even think of the last time i used a semi or even fired one in chrono. :ninja:

i have not broken a single ball when fireing 17bps, only some times at 19bps and alot at 21bps+. this is because the gun is not cycling fast enough. hence this TOPIC, which is what you completly missed. i dont care what your personal opinion is on full auto, i started this TOPIC to find out what would help the guns cycle rate. if you care to argue that the cycle rate is not the problem... I dont!

I dont mind when people make comments on the topic that isn't usefull, but please, all i ask is... "a5 internals, whats best for speed?"

And i shall tell you, no internal upgrades will help you gain more speed. Internal upgrades in a tippmann are a waste of money. They do nothing. Bolts are useless in them, powertubes are only useful if you broke your stock one. So to answer your questions, Upgrade the cyclone. Internal upgrades do nothing. There have been numerous threads and tests done over the years since they a5 was released. They all shows the stock internals performing the best compared to all aftermarket "upgrades".

A blowback can only cycle as fast as the air source supplying it. So i say again, if you are using CO2, don't even try to get above 20 BPS, it won't happen reliably, co2 is too temperature dependant, and firing fast lowers it's temp in no time, soon you are shooting liquid and your velocity is in the dumper, and your balls will go nowhere or get chopped. If you are using HPA, get a better regulator so that it can keep up.

P.S.S Legato, i must ask, do you by any chance happen to play SpeedBall? because the whole finger walking = Skill, thing has got me wondering just how often do you get out in to the woods?

Ummm actually i play both. I don't like to regulate myself to one style, then you miss out on all the skills the other has to offer. :ninja: I prefer speedball with a pump, cause it's fast and fun and i can get 5x the games in the same time 1 woodsball game is played. But i have no issue going full bore at a scenario or rec game in the woods with my pumps either. High end fast shooting electros do not scare me on either turf. :ninja: I like the challenge. If i go to a field i play the first half of the day in the woods and the second half on the speedball courts. Like i said, limiting yourself to one style of play will only handicap you when you try to play the other. And as was said before, i have been playing stock class pump exclusively the last 3 years. So no, i don't walk the trigger, i just pull it once for every ball that i rock and cock feed. Can't really hammer out BPS when you have to rock and cock, though i have gotten good at doing it while in full run.

I am not trying to fight with you. Just being honest. Take it however you want.

answer in pink, excuse typing flaws, been up 37 hours straight now.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#21 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

View PostZing, on Oct 12 2009, 01:12 AM, said:

thank you Bone37 for the suggestion and ger, Flippy the Wonder Bunny and TheEnd for desputing.

No one can walk 30 bps, the norm is 12-14, 17 is max if you have a lot of practice.

As an ex-paint sniper :P (no ridicuell please, go to the sniper HQ if u want an arguement with that) i used to run 50 ball hoppers and homemade 9 ball hoppers. and what about pumpers? apparently thay got no skill?
Cycle rate doesn't cause chops. If it wasn't cycling fast enough it just wouldn't shoot. It chops because the cyclone is a) very rough on paint and b ) slow. I also find it hard to believe that you are shooting 17, 19, or 21+ bps with a Tippmann A5. If you can get a video of you shooting that fast over a chrono then I'll believe you.

This is my only gun that has a e-grip. my current collection of guns are a T9 Elete, a Tippmann 98c Pro (which has a double trigger), and (embaresingly) a VL Geneses(first gun)
I have been playing long enough to know what i want. and what i want is a gun that shoots a pound of paint a every second. :)
Then an A5 is definitely not the gun you want. There are a whole lot better guns for that.

And we have all answered this question. I am sorry that it isn't the answer you are looking for.

So please dont argue with this reply. only post information that is helpfull, and argue with someones suggestion that you feel is wrong, like Jackson, his replys to any topic are great, even if i disagree with them, he always has tons of info. i understand everyone has a right to free speach, so all i can do is ask.
If you actually stay in the paintball community a few more years you will look back at responses like mine and realize that they are helpful. Honesty is what you need, and honestly a Tippmann A5 is not built for speed without serious modification. Chances are you will waste a lot of money trying to do this.

P.S. acurracy is fine, also the gun weighs so much that there is no recoil, hence no "jumping all over the place".
Not true. It may not have as much recoil as a real gun, but it definately has recoil. Especially at high rates of fire. Shoot a high end spool marker or pump and then tell me that a Tippmann has no recoil.

Ya, I sure do play tournament speedball. Trigger walking =/= skill, but it does take a lot more skill than things like holding down a trigger on full auto. I actually get out into the woods quite often for rec games and scenarios, thank you.

I must ask how much you know about tournament speedball if you think speed equates to skill. There is a whole lot more to it, such as communication, sliding, snap shooting, blind spotting, ghosting, laning, head checking, etc....

#22 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Oct 10 2009, 11:48 PM, said:

No it won't.

A bolt with an internal O ring will help, how could it not?
The O ring keeps any air from escaping out the back of the bolt
therefore... its more efficent.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#23 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

View PostBone37, on Oct 12 2009, 10:15 AM, said:

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Oct 10 2009, 11:48 PM, said:

No it won't.

A bolt with an internal O ring will help, how could it not?
The O ring keeps any air from escaping out the back of the bolt
therefore... its more efficent.

A Tippmann is still dumping the same amount of air out the bolt because of it's design. Putting in a new bolt won't do anything for efficiency. Installing a regulator instead of using the forward velocity adjuster will help efficiency and a few other things though, if you want to make a Tippmann be more efficient (which it will never really be) I would suggest doing that.

#24 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

The front o-ring on the stock bolt already seals when the marker fires, and it holds that seal well after the paintball is on its way. Aftermarket bolts generally offer no noticeable improvement over the stock bolt.

Like mentioned above using a regulator to adjust your velocity rather than the stock adjuster will improve efficiency. If you're cheap you can get similar results by using a spring kit - or better yet a spring kit coupled with a rear velocity adjuster.

Ideally you want your stock front velocity adjuster as open as possible. It works be choking airflow out through the power tube. It's a convenient design, but it also wastes a bit of gas. Without some form of spring-tension velocity adjustment, (or air pressure adjustment via a regulator) changing the velocity on your marker does nothing to effect the amount of gas used per shot.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#25 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

View PostPiller, on Oct 12 2009, 10:55 AM, said:

The front o-ring on the stock bolt already seals when the marker fires, and it holds that seal well after the paintball is on its way. Aftermarket bolts generally offer no noticeable improvement over the stock bolt.

Like mentioned above using a regulator to adjust your velocity rather than the stock adjuster will improve efficiency. If you're cheap you can get similar results by using a spring kit - or better yet a spring kit coupled with a rear velocity adjuster.

Ideally you want your stock front velocity adjuster as open as possible. It works be choking airflow out through the power tube. It's a convenient design, but it also wastes a bit of gas. Without some form of spring-tension velocity adjustment, (or air pressure adjustment via a regulator) changing the velocity on your marker does nothing to effect the amount of gas used per shot.

I wasn't aware that the stock bolt had an internal O ring :P
As I said, the O ring keeps any air from going out the back of the bolt so
maybe its not more efficient but it does make ALL the air go the way its supposed to...
out the front of the bolt.

Hiever... he was asking about speed not efficiency.

This post has been edited by Bone37: 12 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#26 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

thanks for the info Legato. please excuse me for yesterday, i got really bad dial-up internet and it shut down twice in a row while trying to get to this site to chech up on this topic, so by the time i got HERE, after sighning in, i was not in a good mood.

but it works fine now. :angry:

but i still don't want a new gun, it tolk me a fight in the local gun store with the owner to get him to order in a a5 with a e-grip, which he didn't, he orderd in a standerd a5, and a a5 with a paint job that had a e-grip, he refused to take the e-grip out of the painted one and put it in the basic one, and i didn't want to have to pay another $100 bucks for the painted one (excluding cost of the e-grip). so i bought the basic, and orderd the e-grip seperatly. the e-grip came, but only after paying for it did i realize that the armature pin was missing, so back to the store i went with it, and had to ARGUE AGAIN TO MAKE THEM REPLACE THE PIN, a month later they finally got around to it and it was the wrong pin size! now i'm p!$$%#d off. i told him to give me my money back, take the grip, and get it fixed, when they get it done i'll buy it back, i had to practcally go behind the counter and take the money out of the register myself. finally a mounth later it arrives, and for the first time, i get to shoot full auto! :angry:

after all that work i feel attached to this marker. call me crazy, but it's true.

so no, i don't need to shoot that fast. no i don't want to shoot that fast. but why would Tippmann offer a e-grip that can shoot that fast? a marketing scam maybe? i don't know and i don't care. but i'm going to try. maybe someone has gotten a a5 to shoot that fast, or maybe not, maybe i'll be the first (probably not, but o-well.). if i go and by a gun that does shoot like this, will people stop telling to buy a differnt gun? if so, i'm still going to keep this a5 and try to upgrade it to 30bps. so again, call me a crazy, f'd up, s**t for a brain, dumb fart. but i still want the impossable.

#27 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

and no one has to worry about the front bold or power tube, because i am getting a new one, but not for the sake of speed or damage or effeicancy. (please don't ask, it's way off subject.

Ooo. and yes, the cyclone feed is to slow, that is the reason for chopped balls, this i want to upgrade. but only one brand name has come up. any others...?(please list them.)

#28 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=2954344

HERES all the info on all the different powertubes and front bolts

its a test done by Lord Odin of Punkworks
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#29 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Holy facepalm batman. There is no reasoning with you, even after we've explained you will be wasting your money. So have fun with your money pit man.

#30 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

thank you Guy In Digi Camo

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic