• This topic is locked

9/11 Never forget, you inconsiderate Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

So, its the 8th anniversarry of 9/11 tommorow, but I'll be busy today, and wanted to post this up, so I'm doing it now. I didn't really want it to turn into one, but now I'm mad, so its going to be.

What the hell is it with people just kind of ignoring it, because its been 8 years? Are we forgetting that this is the whole reason we're fighting the war right now? Why this was is so important? You can let it become not a momentous deal, when we've won, or at least aren't sending troups over to get shot at because of this anymore.

And, too bad swearing is filtered, or Id rattle off every swear I can think of, is it with people being disrespectful to the dead? "Oh, everyone dies. Stop complaining." Excuse me? When a terrorist kills you or a loved one going about their daily lives, then you can say it doesn't matter, otherwise, keep your FRAGing mouth closed. I dont care if you dont care, I get it, your head is screwed on wrong. That doesnt give you the right to tell people that their feelings are unjustified.

Like any firefighter, I take the brotherhood very, very seriously. When one of our own is lost, fighting a fire or not, its very painful for us. When 343 brothers die, when there was no need for it, we get pissed off. They died being heros, but the thing is, they shouldnt have had to be. Those FRAGing so-called religious people, decided to kill people, and these guys did there best to prevent it. They laid down their lives to save someone elses.

So excuse me, for not respecting your opinion, when you DARE disrespect our heros- police, fire, ems, and military- who would die to save you any day, saying that people 'just die'. Generally speaking, they dont do it to save people, and generally speaking, they dont leave small children at home, wondering why daddy will never come back. Later, knowing its because terrorists decided to kill us because we're different. Then, knowing that theyre complaining because the Koran isnt treated perfectly while theyre in prison. In my opinion, they should be hanged, so they should keep their mouths closed. Maybe an eye for an eye is a good idea. Nuke Iraq because theyre different, and they FRAGed with us, and we're America GOLLY GEE WILIKERS!

As this email put it well:

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was 'desecrated' when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for chopping off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in I raq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques..

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide .

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:
I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-
I don' t care!!

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' -- Ronald Reagan .

'If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under' Also by.. Ronald Reagan

One last thought for the day:
In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of hi s Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said: 'A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in.. And how many want out.'

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1.. Jesus Christ
2..The American G I
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I didn't really want a debate, I just feel very strongly about this. 9/11 was a tragedy, but was no accident. Remember why we are fighting. Remember those who lost their lives. Remember the heroes who helped, whether or not they paid the sacrifices.
God bless our troops, and bring them all home. God be with the families left behind, and help them find piece when we get Osama's head on a stick.

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

It was such a sad day. I remember it clearly. My aunt was driving by one of the towers when the plain hit. Scary...

My prayers are still sent to all the people that passed that day :huh:

#3 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

The men and women of Flight 93 were relegated to a small blurb on page 4A of the Washington Post today.

That's it.

Sickening.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#4 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

I kinda forgot about 9/11 this year since my girlfriend's birthday is on the same day. :huh:

This post has been edited by H3 Proto: 10 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

#5 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

I will admit it snuck up on me.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#6 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

My dad was good friends with the pilot that was in the first airplane to hit the world trade center. they graduated together from Louisiana tech.
My dad who is also a pilot, left from leguardia airport in new york city 14 hours, 45 minutes and 17 seconds before the first plane hit.
That day i was so scared that i might never see him again. At that time, I did not know he had left earlier as mentioned.
Im glad to say he's still here.

Remember 9/11. it hit people hard everywhere.

Great post Becc. Really Hit home. Siemper Fidelis

This post has been edited by pvt. Leonard L. Church: 10 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#7 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

I can't see how anyone could just forget that day. It fundamentally changed our country, and our world.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#8 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

I was in third grade, and I still remember it vividly. First time I'd ever seen my dad cry... they picked me up from school and drove me to the fire station where everyone was praying and watching tv and crying. That was terrible.
The year after was a big deal, but the 3rd year it was like theyd forgotten. Disgusted me, and I was only in 5th grade. Got me a detention for being unusually pissed off that day, if I remember right.
Now, I find out that my college is 'remembering 9/11' by having red white and blue ice cream sundaes for free at lunch? Dont FRAGing think so.

Im a coldhearted bitch, i could care less about death most of the time. But when I care, i care, and dont you FRAGing tell me it isnt deserved.

#9 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostBecc, on Sep 10 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

Im a coldhearted bitch, i could care less about death most of the time. But when I care, i care, and dont you FRAGing tell me it isnt deserved.

I believe we've had a, quite lengthy, conversation about the hypocrisy of this on this forum before on this exact subject. I wish I could find the original topic...
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#10 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

9/11, Never forget, you inconsiderate bastards

And people wonder why this forum is loosing members left and right.
Coming soon.

#11 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

I'm sorry, Becc, but do you think anyone on this forum has forgotten where they were when they first heard our country had been attacked? Asside from the crackpots who are promptly warned and banned, have you seen a member post something disrespectful about law enforcement, first responders, military personnel?

I'm greatful for their service and their willingness to place their lives on the line to protect me. But I don't see how that justifies "Nuke[ing] Iraq because theyre different, and they FRAGed with us, and we're America GOLLY GEE WILIKERS!" How will that make this world more just or peaceful?

I care that my government has tortured people in my name. I care because I care about the principles my country supposedly belives in. That is another reason people want to come here.

The writter of your chain letter is ignorant of the kind of people who are really in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib. Some certainly were murderers and terrorists, and many others were picked up in random sweeps and rounded up by local warlords and turned in for bounty. We won't find justice for the terror we experienced on 9/11 by terrorizing other innocent people.

And really, I don't care that you don't care. You probably don't care that I do care. And I don't care that you don't care that I do care. So there. :usa:
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#12 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

War is hell.

Not taking a side, just making a point -- we've lost Afghanistan anyway.

Summertime Blues

#13 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

I will never forget that day.

I remember exactly where I was.

Freshman year of high school, walking out of woodshop. End of Second period. Walked into math class and it was playing on the TV...fell into my chair in disbelief....the rest is history.

May all those who lost their lives that day, be forever remembered.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#14 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

View PostAshrak, on Sep 10 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

War is hell.

Not taking a side, just making a point -- we've lost Afghanistan anyway.

And when you go to war people will die. You must be prepared for that and willing to accept that. If your cause is not worth the lives that will be lost...find a better cause.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#15 User is offline   ck_stalefish 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ck_stalefish

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostMaDuce, on Sep 10 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

I'm sorry, Becc, but do you think anyone on this forum has forgotten where they were when they first heard our country had been attacked? Asside from the crackpots who are promptly warned and banned, have you seen a member post something disrespectful about law enforcement, first responders, military personnel?

I'm greatful for their service and their willingness to place their lives on the line to protect me. But I don't see how that justifies "Nuke[ing] Iraq because theyre different, and they FRAGed with us, and we're America GOLLY GEE WILIKERS!" How will that make this world more just or peaceful?

I care that my government has tortured people in my name. I care because I care about the principles my country supposedly belives in. That is another reason people want to come here.

The writter of your chain letter is ignorant of the kind of people who are really in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib. Some certainly were murderers and terrorists, and many others were picked up in random sweeps and rounded up by local warlords and turned in for bounty. We won't find justice for the terror we experienced on 9/11 by terrorizing other innocent people.

And really, I don't care that you don't care. You probably don't care that I do care. And I don't care that you don't care that I do care. So there. :usa:

I agree with this moreso than the first post. I do care if we mistreat prisoners, because not all of them hijacked planes and flew them into buildings. It's a fundamental rule that everybody is taught in Kindergarten or in sunday school, if you ever went, and that is treat others how you want to be treated. Our founding fathers wanted America to be the torchbearer for what is good in this world, and I think we should take that to heart. By retaliating at terrorists and other Muslims in unjust ways and using "they started it" as an excuse, we stoop right down to their level.
"The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
T.E. Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users