• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

View PostLegato, on Sep 18 2009, 12:39 AM, said:

View PostShipwreck!, on Sep 17 2009, 11:22 PM, said:

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Sep 17 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

holy pants, that sounds awexome. Do want!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9lnW4VGqVQY

Here's the link to the video, witness the holy pants awesomeness...

then all you have to do is buy an SMG 68 and make a simple mod to the striper clips (so I hear).

Oh, yeah, and buy a pants load of first strike paint.

Your hardest part would be finding stripper clips. That's what makes many SMGs unusable. They have few stripper clips remaining. Most were lost on fields or thrown out by parents. You'd need to find a decent amount (IIRC you could chain 4 together for a20 PB clip). And you'd really and i mean really want to find one of those clipper catchers to catch them as they eject. Cause if not, good luck finding them on the field after a game. Like i said, many were lost that way. The catcher mounts on the eject port of the clips and catches them for you into a little sac/bag.

Dude the striper clips! No I don't know where to find them.

I was thinking a while ago that paintball gun hoppers need to go... 'cause the do, they just get in the way WAYYY too much. No mater how much you don't mind them, or are used to them, you can't argue that having them is better than not: that's just not logical, assuming that you could load just as much ammo without. So I was thinking of a way to get rid of them without sacrificing ammo and I was like:

"Duh! Belt fed paintball gun!" Just like a machine gun but with paintballs, so I started drawing up designs and I came up with a belt that looked almost just like the "stripper clips" except my design was longer of course and had these big hooks for pulling it through.

Anyway, I started hearing about this SMG .68 just a few days ago, I looked it up found pics of those stripper clips! It was really disapointing to find that it's already been done, but also very exciting to find that... it's already been done! 'Cause I would have no idea how to make it myself, no desire to give it to some major corporation who wouldn't pay me for the idea, and a big company probably wouldn't even listen to me if I I did.

But that's what they need to do, make a new and imporved version of the SMG 68 with 100 ball "stipper clips" aka ammo belts, that fit into ammo boxes. Added bonus, if you get someone to load for you, you could provide constant suppresive fire until you run out of air: everytime a box starts running low, just clip a new 100 round belt to the end of the one you're shooting, no gap in the firing, basically you can reload before you run out.

Then, gone would be the dark ages of the big ugly boxes that cause'd jams 'cause you were shooting faster than gravity could feed, and the big ugly stupidly expensive boxes that shot paintballs down with electronic wheels that broke 'cause the electronics couldn't handle the abuse of paintball, and who's batteries died in the middle of games. Big ugly boxes that blocked the shooter's veiw resulting in you getting gogged because opposing players were hiding behind your own gun! Big ugly boxes that blocked sights, blocked access tor carry handles, and took up valuable real estate where a tactical flashlight could have been mounted!

My fellow paintballers... I have a dream!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

lol wow! You actually had me thinking we should get rid of hoppers!

#18 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

So I gather from the skirt design of these rounds they have to be oriented in the barrel nose first. So you would need something like a breach loading marker. I could see something like this made in a pump design, pull the pump handle back which slides a cover off the breach, drop in a first strike, the slide the pump handle forward which pushes a powertube forward seating the FS and covering the breach, then fire with a 12 gram. I could see a marker like this working for a true 1 shot 1 kill sniperm keep a pistol for backup should you have an opportunity for an ambush on a small squad. This to me would perfectly fit the definition of a sniper.

#19 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

View PostGravdigr, on Oct 6 2009, 09:01 PM, said:

So I gather from the skirt design of these rounds they have to be oriented in the barrel nose first. So you would need something like a breach loading marker. I could see something like this made in a pump design, pull the pump handle back which slides a cover off the breach, drop in a first strike, the slide the pump handle forward which pushes a powertube forward seating the FS and covering the breach, then fire with a 12 gram. I could see a marker like this working for a true 1 shot 1 kill sniperm keep a pistol for backup should you have an opportunity for an ambush on a small squad. This to me would perfectly fit the definition of a sniper.

Simply put, to use First Strike rounds, the projectile needs to be loaded into the marker nose first. How you do that is up to you.

One video on YouTube shows someone using a sniper or Autococker and simply removing the bolt to slide the projectile in through the breech end. This is great for markers with a quick-pull bolt (PPS Pyre/Blazer, Ego etc) but leaves others out.

The other option is a magazine that lines up all the rounds like an actual rifle magazine - single file, one on top of the other.

Something like a CCI Phantom would be a good candidate for this as you can remove the feed system and bolt on something else, like a First Strike adapter. There are MANY mods documented in paintball forums on how to mod a Phantom for various feeds.

Heck, if you're lazy, cheap or poor, you wouldn't even need a feed system - just cut the feed port and load one at a time, by hand.
All you'd have to do to a Phantom is Dremel-out the feed port to fit the First strike fins (capital "D" shaped port, flat side at the back).

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users