Special Ops Paintball: Revolutionaries! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revolutionaries! The upcoming scenario from Invictus Paintball! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

My Honorable Opponent has the opening shot in this little Melee-to-be... Please feel free to contact me if you would like to fight with the Colonials... I am also in need of a good Scout; one who is familiar with the terrain at Forest's Forest... This person will be someone who has played there multiple times and has been successful. To the winning applicant I will grant the name of "Hawkeye LongRifle" or "Simon Kenton" and confer the title of "First Indian Scout". This person will be granted special missions and roles in my newly forming army. Apply Within... As I have not specifically tried to recruit any specific individual, I believe this lives up to the spirit of our Gentleman's Agreement. Now, should we colonist's fight under the Cowpen's Flag, the Gadsden Flag, the original Stars & Bars or the Vermont Flag? Lord Cornwallis (JKR), surrender now and I will allow you to retain your sword and colors!

With Regards, your most humble servant,

General J.D. Washington
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#17 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

The Americans didn't win by playing by British rules!! Fight them with whatever means at your disposal and do not be led into an open decisive battle until you have the advantage!!
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#18 User is offline   FireEMSisLife 

• Ohio CPPA Board Member
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FireEMSisLife

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

General J.D. Washington
:P It Would Be My Honor to Serve Alongside You in Battle Again. :panzer: We Should Fight Under the Gadsden Flag! :panzer:
Matthew "Hillbilly" Rausenberg
Ohio CPPA -- Ohio Fireproof
Ohio EMT-B -- KD8OEG

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   EL TORO 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Godsdog

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:21 AM

Well I must say that I am going to try and make this game.

I see that no-one has declared allegiance to anyone yet so let me be the first.

After much debate and thinking, no not really, I am going to have to declare my allegiance to...

Shadowjackel!!!

Sorry JKR but The Urban Guard has to stick together. LOL

#20 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 3 2009, 09:50 PM, said:

The Americans didn't win by playing by British rules!! Fight them with whatever means at your disposal and do not be led into an open decisive battle until you have the advantage!!

Never fear I am a follower of Nathanial Green & the Green Mountain Boys! We shall fight honorably, but smarter than in the Old Country... As Andrew Jackson said at the Battle of New Orleans, "Don't shoot til' you see the whites of their eyes!".

FireEMS and El Toro, good to have you and welcome aboard! We shall make plans to travel together closer to the day.

The Gadsden Flag? Very cooll, but I must say I really like the Cowpens Flag...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#21 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

View PostEL TORO, on Sep 4 2009, 06:21 AM, said:

Andrew take note how members of a team stick together...

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#22 User is offline   EL TORO 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Godsdog

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 4 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

Frodo you are just jelious cause Andrew did such a great Job for us at Biblical Battles. Thats All

#23 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:29 AM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 4 2009, 12:19 PM, said:

Team? I thought we are a loose affiliation of men who live in the same geographic area... :(

It takes a good, solid fellow to oppose his friends in a game to make sure that both sides are balanced and have fun. I am sure that I had a little influence on Andrew's decision at Biblical Battles but we were both on the same page from the start. On the ride up, we talked about our allegiance but determined that we would go to the opposing side if it appeared that we might be needed. Plus, my good friend Shadowjackal was counting on me! As it turned out, our team needed more than Andrew and I had to give...

Darn, I should have brought that plague of locusts with me!
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#24 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

C'mon....

I need some redcoats with me! Sure, history paints us as the villians but hey, someone's gotta be the "bad guys"! And think of it, all day long and without remorse you can use that really bad British accent you have been practicing.

Besides, you don't really want to be under the leadership of Shadowjackal, do you??? :)

Come on over to the dark side...we have cookies!
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#25 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hmm...Doesn't sound like this "gentlemen's agreement" is going to solid. How long until this officially breaks? Till war breaks out between the "friendly generals"...I look forward to chaos... Mua hahahah! By the way...I just got my new mac today...I am very excited about it...I'm going to do some research and I will reply to those of you who sent me pm's soon. Take it easy!
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#26 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 4 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

Brian,

Take note of how the team treats each other as well =P.

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#27 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

Alright. So I've had a couple of people ask me about flags, uniforms, and the whatnot. Most likely I'm going to try to obtain red and blue duct tape to distinguish teams...I'll give you two guesses which team is which color...Anyways...There's also been some interest brought forth about flags...And thinking about Biblical Battles...and the revolutionary war...I've decided that I might have a CRAZY idea...tell me if you guys go for this or not.

Each team could be designated a "flag bearer" for each game. The flag is simply for morale...(I've been reflecting on some hollywood influenced battles). However, if a flag was stolen in any game from another team it could be a point bonus. Such as for example...

Flag bearer goes out...he gets shot...His team-mate picks it up...gets shot...third guy does it...lasts the game...no penalty...

Or... Flag bearer is shot...buddy shot after picking it up...other team manages to grab the flag...that team gains points for retrieving that flag.

(Plus if you're crafty you can take the flag and use it as bait for some prey)...

I think it seems like a fun idea...Was wondering what you guys thought of it...If it was too gimicky...If you wanted to have it without a penalty...or have it with a penalty...or etc...

This post has been edited by AsphyxiateHeart: 05 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

#28 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

I like the Idea Andrew. Good stuff!

#29 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Alright...NEW SCENARIO UP!!!

BATTLE OF GERMANTOWN

On September 22nd, Howe managed to outflank Washington and make his way into Philadelphia. Nevertheless, Washington was not willing to allow Howe to remain in Philadelphia unmolested. Early on the morning of October 4th, Washington's troops attacked the British troops in Germantown. There were 8,000 troops bivouacked there, and Washington's plans called for a simultaneous attack by four converging forces. The Americans were supposed to attack without firing, but shooting broke out very quickly from both sides. The air around Germantown that early October morning was laden with a fog so thick that American troops soon began to attack each other accidently. Coordination between the various attacking forces became impossible. As American forces fired on one another, Howe counterattacked. The initiative moved to the British and the American forces were forced to withdraw. Once again, the American forces were defeated. However, the army was still intact, even after a fierce struggle with the British.

This will be a game using flags...The Americans will have to take the Brittish flag...The americans will be split up into four groups...but...Hmm...How else can I recreate this scene...I havn't the FOGGIEST idea...I had a thought but it quickly left me as I saw a no SMOKING sign nearby...And started to think about why people SMOKE...

Any questions feel free to ask!

(Also if you have concerns with the scenario or how the games are being set up...feel free to throw out ideas!)

#30 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

View PostAsphyxiateHeart, on Sep 5 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Hmm...Doesn't sound like this "gentlemen's agreement" is going to solid. How long until this officially breaks? Till war breaks out between the "friendly generals"...I look forward to chaos... Mua hahahah! By the way...I just got my new mac today...I am very excited about it...I'm going to do some research and I will reply to those of you who sent me pm's soon. Take it easy!

Are you calling my Worthy Opponent's and my Honor into question, Sir? Despite my Most Noble Adversary's insinuations of my leadership, I know him to be a Man of Honor, as am I... Despite JKR's misguided Loyalty to a Tyrant a thousand miles away he will conduct himself as a Gentleman; and I am honor-bound to do the same... Careful with your clever quips, Sir, or it might become a point of Honor... :P

Now, to Business: I like your idea of the Flags being worth points. I think that this should only be possible once per game/battle for both sides... I am willing to purchase the flag for my team (it seems people are liking the Gadsden Flag) are any Brits willing to pick up the tab for the British colors?

Andrew, I am awaiting your PM and have a few more ideas to throw out to you...

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users