• You cannot reply to this topic

Thinking of a new gun Getting tired of co2 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

I have a couple friends who are pretty good on their gear. The G3 goes down every time they go out to play. tear down, clean and lube and it runs fine.
To me that seems like an awful lot o work everytime they play.

these guys do not even shoot a case when they go out. Sad really.

With they '06 Cyborg you can easily shoot 6 to 10 thousand rounds of paint between internal cleanings.
We had a Droid on the team go 8 months without a tear down...about 30 cases of paint...now that is user friendly!

I speak of MacDev because that is what I have the most experience with.

In the past I ran Intimidators. those honestly needed a tear down and lube about ever 3 to 6 thousand rounds depending on the playing conditions. i typically played scenario and shot two cases a weekend so I cleaned those after every scenario.

Anywho...I have never seen any real good performance out of mid priced guns either in the ease of use or on field functioality.
the new tacticle Drone being released by MacDev I have high hopes for since it is modeled after the Droid and RX to produce a inexpensive performance gun..but it has yet to be released so I have no real data on it nor will I for a couple months. That will give us time to abuse it and test it.
What I do know from the prototype testing I have been privy too...the bloody thing is tough and fast. And that is all I am allowed to say at this point. sigh. *insert ball gag here to stop my line of thought*

#32 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

I'm going to say take the G3 off the list, I don't have alot of problems with the gun but it seems to be a general problem. I'll step down from this argument, well not really argument discussion. It seems my knowledge is beaten in this subject by yours, and I respect that. :D
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#33 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

I dont know, personally i haven't used any of them ( sept an SLG which is coming in a few days), but i have this feeling, and i don't mean to force on anyone, this is just a personal feeling.

I honestly would rather have a 200-300$ New SLG than buy a used 07 borg or mini for the same price or a bit more. Will it get out performed by them? Depends on the player. Will it be any easier to clean? Again, depends on how well you get to know your gun. Will it have the same consistency? Perhaps not, but it has been nearly 3 years, so even cheaper high ends might come "close" to the older ones that were twice that price or more in their days.

Again, personal opinion, but i would rather have something brand new, out-of-the-box, and be able to break it in myself (plus really, don't you like the feeling of buying something brand new that you saved personal money for?), than buy something off of someone else that i have never tested/seen. Maybe how they used it was different than yours will be? Maybe they liked to throw a case of paint down-field in under a minute, but your the conservative type, so you might prefer the gun to operate at a better consistency at a slower bps.*

*i dont know whether or not that can actually come into play, but it seems to me that it would, as it would get broken into a style of play, and may not be able to be changed without getting new parts and doing a personal break in/

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 02 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#34 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

If it didn't appear he is actually looking for an awesome gun, I would say due to what I've read on his playing style, and how much he plays I'd almost tell him to get an seriously upgraded tippmann 98 custom, e-grip, double trigger, new hopper and HPA. But that's me, and yes new guns are so much more awesome....but there isn't any real problem with getting a used gun, and in a way, see I can still out perform alot of guns using my pump, or a rental gun when I'm reffing, because skill out does the gun, a DM9 or Cyborg would be awesome, but it's not going to do you anygood to if you don't have any skill to back it up.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#35 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostPrivate Silver, on Sep 2 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

I honestly would rather have a 200-300$ New SLG than buy a used 07 borg or mini for the same price or a bit more. Will it get out performed by them? Depends on the player. Will it be any easier to clean? Again, depends on how well you get to know your gun. Will it have the same consistency? Perhaps not, but it has been nearly 3 years, so even cheaper high ends might come "close" to the older ones that were twice that price or more in their days.

That's the idea I used to have as well. Then I bought used, and realized that it's a much better deal for the money.

I wouldn't buy ALL my future markers used, but with high end tourney guns (and yes, they will out-perform the SLG, and some would be easier to clean), they lose their value so quickly for the most part that $300 can get you pretty far in the used market. More money would be better, but value wise, pound for pound, you can't beat used. I did miss breaking my Borg in. But then after I fixed it, it was shooting like +/-3 all summer so I mean I really can't complain.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#36 User is offline   Yazel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Yazel

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

If you thought about sacrificeing the stock, The Smart-Parts SP-8 would be a good choice. If you dont feel like foregoing the stock, the AGD 1 is a good choice. A little pricy though. A link to the SP-8: http://www.smartparts.com/#/sp-8/home/ Sorry, I couldnt find a good link to the AGD 1.

#37 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

View PostYazel, on Sep 7 2009, 08:26 PM, said:

If you thought about sacrificeing the stock, The Smart-Parts SP-8 would be a good choice. If you dont feel like foregoing the stock, the AGD 1 is a good choice. A little pricy though. A link to the SP-8: http://www.smartparts.com/#/sp-8/home/ Sorry, I couldnt find a good link to the AGD 1.

You mean the AGD Tac-One? AGD's site is www.airgundesignsusa.com.

Don't get an SP8.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#38 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

View PostYazel, on Sep 7 2009, 07:26 PM, said:

Ummm... are you talking about the tac one? And if you are then you are wrong, the sp8 has the stock and the tac one doesn't. Also, don't buy an sp8, they are just an ion with a cheap plastic body. Just buy an ion if you are going to go down that route.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#39 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

while i disagree with them on the quality of the sp8's body, they are right. its an ion in a shell. if u planned on going that route, save $150 and buy yourself an ion. then get upgrades.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#40 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

A Tac One is a great option but I am little confused on why u want to get a different gun when the gun u have already is awsome and that runs on HPA....

You choose to whatever but it seems a little odd to me when you already have a nice gun.... :happy:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users