• You cannot reply to this topic

Thinking of a new gun Getting tired of co2 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Dusty1 

• Team Titans
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dusty1

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Things can happen,to any brand equipment,if you land wrong,or misjudge a solid bunker,or some sort of obsticle...These just dont happen to planet eclispe stuff only...As stated,you can find used highends for your price range if you put in the time to locate them.I've seen 08 egos go for 500 bucks as there is a couple on the Nation right now as we speak....Borgs,Droids,Egos,Dm's,Pms,about any flavor you could ask for,anything from 05s up to 08's.Now I'm not going to sit here and bash any other brands equipment,such as DP...but the performance of the G3 is not quite on the same level as any of the mentioned types.One thing you have to remember is that if you do go to a higher end type marker,the temptation to shoot more paint is more than likely going to happen,and depending on how much you spend when you go play....you could be off the field fairly quick,by shooting out all your paint fast. Not saying that you will spray down the entire field here,just reminding you of the temptation.

I play rec-ball and alot of Viper Scenario events,and I use either my Ocean SL8R,or my Cold Steel Sl8R. To some they may think,"why bring a big dollar" marker into that style of play...for me,it's like stated,I like being able to shoot 1700+balls off a fill on a 68/45 hpa tank,I like to be able to get breaks on people in the first shot or so,meaning very accurate,dependable,ease of maintance...thats what a highend gets you.As for Eteks,great little markers,some of the same quailties as it's big brother the Ego.They are light,comfortable in the hand,plus they flat out shoot money.I would in my opinion,much rather spend 300-500 bucks on a highend,just for the mentioned features,than 300+ on a G3 or SLG. But each of those are good little markers in their own,just the quality is not there.
Cold Steel SL8R - Midnight Stealth SL94-
www.titanspaintball.com MVT 2009 Viper RTS Sherwood Forest

#17 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostDusty1, on Aug 11 2009, 12:37 AM, said:

Things can happen,to any brand equipment,if you land wrong,or misjudge a solid bunker,or some sort of obsticle...These just dont happen to planet eclispe stuff only...As stated,you can find used highends for your price range if you put in the time to locate them.I've seen 08 egos go for 500 bucks as there is a couple on the Nation right now as we speak....Borgs,Droids,Egos,Dm's,Pms,about any flavor you could ask for,anything from 05s up to 08's.Now I'm not going to sit here and bash any other brands equipment,such as DP...but the performance of the G3 is not quite on the same level as any of the mentioned types.One thing you have to remember is that if you do go to a higher end type marker,the temptation to shoot more paint is more than likely going to happen,and depending on how much you spend when you go play....you could be off the field fairly quick,by shooting out all your paint fast. Not saying that you will spray down the entire field here,just reminding you of the temptation.

I play rec-ball and alot of Viper Scenario events,and I use either my Ocean SL8R,or my Cold Steel Sl8R. To some they may think,"why bring a big dollar" marker into that style of play...for me,it's like stated,I like being able to shoot 1700+balls off a fill on a 68/45 hpa tank,I like to be able to get breaks on people in the first shot or so,meaning very accurate,dependable,ease of maintance...thats what a highend gets you.As for Eteks,great little markers,some of the same quailties as it's big brother the Ego.They are light,comfortable in the hand,plus they flat out shoot money.I would in my opinion,much rather spend 300-500 bucks on a highend,just for the mentioned features,than 300+ on a G3 or SLG. But each of those are good little markers in their own,just the quality is not there.

No doubt that the G3 won't perform as well, but its still accurate, dependable, and very easy to maintain. It really depends on how much you're willing to spend. I just think that if you're only going to play rec, something like the G3 will perform well enough that you don't feel that you need more.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#18 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

Yea, an Etek is what I recommended. Planet Eclipse just makes amazing products.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#19 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

Might look ugly....but it would be a solid performer.
'06 Cyborg...$275

You should get a case of paint plus of a 68/45. Very little recoil. Light weight.

#20 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, Borgs are nice... besides the scratches though, I always thought 06s look beast.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#21 User is offline   Mr.Flint 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

Looking at what you want from a marker, i frankly fail to see a good reason to ditch the SP-1

It works just great with HPA (im not sure why you even think of it as co2 marker)
Its light, easy to tech, can be upgraded with a stock, and other useful or useless features

#22 User is offline   gunhand 

• gunhand
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunhand

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

borgs are good guns(and I have seen ones on here that had bent frames), but I prefer the way EGO's shoot. I have had several egos, my favorite being my 05 mantis.

From personal experience buying an older high end is a better decision than buying a new low end gun. Sure a g3 is all new and shiny, but it was never designed as that companies top end flagship marker. Where as a dm6 or a EGO6 were designed as DYE and Planet Eclipse top of the line best-of-the -best markers, which means thay were designed for the rigors of extended tourney play and reduced maintenance. Like I said I have had a few egos and I have had fewer ball chops(as in none) in them than in my a5 or in my mag or any other gun. What can I say, I am a huge fan of PE guns!
WVU Tech Mechanical Engineering. Class of (should be 2009, but its not!)

Specops Feedback

FBM KRUSHER E-COCKER FS, NEED MONEY FOR SCHOOL

#23 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

View PostMr.Flint, on Aug 12 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

Looking at what you want from a marker, i frankly fail to see a good reason to ditch the SP-1

It works just great with HPA (im not sure why you even think of it as co2 marker)
Its light, easy to tech, can be upgraded with a stock, and other useful or useless features

I have to agree with Mr. Flint here. Trading one low end marker for another is a waste of time and resources. An SP-1 is a great low-end marker and it fits your playing style and needs. If you want to move up as some of my friends and myself have over the years than I would first answer the question of poppet vs spool. Spools are quieter and smoother while poppets are easier to maintain and more efficient. If you are looking at a mid-range marker than you should also get used to the idea of air on gun as your stock (with tank cover). Instead of looking down the top of your barrel to line up a target you look down the side. Its like using a mouse vs controler in a first person shooter. Once you get used to it its just plain better. Than choose a solid company and do your research. Bob Long, Planet Eclipse and DYE are all solid performers with grade A tech support in my experience. Purchasing 'used' is the way to go as I have seen ETEKs and Proteges go for around $400 or less and down the road you can always upgrade them in case you want to play more tourney ball or just tear up woodsball a little more. I would recommend poppet over spoolie as they are very simple to maintain and in woodsball that is a big bonus along with their efficiency which you will need for outlaw play. These are just some examples as I'm sure there are other good mid-level markers to choose from as well.

This post has been edited by Frodo: 21 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#24 Guest_Biarmaren_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

thinking of getting another gun, been looking at 2 guns one is the taurus millenium pro and the other is xd9. 140 difference in price but what the heck, i,m swaying toards the xd9. comments and opinions please.

ray = the adopted Buckeye

ps... never had so much fun buying guns

#25 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

consider keeping the SP-1, get a double trigger (do they make blade triggers for it?) and get a blackheart board. (100.00)

best of both worlds.

And if you really want to buy a different marker, stay away from the SLG, ive had terrible luck with them (so have ALOT of other people) get a used marker, something that is 3-4 years old, the performance will be the same and it will rip just like a new one.

I personally like Eteks, they share the same internal components as an Ego (minus the QEV's) and are very reasonably priced, I just picked up a nice used Etek with ups for 250.00

if you can wait untill after world cup (October), markers will start to drop alittle.. best time to buy.

#26 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

My cousin has an SP-1. I shot it this past weekend... damn, you can really rip that thing! And he was getting crazy good consistency, even with co2. Just saying... I was impressed. Those aren't bad little markers at all, I'm thinking about asking him to trade markers for a game next time we play -- I was that impressed. And I hate SP.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#27 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:59 AM

I'm not a fan of SP either (poor customer service and the Shocker NXT...enough said) but the SP-1 is a little tiger and can perform rather well when taken care of as we have one in our group which takes a good beating but keeps on trucking.
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#28 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

For $500 you can get a lot of gun, now honestly I would suggest staying away from an actual mislim gun. Getting a quailty speedball marker will still work just fine in the woods, I see players bring a nice gun into the woods all the time and it works no worse, only thing you might not want to get a hot pink or bright blue marker. Might stick out a bit. Check out Dangerous Power G3 iq marker, it's only about $300 and with the extra money get a Ninja HPA tank, 50/4500 is an awesome sized tank costs $150.00, but definetly worth it. Get a nice hopper, if you really want you could go as high as a Rotor, it sounds like you are willing to put a bit out for paintball. If not you could try getting an eclipse they are all nice (Ego, geo, SL94, Etek) but will cost alot more, might want to look at one second hand.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#29 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

I have had and seen some consistant problems with the G3. Seems that it needs more regular cleaning and lubing than most mid priced guns due to the design.

I just can not reccomend something that needs that much work to keep operational to players.

I too would still recomend going the route of high end guns that are a few years old.
Dm, Ego, Cyborg, etc. You may need to repair a few things here and there but overall you are going to have a far better gun for the money than any of the mid priced rigs out there.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 02 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

#30 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Sep 2 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

I have had and seen some consistant problems with the G3. Seems that it needs more regular cleaning and lubing than most mid priced guns due to the design.

I just can not reccomend something that needs that much work to keep operational to players.

I too would still recomend going the route of high end guns that are a few years old.
Dm, Ego, Cyborg, etc. You may need to repair a few things here and there but overall you are going to have a far better gun for the money than any of the mid priced rigs out there.

ahh true, I sometime forget to figure in wether or not a player will have the time/patience to clean and lube a marker. If it is well maintained it is a good marker, but it is a bit more time consuming then some others.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users