Special Ops Paintball: Canadians for OK D-Day 2010 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canadians for OK D-Day 2010 Third time's the charm (Not that first and second didn't work Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

Alright, Canadians, we've made a hell of a showing for the last few years at D-Day, and we're looking to make it even better this year.

OK D-Day, for those that don't know, is the world's largest annual scenario game, featuring between 3000 and 4000 players spread over one of the largest fields in the sport. It is also one of the few WWII-based scenario games that actually recognizes the contribution of the Commonwealth countries, with several Canadian units (Who also make a hell of an impact in the game as well).

There's a few updates for both units and transportation for 2010.

For starters, the Commonwealth is reviving a new unit for 2010: The Royal Winnipeg Rifles, who will deploy alongside the Canadian Scottish Infantry on Sword Beach this year, in anticipation of some changes to the point structure for 2010 and, hopefully, more importance placed on Sword Beach. Already, we have the Glen Morris Mercenaries, one of Canada's best-known and most successful scenario teams, looking to form the core of the new RWR, but we still need more people.

As for transportation, there are now two convoys planned for Ontario, and one for Winnipeg. The first Ontario convoy will likely head down June 11th or 12th, leaving from Toronto and hitting up major cities in between (KW-area, London, Windsor, ect), the other is largely composed of the Grey Rangers, leaving from Owen Sound a few days later. The Winnipeg convoy also leaves the 12th.

Interested parties, regardless of side, should register on D-Day Commonwealth and contact either GOD (Toronto convoy), Walster (Owen Sound) or Tac-One (Winnipeg). We'll take anybody from any side who comes with money-but you may be subjected to 15 hours of why you should join the Commonwealth instead. :laugh:

#2 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

The Commonwealth will also have a Common Kitchen/DFAC again this year, if you have any questions relating to this, I will be more than happy to answer them to whatever extent I can at the time, as I am the 2nd in charge of the DFAC this year.

Also, I'm sure Sir Ray will do the CONEX renting again as it was quite a success last year with the renting of...4? or was it 5 CONEXs?

#3 User is offline   jason69 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

Im interested in play on the CW side for 2010. Im from Ottawa and would be interested in joining a convoy headed down there.

#4 User is offline   Special Operator 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mercutio

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

I am not liking the fact that this is smack dab in the middle of my exams *sighs* maybe 2013 after i graduate

#5 User is offline   Commish 

• sXe Commish
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

View Postjason69, on Aug 18 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

Im interested in play on the CW side for 2010. Im from Ottawa and would be interested in joining a convoy headed down there.

Jason,

I'll be heading down again from Ottawa for the third year running. If you contact me at the_last_commish@hotmail.com or register at www.ddaycommonwealth.com I'll set you up in a Canadian unit and find you a vehicle to travel in. You may also have the option of travelling with me depending on our convoy arrangements.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users