• You cannot reply to this topic

Pneumag When money allows... Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Morden79

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on the electro-pneumag yet. I know I want to do one of the two, however Wardenwolf makes an interesting point. With a good conversion, I probably really wouldn't need a board or solenoid. It would be nice, as I could have ramping settings were I to need them (or want to play with them in my back yard or outlaw), however they are not an absolute must. Honestly, I just want to be able to walk this thing similar to an electro, enough to get some paint down range if I need to. Electronic pull, however, may be lighter. After all, all you would be pressing is a little electronic switch. That is exactly what this Ego had I shot a few days ago, and it was solid gold to walk. However, I have played with a pneumag before, and they really can be light enough to do the same exact thing with a good conversion.

Either way I will probably mounting a Palmers Micro-Rock on the left side of the bottomline ASA (will require me to invest in a new ASA, but oh well, its worth it). I want to use a micro-rock, they are very nice LPRs and when it comes to a mod like this, it would probably be best to use a really dependable LPR, as if that breaks the marker will no longer fire. I will probably do it exactly like as pictured above. I may even buy a CP ASA, as they make pretty good On/Off ASAs. If I go the standard pneumag route, I will no longer have a marker safety, as I will probably be installing double trigger stops from Luke's Customs afterward. The ability to turn off AND bleed the entire marker (including the LPR) will be a must for safety in my book. I never liked having to get rid of a safety in the first place, but there are alternative measures to safety, just like on an electro. As long as I can disengage the firing mechanism, we would be fine.

In all honesty, I think I am gonna have to renege on the ectro-pneumag mod. Perhaps I will in the future with more funding, but I just don't feel like learning pneumatics AND electronics all in one project. Perhaps if I get this electrician's apprenticeship I am shooting for, I will learn how to circuit my own stuff and get it all rigged up, but I would need a lot of help with an electro mod. That being said, lets stick to Pneumag for now, as I can always make electro-pneumag lowers some other time. As far as pneumag goes, my biggest problem with this whole thing, its kinda confusing. I got the concept of exactly how this much be done, but I am confused beyond confused as to what parts to use. Phish has a very good list of parts here, however some parts, such as the Fabco MSV-1 vs. MSV-2 I have no knowledge of and no clue which ones would be better for the shortest and lightest trigger pull. One could even use a Clippard SMAV-3, but I have no clue what the differences are. Also, the actuator end of this is a little confusing. So with the actuator I should be getting all the internals as well, correct? Should be the main piece, the spring, possibly a washer, and a delrin bolt correct? Or does it come with a ram as well? I see luke's customs has 3/8's MPA-3 Rams, but are those a good size, or would I need to make them longer or shorter? Shorter I can do on my own easy, I can get it all tuned up and ripping paint, but longer is a custom order of some type or some sort of drill/tap/nut modification that I would like to plan ahead for if I have to do it. Also, QEVs. Would you suggest one or no? I'm not exactly sure what the point of one is, I know it ports air, but thats about it. As you can see I need a little more knowledge before I can set this up.

So yeah, so far I'm pretty set on a left side bottomline mounted Mini-rock, and doing a regular pneumag conversion. Thats about it. Any suggestions, tips, or anything else that could set me in the right direction?

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 12 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

Speedball + Woodsball = True Paintball. Let us all support paintball unity!
Automaggot #5 All about Automags

#17 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

I used an inline Lapco slide check for my safety. Did the job nicely. The Lapco slide checks last nearly forever, and can be rebuilt with standard tank o-rings, so they're the best bet. Note that there's technically no reason any marker can't have a safety, even a PneuMag. You just have to get a little bit inventive and maybe have access to a machine shop. What you do is design it so the trigger can overtravel forwards, but this overtravel can be blocked at the top by a rotating lever on the frame. To engage the safety, you'd rotate the lever to allow overtravel, then engage the safety. Any additional slack can be taken up by a very weak spring.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#18 User is offline   going_home 

• Hebrews 13:8
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

Yet to be released but its coming soon I believe from AGD or possibly Tunaman.
It is to have all holes predrilled for the do it yourself guy to make a sleeper pneumag frame.

Beemer said:

Tapped holes, mounting spots, trig that is magnet mod ready etc....

Taken from this thread on AO (all the latest stuff is there like lots more pics, and some comments) :

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread....age=1&pp=30

This is the next big thing, easy do it yourself pneu-frames for the machining-challenged (like me heheh).

B)

This post has been edited by going_home: 15 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users