Special Ops Paintball: FN2000/ION - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FN2000/ION WIP/journal

#16 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quick update- I've decided to use an A5 internally- less putzing around with it, and it needs fewer parts. More pics later
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#17 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

blu tack test fitting of the innards- I had to cut out some internal bracing to fit the ASA, and I need to go in and cut the conduit for the feed tube and cut out the feed tube hole and the internal bracing to fit the Breech and firing can.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Testing fit- The remote, in this case, runs from the reg, which is seated on my vest in a sidecar pouch- In this case, a lot like funky Diver's F2000, Partly because I can't figure out how to mount the reg internally, and Because, this way, f some one jacks it, It'll blow everything in the gun. heh. Though, hopefully, that won't happen.

Posted Image

Remote nipple fit. I kinda had a problem cutting the Hole for it, so it's a bit sloppy. I'll clean up OK with some two part modlling putty, I think- or shapelock.

Next is ordering a DW hollowpoint and new Killa detents, and running a linkage arm for the Trigger to the microswitch, and drilling out the Hole for the on/off button.

#18 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

last one for today.

Posted Image

The breech and can all fit in there now, all my cuts done, and I've got the Barrel in there just to make sure I don't have to do any cuts on the body for it- thankfully, I don't. I need a barrel that's a bit longer than the stock ion barrel, lol, I'm thinking hammerhead or CP, probably. Had to make 2 cuts into the internal bracing to route the hose for the ASA and the wires for the battery connector. I've got to cut some soft padding so the battery stays snug in there, and I've got to waterproof the whole thing- I'm tempted to put a peice of vinyl across the two "vents" in the butt before i go in and build the brackets for the Breech and can- just because I'm not 100% sure I want to mount the body in there with anything like epoxy or glue.

Posted Image

there's the barrel, sticking out of the body a little, coming out to just past the trigger- so probably a good 6 to 8 inches shorter than it needs to be. fortunately, it's mostly flat and level- and most importantly, it all fits. It's just off centered a little, I think, but that'll be solved with Shapelock, I think- or two part sculptors putty.

I still need to cut out the old barrel section, and re-mount the foregrip. and, of course, I need to cut a hole for the feedneck- and then dial in the regulator and electronics (which is gonna be a bear, the triggerpull on the body is A LOT longer than the pull on the ion, so I'm not sure how I want to do that- probably just put up something to block the trigger at a certain point and build a linkage arm out of a wire hangar, lol.

anyway, that's it for tonight.

#19 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

you could try the smartparts tac barrel. i think its 21 inches (not sure but some where in that area) looks good tho
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#20 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

I like the idea of having the reg on your back instead of inside the gun. I didn't think of that when I built my P90, I made the reg fit...
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#21 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Jul 10 2009, 04:15 PM, said:

you could try the smartparts tac barrel. i think its 21 inches (not sure but some where in that area) looks good tho

I was thinking that or a deathstix 24" barrel...

I'm kidding. the tac barrel and the tac front for the Freak kit are what I was looking at, alongside hammerhead barrels (too short) and CP barrels

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Jul 10 2009, 04:45 PM, said:

I like the idea of having the reg on your back instead of inside the gun. I didn't think of that when I built my P90, I made the reg fit...

thanks, but I can't take credit for the idea- Funky diver did his with the reg located off marker, and after looking at the space I had to work with, for this marker, it made the most sense.

#22 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

so, another pictureless update. I figured out a way to shoehorn the Reg into the marker, which means I'll have to move the battery. I have a plan for that, of course- I plan to house it in the mag with a modified pair of Airsoft battery connectors between the marker and the mag. it should actually be really cool if i can get it right. I've gotta saw a little more off the reg mount from the stock grip frame, to make it fit correctly, but that's actually not that big of an issue.

I also went out yesterday and purchased a new microswitch from radioshack- it's a lot stronger than the ones usually used for paintball, but that's ok because the airsoft trigger pull is beastly to begin with. I'll be solving that by cutting down the spring, probably, maybe by entirely removing the spring all togther and installing some magnets.

I still need to order a new board, bolt, and detents though. >.< Might try and get the detents or the bolt today, IDK- I only have enough in my account to do this a little at a time.

I'll probably do some more work on it tonight and get some pics up if i can.

#23 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

and the promised pictures...
Posted Image

a more-or-less staging of the mag/battery I'll be using- I've modified a Airsoft mag there (since the real steel actually won't fit into these things T.T) by gutting it, and modified a pair of the battery connectors by removing the clip that holds them togther (since both are going to be hard mounted into the gunbody and mag, and the mag is actually really solid) I deed to solder some longer wires for it and mount the white padding in the mag, and that component is good to go.

I'd actually planned a far more involved battery pack, using another 9v on a toggle switch also mounted in the mag, just in case, but honestly, I'm superparanoid about batteries anyway, and it's being built as an easy change- that is, slide out the bottom plate, remove the padding, pull the battery, put in a new one, and slap the whole mag back in the marker.

Posted Image

a really blurry (sorry) picture of the trigger area, but you can kind of tell what's going on in there. The microswitch is going to be mounted right behind the trigger, And I'll have to remove the microswitch on the board I buy and solder the wire to this one in. that's actually not that bad a project, actually. the wires in there are just for show- I have others I plan to be using. The trigger itself is going to get trimmed a hair and the spring behind it cut back to lighten the pull a little- and I need to figure out how I plan to shorten the pull down to something similar to an ion- as it is, it's kind of like a stiff spyder or BE trigger. (in other words, like a brick)

Posted Image

and a more or less staging job. I'm actually farther behind in the project now than I was at the last set of pictures. you can kind of get the gist of the whole thing here though- the board is going to be changed, and the reg mount trimmed back another inch or so, so it can clear the exterior walls and not need me to chop out a screw hole (which would be bad). the interior bracing needs cut (again!) and I need to fill the hole I dremeled out prior to this one and take another look at where the Remote will attach.

The barrel I've finally figured out- a 16" hammerhead barrel on a freak adapter plus a freak back. that *should* work out to about 22" or so, which would be just about right. I'll also be running a dual-regged system most likely- either using an R-drive stage one ASA/reg I found at the local proshop, or by using a second reg in the tank pouch and the ion reg. or the ion reg and a second reg, if I can find a CP shorty reg (which would make my life a lot easier, TBH, in dialing in velocity)

As for the parts I needed to order, the detents are on the way now from punisherPB, and the battery connectors from evike (along with a map pouch for my vest).

next up is probably the board from Tadao/smart parts (wish it was just tadao) then the barrel.

EDIT: Had to cancel the orders, apparently, I had less money in my account than I thought I did. that sucks, but only pushes the whole thing back by a week, give or take.

This post has been edited by Ethrealwolf: 04 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

#24 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

i cant see the pics, but from what i read it sounds like its comin along good. cept fot your financial set back
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#25 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Yeah bud the pictures aren't working...
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#26 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Is it finished yet?
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#27 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

no, not yet. Had another setback- more severe this time, so right now it's kind of in limbo

#28 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

I've been there. After I made my A5 P90 mod, I was so eagar to make an AUG Steyr. After all the milling and cutting and fitting, the middle section was too weak to support the rear of the gun that house the A5 body. Hopefully you'll have better success than I did.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#29 User is offline   Jakepants 

• avatars are for fancy people, which I am not.
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Dear Etherealwolf;

quit being a slacker and finish this thing. I'm tired of seeing it around the house in parts and pieces.

also; l2camera pl0x.
quit having parkinsons and sit still when you take the picture.

kthx.
Your dearest brother,
- Jake

This post has been edited by Jakepants: 06 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

I am ethrealwolf's little brother.
Yes, he really is that angry every day.

The Champ is here.

#30 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

View PostJakepants, on Aug 6 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

Dear Etherealwolf;

quit being a slacker and finish this thing. I'm tired of seeing it around the house in parts and pieces.

also; l2camera pl0x.
quit having parkinsons and sit still when you take the picture.

kthx.
Your dearest brother,
- Jake

good thing I didn't put in that order, then, or there'sd be more parts!

new hopper for the timmy, then I'll get back to work on this

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic