Special Ops Paintball: Is this proper for the situation? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this proper for the situation? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

  • Noble Leader
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 86
  • Joined: 19-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lewistown,PA

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the input guys. :)
0

#17 User is offline   Jarhead2531 

  • Teufel Hunden
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 16-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Millington, Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Jarhead2531

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

On the topic, I have a Marauder Jersey which I don't wear any more. The reason... it's too stiff for me, and the fabric doesn't breath enough. If I were going to wear one of those I'd upgrade just a bit and get some real digi cammies. I wear my old Marine Corps issue from time to time and they are a bit warm sometimes, but great for balling besides that.

This post has been edited by Jarhead2531: 28 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

SPECTRE Paintball
Special Tactics and Reconnaissance
Columbiaville, MI
Proud to represent Tippmann Sports, Pinokio Hoppers, and Landing Zone Paintball
0

#18 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

  • Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,612
  • Joined: 04-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton, PA
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'll just be coming out with cargo shorts and a cotton tshirt again like I did last year.
0

#19 User is offline   Florentine 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,356
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

View PostJarhead2531, on May 28 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

It doesn't matter. If they get away with it, they'll keep doing it. I think another reason people play on, is because its just too far to walk back to the insertion point, then run back. It was annoying personally.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."
0

#20 User is offline   Becc 

  • Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Joined: 22-January 07
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Temple, NH
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

View PostFlorentine, on May 28 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

View PostJarhead2531, on May 28 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

It doesn't matter. If they get away with it, they'll keep doing it. I think another reason people play on, is because its just too far to walk back to the insertion point, then run back. It was annoying personally.



agreed, felt the same at mmg. WAYYY to far to walk (almost a mile for most of the weekend, red team is on back end of the field, you have to walk all the way out, then the mile back in, then you can play). Very very tempting to walk halfway back and turn aruond and walk back into the game. Which honestly i would have done (i payed for the 20 minutes im now missing!) if the other team didnt get points for eliminations. I mean, they didnt even have one medic... come on theres a reason for medics.
0

#21 User is offline   Florentine 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,356
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

View PostBecc, on May 30 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 28 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

View PostJarhead2531, on May 28 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

It doesn't matter. If they get away with it, they'll keep doing it. I think another reason people play on, is because its just too far to walk back to the insertion point, then run back. It was annoying personally.



agreed, felt the same at mmg. WAYYY to far to walk (almost a mile for most of the weekend, red team is on back end of the field, you have to walk all the way out, then the mile back in, then you can play). Very very tempting to walk halfway back and turn aruond and walk back into the game. Which honestly i would have done (i payed for the 20 minutes im now missing!) if the other team didnt get points for eliminations. I mean, they didnt even have one medic... come on theres a reason for medics.

Have you ever been to ION? Its hell to walk out every time you get hit. Then you have to find a ref to tag your ticket which is annoying as hell. Its a good game, just the planning for it sucks.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."
0

#22 User is offline   Mitch Force 

  • [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,313
  • Joined: 11-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fridge World

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

PE stuff is legit.

I won't get started on ION... :/
0

#23 User is offline   Florentine 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,356
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

View PostMitch Force, on May 31 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

PE stuff is legit.

I won't get started on ION... :/

Haha, yeah I hear ya man. It was awesome to meet forum members, but the cheating was horrible.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."
0

#24 User is offline   Mitch Force 

  • [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,313
  • Joined: 11-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fridge World

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Yeah meeting guys from the forum was cool, but when you shoot someone with half a hopper and they don't go out it sucks, or when your "platoon" or whatever its called leaves.
0

#25 User is offline   Florentine 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,356
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

View PostMitch Force, on May 31 2009, 08:13 PM, said:

Yeah meeting guys from the forum was cool, but when you shoot someone with half a hopper and they don't go out it sucks, or when your "platoon" or whatever its called leaves.

True, or when you can't hit the tank with that rocket thing that you had, and me trying to shoot people with your Ego while holding my sniper. Haha, good times.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."
0

#26 User is offline   Mitch Force 

  • [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,313
  • Joined: 11-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fridge World

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

The tank rules were lame, the ref told me I had to shoot it from 25 feet or closer.
0

#27 User is offline   Becc 

  • Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Joined: 22-January 07
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Temple, NH
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

View PostFlorentine, on May 31 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

View PostBecc, on May 30 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 28 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

View PostJarhead2531, on May 28 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

It doesn't matter. If they get away with it, they'll keep doing it. I think another reason people play on, is because its just too far to walk back to the insertion point, then run back. It was annoying personally.



agreed, felt the same at mmg. WAYYY to far to walk (almost a mile for most of the weekend, red team is on back end of the field, you have to walk all the way out, then the mile back in, then you can play). Very very tempting to walk halfway back and turn aruond and walk back into the game. Which honestly i would have done (i payed for the 20 minutes im now missing!) if the other team didnt get points for eliminations. I mean, they didnt even have one medic... come on theres a reason for medics.

Have you ever been to ION? Its hell to walk out every time you get hit. Then you have to find a ref to tag your ticket which is annoying as hell. Its a good game, just the planning for it sucks.



Nope. But mmg is pretty much the same. YOu have to walk all the way out to the staging area and back in, so that they can read your ID card and register it as an out. Yellow is great- their base is a 1 minute walk from the entrance. Red takes at least 10 minutes back to the re-insert point, if you can take the shortcut without getting lit up (half the time that road is mid-firefight)
0

#28 User is offline   bravo316 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 21-July 08
  • Brigade Name:bravo316

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

View PostBecc, on Jun 1 2009, 02:04 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 31 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

View PostBecc, on May 30 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 28 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

View PostJarhead2531, on May 28 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 20 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

That's where personal integrity comes in... Just because the "other guy" did it doesn't mean you have to. It makes for a bummer day, but if you stoop to their level you're no better. No matter if it's one game, or one day, or all the time.

It doesn't matter. If they get away with it, they'll keep doing it. I think another reason people play on, is because its just too far to walk back to the insertion point, then run back. It was annoying personally.



agreed, felt the same at mmg. WAYYY to far to walk (almost a mile for most of the weekend, red team is on back end of the field, you have to walk all the way out, then the mile back in, then you can play). Very very tempting to walk halfway back and turn aruond and walk back into the game. Which honestly i would have done (i payed for the 20 minutes im now missing!) if the other team didnt get points for eliminations. I mean, they didnt even have one medic... come on theres a reason for medics.

Have you ever been to ION? Its hell to walk out every time you get hit. Then you have to find a ref to tag your ticket which is annoying as hell. Its a good game, just the planning for it sucks.



Nope. But mmg is pretty much the same. YOu have to walk all the way out to the staging area and back in, so that they can read your ID card and register it as an out. Yellow is great- their base is a 1 minute walk from the entrance. Red takes at least 10 minutes back to the re-insert point, if you can take the shortcut without getting lit up (half the time that road is mid-firefight)


The problem with Skirmish/big games like ION and Stalingrad is the staffing. They do not have enough refs to go around and check players and be medic refs. I was impressed as a kid next to me took a head shot and kept playing on. The ref ran over through a boat load of paint and yelled at the kid! Then asked for his dog tag and told him to leave. There was some justice. Even capped this year it will be tough. I am still going to go but after my experience of Stalingrad I will be wary of wipes. As was said before it really does become a game of honesty. I enjoy the game and if a walk is part of it oh well...yeah it sucks but it is better then hitting the tredmill at the gym :happy:
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users