Special Ops Paintball: Military Manual's for sale - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Military Manual's for sale Great for Flight Sims and Paintball. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hey, guys. I need some help financially, so I'm offering up some military flight manuals I have.
This semester has been a rough semester for me. I ended up with micro-fractures in my feet. It is called, Tibial Sesamoditis. I have needed to purchase orthotics (which insurance doesn't cover), which are unbelievably expensive. This multiplied with other bills have meant that I didn't quite earn enough to cover my tuition this semester. Next semester I should be okay with scholarships and grants, but I couldn't qualify for them last school year. This meant I paid cash for a year of school. I didn't do student loans. I was going to do a summer paid internship, but that didn't quite work out with economy the way it is.
I've pretty much ruled out D-Day in OK with my brother (he's a disabled vet).
So one of the things I am going to do for income (besides mow lawns and odd jobs) is offer up some Military Manuals.

The 1st Set are the flight manual's for the F-18E and the F-14A.
The F-18 is especially interesting if you are a flight sim fan and own FSX Accelerated!. The F-18e is the new carrier fighter/attack craft. It will be used until the JSF comes on line.
Here are some samples of the F-18E manual:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, the F-14 Manual is perfect for someone who either owns or is looking to fly the F-14 in FSX.
http://irissimulations.com/catalog/product...products_id=114
Here are some samples from the F-14A Manual:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Second set has the flight manuals for the AH-64 Apache, AH-1 Corbra and the UH-1 Huey. This will also include US Army Attack Helicopter Operations.
This is perfect for the person who owns DCS: Black Shark and wants to understand how US operates Attack Copters in Battle.
Here are some samples of the Apache Manual:

http://img36.imagesh...6/8263/ah64.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64a.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64b.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64c.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64d.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64e.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64f.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64g.jpg
http://img39.imagesh.../9083/ah64h.jpg

The 3rd Set is or the Paintball player who is not a fan of flight sims, I have a series of Military Field Manuals. These manuals include:

-US Army Survival Manual FM 21-76 <-Includes basic medical and environmental information perfect for woodsballers.
-US Army - FM 12-43 - Mines And Boobytraps <-Great tips for setting up mines when you are tasked to protect an area in a woodsball game.
-US Army - FM 21-31 - Topographic Symbols
-US Army - TM 9-1005-249-10 - Operator's Manual for M16 and M16A1 <-Not used in the Army, but great for AR-15 owners.
-Principles of War by Carl von Clausewitz <- Great historical work on the philosophy of war.
-Evasion & Recovery Manual <- Great for snipers or recon teams who want to know how to move into an area with minimal observable situations.
-Engineer Diving Operations FM 5-490
- US Army - Pistol Training Guide
-US Marine Corps - MWTC Winter Survival Course Handbook. <- Perfect for all you Pennsylvanians, Minnesotans and Canadians!
-US Marine Corps Sniper Manual FMFM 1-3B <-Self-explanatory.
-Army Version of the above Manual. <---A lot of information on field craft.
-US Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide <-We all need to be in shape. This is the actual manual, not some "ex-SEAL", but written by active officers as a guide, most who are Ph.D. or M.D. degree holders.

I am asking $20 for one set and $40 for all three. This includes shipping in the US. Outside of the US add $2.

So why would you want to send money to me? Well, besides the quality of the material you would be receiving, there will also be 10% donated charity. Ten percent of all money earned will go to Voice of the Martyrs. The money will go to help suffering Christians in Iraq.

http://www.persecution.com/

PM me or email me at: timothy dot burton at asu dot edu

Here is my feedback.

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 25 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

#2 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

pm sent
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#3 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

I would be interested in the third set. What are the dates on the Survival and M16 manuals? It will say so at the top of the Letter of Issuance within the front cover. Thanks!

#4 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Oh nice, so sell illegal copies of Government manuals to the public. GREAT WAY to make money.

This is highly unethical..suggest finding a different way other then selling current documents containing in some cases sensitive material to civilian population

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Sideshow... After some minor internet searching it looks like all the manuals ARE legal to sell, several can be bought directly from Amazon and other similar sources, including the flight manuals.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 25 2009, 02:32 PM, said:

Sideshow... After some minor internet searching it looks like all the manuals ARE legal to sell, several can be bought directly from Amazon and other similar sources, including the flight manuals.

only after they have deemed declassified and such. MOST current publications printed after 2000 are not as of yet, and not allowed, NOR are they allowed to be COPIED and sold by an individual

if you look the one he is offering is a 2001 publication

#7 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Ive seen many of these documents for sale at surplus stores & online retailers, so I doubt there is anything illegal about them.

#8 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Aug 25 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

Ive seen many of these documents for sale at surplus stores & online retailers, so I doubt there is anything illegal about them.

if they are available publicly to purchase, some are limited to non export only. PLUS making copies and selling is NOT legal ...ie "If I can sell 100 of these"

this isnt the place to be selling stuff like this

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Now that IS a legitimate complaint.

the original post will be edited to remove the copyright infringement and he will ONLY be allowed to sell the one set.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for that, I just get sketchy with things like this not only being a vet, just still working with members of the DOD / DON

#11 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

View PostSideshow, on Aug 25 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

Oh nice, so sell illegal copies of Government manuals to the public. GREAT WAY to make money.

This is highly unethical..suggest finding a different way other then selling current documents containing in some cases sensitive material to civilian population

Nice moral outrage....do you do tricks too?

1. It is not illegal to sell government documents to the public. After all, the Federal Government can't copyright work that are done with taxpayer dollars.

Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government, but the United States Government is not precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise.

http://www.copyright...2chap1.html#105

Since the document comes from the DoD, the document is not copyrighted. Hence forth, I can make as many copies as I want and I can do it legally.

2. The manuals are public domain, nothing in them are illegal to possess or view by the average citizen. They discuss flight maintenance, procedures, and flight characteristics. They do not contain information about weapons, release parameters or weapon performance.

3. Not only is there no law against publishing any document from the US Government that's not considered classified, there is no date that the document must be held for until published.

4. A simple FoIA request can get you a copy of the F-18 manual. Sure, the little peon shuffling the paperwork might deny you out of hand, but if you appeal it, you will get a copy. The real issue is that without a judges order FoIA requests can sometimes take up to 2 years.

5. This F-18 manual has been known to be handed out at trade-shows by MD and by officials as swag. While I had previously attained my copy, a friend who was an executive that used to perform services for the government was given a copy as part of an incentive flight he was given.

6. There were questions about the legality of selling documents outside of the US, but most FM manual reproducers have now started shipping outside the US, because the law has been clarified as it being legal.

I'd recommend you actually know what you are talking about before you play role of the moral police. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't try to use your "vet" status as a high horse. Only reason I haven't served is because I was disabled by a disease that my brother in the military contracted and passed to me. I have taken 8 trips to MEPS, the orthopod knows me on a first name basis, only to be sent home. To imply that you have some sort of higher moral and ethical position based on your service is like a cargo pilot claiming he is a better pilot than a Viper jock and he "chose" to fly cargo.

#12 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:04 AM

Well too bad, so sad, I stand by my views on this, Dont like it oh well, I stated my opinion, and thats just it, you entitled to yours.

This post has been edited by Sideshow: 04 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

#13 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

View PostSideshow, on Sep 4 2009, 07:04 AM, said:

Well too bad, so sad, I stand by my views on this, Dont like it oh well, I stated my opinion, and thats just it, you entitled to yours.

That is quite sad, the lack of integrity that you have shown.

You called something illegal, when you didn't know if it was illegal. I quoted the law showing it wasn't illegal.

You called something unethical, when you didn't know if it was unethical by national norms. I pointed out the FoIA granting access to the same material, therefore wasn't unethical.

Seems you have no facts or norms to back your position, you just libeled my sale because you didn't like it.

Did you show your comrades in arms the same level of integrity?

#14 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

So...are you selling originals, or making copies? I've been away for a while on an unexpected work assignment and just got back, but am still interested, however only if they are originals.

Thanks!

#15 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

I have work in publications for the Canadian Military. I don't think I ever seen military manuals/pubs with copyrights. As a matter of fact many now are on CD to be reproduced by sections as required. Photocopying articles is quite the norm.

They are continually amended and sections deleted that copyright is impossible. Now if these were manufacturer issued manuals then copyright will come into play. Also if these had professional photos or outside artwork done then copyright might come into effect.

I see no copyright info on the manuals listed. Tim Burton can reproduce them until proven differently.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users