Special Ops Paintball: shot activated flashlight - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

shot activated flashlight for night games?

#16 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

...or you could just wire a flash light up to the microswitch in your gun.......using a mech.....buy a microswitch and fit it behind your trigger......DUN!

#17 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

Buy a Fenix LD20 for $60, a pressure activated switch for $20 and any various under barrel flash light mount and you have a strobing flashlight. That is what I have and it works well. Enter a dark room, hit the switch, disorient your victims umm I mean opponents and have some paint slinging fun.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#18 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Couldn't that potentially cause seizures in some players?

#19 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostTribs, on May 16 2009, 11:19 PM, said:

Couldn't that potentially cause seizures in some players?

I have heard of strobe lights triggering a seizure in those that have epilepsy. The rate of the flashes is the trigger. What is called the flicker frequency has to be just right to do so. Most people who have epilepsy take drugs to control their seizures and should not have a problem with strobe lights. Technically speaking, watching TV can cause someone with photosensitive epilepsy to have a seizure. The only area in the world that lowers the flicker frequency that can contribute to a seizure is Europe. And photosensitivity is not a trigger for all people with epilepsy.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#20 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

this is very interesting, i have also heard of Non-leathal (litteraly, not less leathal) weapons like that being used to blind and disorient attackers/suspects/terrorists. I think if you have a fast electro and one of those devices you may not have to resort to lethal options in the event of a home invasion.

but since your talking paintball yeah thats totally harmless... and kickass if your at an indoor field.

#21 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Check out this youtube video for the Opsgear SAW kit, I think at 1:19 is what you want. I have no idea what they use/how they trigger it though.
MK48 SAW kit

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Nice idea, but your better off just learning how to use your senses, its cheaper and it does not give you away AND it does not night blind you, which is a health hazard because you could trip on something. I personaly have very good night vision and can see some one laying down up agianst a fence from about 125 feet away with ease, you shoulkd give it a try, just make sure there are not random lights and stuff on or else it will screw it all up.

#23 User is offline   isaac toonkel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

View Postscubasteve186, on May 15 2009, 12:34 PM, said:

how about a flashlight you can mount under your barrel that turns on for a fraction of a second every time you fire your marker? i think it would be a cool thing to have for night games, not really a functional upgrade, but it might be something someone in the hardcore-scenario group would like to have

ya i saw that on a military training video it makes it look like the flas hfrom a real gun its pretty rad

#24 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

If anyone has seen "Kickass" (which was hilarous btw), "Hit-Girl" uses a strobe on a handgun with the lights down and when pointing it at her attackers, they can't see a thing and it lights them up.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users