Special Ops Paintball: shot activated flashlight - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

shot activated flashlight for night games?

#1 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

how about a flashlight you can mount under your barrel that turns on for a fraction of a second every time you fire your marker? i think it would be a cool thing to have for night games, not really a functional upgrade, but it might be something someone in the hardcore-scenario group would like to have

#2 User is offline   1weasel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:1weasel

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

So you look like a strobe light? Or see the back of the paintball for a split second?

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

If you realy want something to light up when firing then it's UV paintballs you want.
http://www.pain4glory.com/paintball-in-the...ark-paintballs/

For a flashlight why not a tactical light with a remote trigger grip switch?

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

I would look like a strobe light..lolz
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Paintball Strobe Light FTW!!!‼¡!¿‼!!11!111ONE1ONE!ONE1! (ect., ect., ect.)

That would kinda give away your position though. But if you are a heavy gunner, It would be a solid light lol.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#6 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

you could probably make one if you had a basic background in electronics. Just connect an extra circuit up to the trigger, Of course it would have to be a electronic trigger, or maybe something like the sound activated hoppers just with lights.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#7 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

Not quite sure how practical a flashlight that turns on just after you pull the trigger would be. If your target is not exactly where you thought it was then all you get to see is the paintball is headed away from your target and quite possibly give them a better lock on you. Maybe a remote switch to turn the flashlight on before you fire so you can get better aim on your target.

People really into night play do away with lights and save up for this:

Posted Image

Strobe lights work great during night play in enclosed spaces like buildings. As you enter a pitch black room and turn the strobe on, it disorients those in the room and gives you an split second opportunity to get a shot off.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Maybe he was going for the "muzzle flash" idea.

Damage, I want your helmet...
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#9 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

An easy way to make a shot activated light is either to hook up a micro Switch to the trigger or where the rubber detent is. The trigger would be easy if you have a E Grip or the like. The Micro Switch Detent would be activated just as the shot is fired though. The Trigger would turn the light on before the ball is fired.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#10 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

View Postbetasniper, on May 15 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

An easy way to make a shot activated light is either to hook up a micro Switch to the trigger or where the rubber detent is. The trigger would be easy if you have a E Grip or the like. The Micro Switch Detent would be activated just as the shot is fired though. The Trigger would turn the light on before the ball is fired.

I cant stop laughing at your avatar! :)
Posted Image

37sps.com

#11 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

I have never heard of such a light, but if you mount your tac-light near the muzzle of your barrel, the light shining through the bursts of gas will produce a strobing effect. Many tac-lights come with pressure sensitive switches, in addition to on and off switches, that you can actuate in a strobing effect. Remember, you want your tac-light to reveal your target and hold them, but in doing so, you reveal your position...you may not want to do that with every round you fire.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

yeah, i was going with the muzzle flash thing, but the disorient the other team for a split second sounds good too, i have some good ideas how to go about doing this now, i guess ill give it a try

#13 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

View Postscubasteve186, on May 16 2009, 09:55 AM, said:

yeah, i was going with the muzzle flash thing, but the disorient the other team for a split second sounds good too, i have some good ideas how to go about doing this now, i guess ill give it a try

Strobing is an effective technique to disorient the opposition, just remember you will need to protect your eyes from white-spot blindness...red filters eliminate white-spot blindness.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

Usually the rule of thumb is not to loose your night vision. A strobe will definitely do this.

#15 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Modify this:

Adjustable sound activated

onto your flashlight, turn the sensitivity down, and shoot away.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users