• This topic is locked

Wooden Barrel Not what you think

#16 User is offline   mortuus intra 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ninjaops

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

it would be very high maintenance even if it was weather treated and whatever else because in the constant diving and rough conditions of an aggressive player it would get chiseled away and dented eaier then other barrels and it would also be kind of a waste of money for how high maintenance it would be and it wouldn't really deliver any benefits to the player using it
THEY CALL ME A MYTH, A SHADOW, A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION, THERE'S ONLY ONE THING WRONG ABOUT THAT STATEMENT I'M YOUR LIVING BREATHING NIGHTMARE

#17 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

i personnally think it is an awesome idea .... get some freak inserts, or just cover an existing barrel ... bore out the center, lathe down the outside ... it certainly wouldn't be as big around as a flatline, and with some stain and varnish would look super sweet, plus the wood could expand all it wants around the outside of the aluminum barrel ... it won't overcome the strength of the aluminum, it will expand out, if at all ... i am surprised that someone like maj tom hasn't already tried this

if you decide to try this, be sure to post up pics as you go

This post has been edited by klaatu: 07 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

#18 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

one way to kill out the effect of water would be to laquer the inside and outside of it. then to smooth bore the inside, or polish it, steel wool on a squeegee.....having it over a sleeve would work too.

#19 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

If you had a wooden sleeve over a metal barrel it MAY have another effect, but I am not at liberty to say, just think about it :D

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users