• You cannot reply to this topic

Mini stock bolt won't fit???

#1 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

I bought a stock bolt off of some guy who's Mini was stolen. I tried to put the bolt in my Mini and it would get stuck at that raised/depressed part before the actual chamber. I was pretty sure it was the rubber tip causing this. Since the bolt had been sitting around for a while I bought a new rubber tip, just to make sure the old one hadn't swollen.

Now it still sticks, but not as much. It can't be fired correctly with this happening. This raised/depressed spot I'm talking about can be felt by sticking your finger through the front of the marker (w/ out the barrel on). It's located right after the feedneck.
Note that it takes a little force to insert the bolt fully. It has to pass that part of the body I'm talking about, which is why it takes force. Once the bolt makes it past, it doesn't like to go back the same way without a little force. It catches on that spot everytime the tip travels by. What's going on???
-Ty

#2 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

View PostTyTy, on Apr 15 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

I bought a stock bolt off of some guy who's Mini was stolen. I tried to put the bolt in my Mini and it would get stuck at that raised/depressed part before the actual chamber. I was pretty sure it was the rubber tip causing this. Since the bolt had been sitting around for a while I bought a new rubber tip, just to make sure the old one hadn't swollen.

Now it still sticks, but not as much. It can't be fired correctly with this happening. This raised/depressed spot I'm talking about can be felt by sticking your finger through the front of the marker (w/ out the barrel on). It's located right after the feedneck.
Note that it takes a little force to insert the bolt fully. It has to pass that part of the body I'm talking about, which is why it takes force. Once the bolt makes it past, it doesn't like to go back the same way without a little force. It catches on that spot everytime the tip travels by. What's going on???
-Ty

Pics please

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'll see what I can do. I'll need to utilize the paint program for a diagram kind of thing.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 15 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

I took some pictures, and then decided to try it out again, and now it works I think??? It doesn't pass all the way through completely smooth-like, but maybe that's normal? When you slide your STOCK bolt through the firing motion, does it catch oh so slightly on the detents? Does it contact anything else at all?
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 16 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users