Special Ops Paintball: So you're gonna bring a girl to play? - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So you're gonna bring a girl to play? A how-to guide. Rate Topic: ***** 5 Votes

#136 User is offline   cowboy117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

View PostBecc, on Mar 29 2010, 05:10 PM, said:

Or get a tactical corset :P

Sexy.

All the women I've played with either prefer no vest or a podpack. I have seen a few wear a chest guard, but that about limits the armor I see them using. We have one on our team, she's not a runner, and we usually end up using her to anchor a flanking movement.

#137 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

I like a pod pack...speedball style, but no other protection...I don't really understand because in all honesty girls have less to protect than guys do..I mean our chests...but it really doesn't hurt there...I would prefer that to a hand shot any day, even a groin shot hurts worse regardless of being female.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#138 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:21 AM

View PostBecc, on Mar 29 2010, 03:10 PM, said:

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Mar 26 2010, 09:40 AM, said:

So I managed to get a female friend of mine seriously addicted to paintball, and even managed to convince her to come to D-Day with me this year.

However, she needs a vest for this, obviously. So, paintballing girls out there-any recommendations? Vests I should look at or avoid? She doesn't have any real preference in style yet, just needs something that'll hold the usual assortment of pods, tools and a water bladder in comfort.

Why does she need a vest? Ive always suggested pod packs for girls, and a small camelback that fits above the pod pack (ive got one, im not really sure whats its called). My valken pod pack has a pocket for tools as well.

If she really wants a vest, id say the most important aspect is one that distributes weight to the waist, thats where girls carry their weight. Also, dday is hot, get one with good venting. Keep it light, not much extra add-ons. Remember that her surface area is a lot smaller, and to limit the number of pods so it isnt too wide for her.

Or get a tactical corset :D

She tried a pack, but liked the vest better. I'll keep on the lookout, though. She's planning to get a Blackcell, since the waist strap is really nice on them.

Also, you have no idea how badly she wants to get the Tactical Corset. :(

#139 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

Look at the new VTac vest. Its basically a pod pack with shoulder straps and a camelback holder. Its very light.

I made my own. Lol. I dont have 400 bucks.

#140 User is offline   Damifino 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NEOG Outlaws

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

Man Becc, I wish I was 40 years younger. I think i'd be in love.
If you aren't living on the edge, then you are taking up too much room.
http://midhudsonvalleywoodspaintballers.freeforums.org/

#141 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

We carry our weight on our waists...I mean I know that we are a little wider down there...but it's much easier for me to carry something on my back then around my waist...what makes it better for the waist...just wondering?

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#142 User is offline   Bufger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

View PostBecc, on Apr 13 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

I've NEVER had undergarmets stained, and ive taken direct boob shots to a white bra while wearing a 'tissue paper thin' tank and didnt even wash it for a week, as well as a direct crotch shot (we wont go there) with baby pink underwear and orange paint.

Pics or it didnt happen!

Seriously though thats a very good writeup. I get asked by women all the time what its like and what they should wear (im a marshall) and i just try to be honest with them but it always ends up really vague. I always say 'loose comfortable clothing' and that they can get free check protection at the site. I dont think i'd be brave enough to tell a stranger to wear a thong and a padded bra!

Sorry to bring back an old thread but it was helpful!

And women do kick a$$. Nickii on our team is a DEMON with her mini. She can walk the trigger faster than most too ;-)

#143 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

it's true..the undergarments don't stain..but then again, I have had an impossible time gettingthem to stain...I take a chest shot every time I play paintball...and several times each time I ref...but I've never had an issue with staingin..even if I wait for several days or even weeks to wash tem.

#144 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

I have thought up a design for a tactical corset, but it is more for stock class and pistol play than semi auto play. I don't think new to sport girls can get used to the limited ammo though.

Edit: I guess with some different layouts, I could fit 140rd pods on the back...

This post has been edited by betasniper: 26 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#145 User is offline   dartdart786 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

Lol I had my girl friend read this and she just looks at me "I guess I'm not a real girl, I have no clue what a ribbed tank top is and could care less if my nails break, plus i like baggy clothes" haha it made me laugh.

#146 User is offline   The Baroness 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Baroness

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

I play alot in scenerio games and find that the pod packs just work best for me, I hate feeling bulked up which makes it much more harder for me to move quickly. The most gear I wear is my jersey, pants, and mask with pod packs...no padding underneath...if ur afraid of getting hit maybe paintball isn't the game for you...sooner or later your gonna have to take a hit...just brush it off and continue to have fun! :(
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
CONTRACTED MURDER, DEATH, KILLER
TEAM ON TARGET

#147 User is offline   Breakroom 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Breakroom

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:19 AM

Picturing my wife in a tactical corset...
(drooling)

:)

#148 User is offline   Delta 047 

• Hurry up and wait.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demosthenes

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

took my gal to a game put on by one of my friends (a local youth minister) and since then she's been addicted to the sport (becc this isnt going against the advice you gave, my story take a 180 turn right into what you said at the end). here's the things ive found while working with her to get a gear setup she likes.

-1a) first time she went out she wanted to use the work-horse of a model 98 (all hail the gill's) me and my bro have frankenstined together between so many different 98's. she had the option of using a mini or my blazer, but she wanted to go with the 98 since it resembled a real gun, and thats what she was used to shooting.

-2a) she tried shooting the 98 with my little booby tank (50ci ninja), and with the remote line on the spec ops youth sized broadsword vest i had at the time. she wasnt thrilled with air-on, but really liked running remote. so for her first few games, thats how she played. the SPEC-OPS YOUTH SIZE VEST FIT HER AWESOMELY. not an advertisement but i cant say enough good things about this vest. im 20 with an athletic build and it fit me like a gloves, 2 minutes of pullin straps and we had it fitting her. awesome vest.

-3a) ALL HAIL INVERT FOR WOMEN'S CLOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she greatly preferred these over my empire pants because the inseam was higher. we havent found a pair that fits her as good as invert's do. she's like me, likes her gear fitting and not baggy. as for gloves, she wears an old pair of weight lifting gloves i used to wear till she got me some empire gloves for my birthday. ive asked if she wanted some gloves like the ones she got me, but she loves those gloves for some reason. also, she prefers to wear track spandex as a middle layer under her invert's, i can attest to this as well since i wear them as boxers, it greatly reduces the possibility of chafing and the like.

-4a) this is just how she is, but she didnt mind getting shot in the arm's bare skin. she wears a padded bra, but thats about all the chest padding she uses. she's takin some zingers that have broken the skin and left scars, but she just parades them around as trophies (i <3 country girls lol)

-5a) she wore her hair in a bun and that works for her for the most part. she's on the smaller side so she fell in love with my i4's, they fit her perfectly. she's tried on e-vent's and my flex but prefers the i4's above all. i tried getting her to wear a head wrap to protect against dome shots, but she'd rather take the shot then wear one, she just doesnt like them.

so now we come to the point in the story where she's played for a bit, and ive gotten her shooting different setup's to see if theres different things she likes.

-1b) after playing that 1 game with the 98 she wasnt thrilled with it, and after much persistence i got her to shoot my mini. what she was iffy about doing was shouldering the 50ci tank and tilting the marker looking down the barrel. after some convincing i finally got her to shoot it and she fell in love. from there she abducted my 50 and the mini. for a simple, light weight, starter marker, i would greatly recommended the mini. push the button and go. she played like that for a while till she played with my egox while i was reffing a game and has since then abducted that while i shoot another of my toys lol.

-2b) pretty much covered that one above, she got to using that 50 and loved it. she's smaller, so the 50 fits her like a 68 would fit a larger person. she played with my sly 3+4 and loved it, she wanted to get the 4th pod on there without having to use the elastic so we got her a sly 4+5 and loves it.

-3b) after playing games with other empire pants (08), she still prefers the inverts. they size smaller than the empires and fit snugger. awesome (and conveniently cheap) pants. the ones ive had have been around for closer to 2-3 years, have taken a beating, and are still kickin strong. she now wants to take a class on sewing and such and then fashion her own pair of playing pants. lol i think its a pretty cool idea. also, shes still runnin with those same gloves. she says its because theyre the gloves she started playin with and has grown attached to them. if you intend on getting your gal some gloves, go with ones that have the trigger and bird finger exposed, if not all fingers exposed. id recommend any pair of empire gloves in a size small.

-4b) she still goes out w/o a jersey and such, just a t and a padded bra. we had a dukes of hazard game where she played as daisy and went out in short cut-off jeans (where she also won the game for the dukes by finding an objective worth a butt ton of points and bringing it home 3 minutes after the round started, ending the game for the day. gotta give credit where credit is due, she whooped me that round lol)

-5b) she still wears her hair in a bun and is still rockin those i4's, both have worked pretty good for her. after takin shots to the dome right above where the mask over ends, she still refuses to wear a headband. just how she roles i guess.

there's only been one instance of player prejudice towards here since she started playing, coming from a ref non the less. she was setting up for a bunker tag and was coordinating with some other players to lay down cover fire for her. there was a ref nearby that came up and called her out for "having been shot in the top of the head", when she hadnt taken a shot to the dome all day. the players beside her were like "wtf?", and when she came over and told me i personally looked and there was no shot impact or anything of the sort. she didnt want me to say anything about it and just let it blow over, but we left shortly after that. hopefully this will be of assistance to someone else getting their gal into the sport!

This post has been edited by Delta 047: 21 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

#149 User is offline   jonnyinthehau5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

I'm a strong believer in equal rights for everyone. That also means no compassion when on the field :)
One man with a gun can control a hundred without one. -Vladimir Lenin

#150 User is offline   Wulfe 

• Sneaky spectre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wulfe

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Sorry if it's a necro post, but I've gotten about 4-5 girls to come paintballing over the years for the first time so it's not totally impossible for you guys looking to bring out friends with two x chromosomes or your special friend with two x chromosomes.

I usually tell them it hurts about as much as a firm, but friendly punch to the arm. Everyone's had that happen to them, it stings a bit, and as far as I can tell, it's pretty comparable. I also explain the adrenaline is so pumped through your system that you may not even really register that it hurts the majority of the time. For their first time out, I recommend they wear a baggy sweater (not thick, because they'd boil to death) with a t-shirt underneath. Keep in mind this will last for about a game or two before they decide it's way too hot, and decide to go with the t-shirt or long sleeve shirt (or if you are a gentlemen like me and lend out a jersey, or even buy one for them) that's a lot lighter after wards. Without realizing it, after playing a couple rounds, they aren't as afraid about the pain and speaking from my 100% success ratio, getting pretty excited.

I find telling them a couple weeks before hand about an event you are going to and inviting them along gives them some time to think about it, and if it's a special occasion like birthdays, they tend to be more for it. You just need to be patient and be willing to answer every question honestly. I enjoy telling a few stories, and having them talk to my friends for mutual support. It's definitely a bonus if said friends come along for the game. Girls tend to be more at ease with the more people they know coming out. If they still say no, don't tease them about it, and just say something along the lines of 'That's okay, maybe next time!' with a smile. When you come back, tell them all about it (this is assuming their very close friends or your girlfriend), explain what you did all day, and get them mentally interested in it. You'd be surprised at how receptive your girlfriend will be when you put things into such a positive and entertaining manner.

Most girls want to try the things their boyfriends are into, I find, it's just a matter of easing them into it. I dare say very few girls are super high maintenance or stereotypical girlie girls, and most do some form of physical activity or sport. My girlfriend, for example, used to do figure skating when she was a kid. And trust me, things go over better if you are honest with what to expect and not telling them 'Oh it doesn't hurt at all!', because when they do find out, it just may back fire against you later. I've never had to let a girl shoot me before hand, but there may be some that do.

The first couple rounds, resist the temptation to run off like you usually do and kind of take your girlfriend or friend along with you, telling them that you're going to move to that bunker, and you need them to cover you. Then do the same for them. Keep moving up, just at a pace that eases them into the game. After they get the basics down, and after they've been shot a couple of times, feel free to act more like you when you play. Girls don't always need to be baby sat, and speaking from the ones I played with, they don't want to feel like they are being baby sat. I made a few mistakes a couple of times and got way too far ahead, and lost track of the girls (I kind of get into the zone when I get moving sometimes), but I was delighted to find out they were just fine and having a good time!

I'll never forget the second time I brought my girlfriend out, lending her my heavy ass A-5 (first time I let her rent so I figured she'd like something more accurate), I made sure she was okay with it, because with an air tank it's heavy as hell and she's like 5'04" and 120 pounds, or something like that (Protip: Never ask a girl how much she weighs). She said she was fine with it and troopered along. One round, we were playing an attack and defend round in a two story building and she was with me on the top floor. I got eliminated fairly early, and was waiting for her to come out. She lasted the entire round and came to me rounding and REALLY happy. She was like "That was AWESOME! I shot out 4 people that round!" She wouldn't stop smiling the rest of the day.

She just bought herself an Empire Contract jersey, and we found men's size small fit quite well. I imagine for most girls in general it would fit nicely, but it's obviously a case by case basis for body size. Girls like clothes. Girls who start to like paintball like paintball clothes. Treat them accordingly.

I find girls are a lot more receptive to paintball than we've been led to believe. Once they realize it's something you can both do and be equals at and it's not a violent blood sport, it just snowballs from there. Final word of advice, treat girls on the field like you would any guy. Part of paintball's appeal is being gender neutral, so give your lady friends a chance to grow and adapt into the sport like any new person. Before long, you may find the growing threat at your field is the monster with long hair and mascara who suddenly discovered their Viking heritage.

This post has been edited by Wulfe: 16 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Only the enemy in front, every other beggar behind.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users