• +

Low count Hopper Options 150 and less hoppers. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

Alrighty, so heres some background info: 3 years Ago, I go buy 98 custom from local paintball shop. over those years I used only one 200 round hopper and a 20 once Co2 tank. with various different peices I slowly built my marker from saving money over time.
So one day I decide "hey, lets make this thing a little more fun." so I purchused a Vertical ASA for the marker, it came with a free expansion chamber so that was also cool. then I bought a 3.5 once Co2 tank replacing it within the spot of the expansion chamber. then after shooting all the air out of it I got a nice count of 120-130 shots, 10(ish) shots with decreasing velocity untill I could no longer fire. So as you might have guessed, im looking into a cheap way to grab a smaller hopper, well. a more compact loader within that 120-140 shot area.

just so you see the 98.
Posted Image

so, I have been thinking over time about All my options. ( if I forget some, tell me! )

Find a BE pocket hopper ( which are no-longer being sold to any of my local shops)- 30 paintballs
find a mini Hopper ( which, like the BE pockets...are no longer being sold) -50 paintballs
I dont know if there is 100 round count hoppers, well at least i'v never seen one.- 100 paintballs
Get a 20 round springfeed. - 20 paintballs
get a 15 round stick feed - 15 paintballs
purchuse a Cyclone for my 98, then throw a Tac cap on top - 30/40/50 paintballs.
purchuse cyclone and take Borg-Techs B.U.L.P. loader and use that. - depending on pods 30/50/100/140 rounds.
B.U.L.P. But without a cyclone. so im good for a ball stack of 4 before I "reload". cheaper but much less effective with 140 pods. - 30/50/100/140 paintballs
Q-loader, Last option I would take if possible, also the most expensive and tech orientated of all options - 100 paintballs
stick to a 200 round hopper - 200 paintballs.

im looking to basically lower the overall profile of my marker, and becuase my 3.5 will only shoot roughly 120 good shots 10 medium shots and 10 bads shots I dont want to have 60 paintballs extra floating around all day.
Note: my 98 as of right now, does not have the stock attatched. Or the front sight thing I use for my sling, nor the Expansion chamber or the drop forward or the ASA. there is a small tank instead.

And final question. does anybody have any cheap and slightly ghetto ways to do this with my own materials?

oh and for clarifycation. I dont usually limit myself as far as shooting goes. im not one to convince myself to only shoot 50 paintballs a round maximum. If someone needs cover or I need to pull that trigger like a crack addict runs laps. that trigger is getting pulled, no hesitiation.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 28 March 2009 - 07:28 AM

#2 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

purchuse a Cyclone for my 98, then throw a Tac cap on top - 30/40/50 paintballs.

I did that to my old 98c ... was a fun way to play the game . The cyclone made sure you didn't skip shots ,the tac cap gives you a nice low profile . Coupled with a 50 rd pod x3 pack I could stay fast and light with enough paint to get out of trouble .

best of luck ~

This post has been edited by Swamphawk7: 28 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

ah, you just reminded me of something I may want to add.

and yea, I really like the idea of a cyclone with that tac-cap styled hopper. the only blemish against it for me is that it makes my marker a little more wider ( which isnt so bad seeing as how my arm usually takes up that same space) and the actual price of the cyclone. but thats it.

and just out of curiousity... all the pictures of the Cyclone show it with the 200 round hopper and cyclone and rod thingy's at the and and a new valve. and if it means replacing a my valve and the connecting of a couple rods and such, but im sure thatd not to bad.

OH I would have to also remove the Vertical Adaptor and replace it into the new valve. which means I need to get through red lock-tite. :P

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 28 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

I like the idea of the cyclone and a tac-cap quite a bit. Having the cyclone and assuring that no shots are skipped with that small of a tank is a big plus. Red loctite eh, that could be a problem depending on how much you used.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 28 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

#5 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

My 98c has the cyclone and BULP hopper, holds 140 rounds and works great, the only drawback may be that after about 25 rounds you have to rock it forward to 'reload' the cyclone, but it also lets you keep a loose count of the shots fired. With a little practice this won't be that much of a drawback. I like it though and that's what I vote for.

Also if you buy the tac cap with which you make your BULP, you still have the 30 round tac cap.
Who flung poo?

#6 User is offline   vector1 

• bravodelta
  • Pip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

try a sport shot hopper,its a 100 round hopper,that's what i use and it great !!
Double Tap>Dash>Down>Observe Sight's>FIRE!!!
Aussie Pullback

#7 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

try a sport shot hopper,its a 100 round hopper,that's what i use and it great !!

Thats another good idea , and cheap !

I use a sport shot on a sniper 2 . I dig it . Mine required a quick and easy mod to feed properly .

This post has been edited by Swamphawk7: 29 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

#8 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Why not just hack up and mod a pod? or an old hopper?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#9 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

i run a stick feed on most of my markers and i love it......it gives just about the lowest possible profile and i like the added challenge.....plus its your cheapest option( $3 from Home Depot).......

#10 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

View PostSwamphawk7, on Mar 29 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

I use a sport shot on a sniper 2 . I dig it . Mine required a quick and easy mod to feed properly .

Thats great that they exist. my only challange will be to find one, I love just throwing on a cheap hopper because, well its cheap. and easy.

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 30 2009, 04:45 AM, said:

Why not just hack up and mod a pod? or an old hopper?

and how would you go about doing this? I really cannot figure out an idea on how to make my 200 hopper smaller without leaving a big gap or hole in it.

View PostCesar, on Mar 30 2009, 05:46 AM, said:

i run a stick feed on most of my markers and i love it......it gives just about the lowest possible profile and i like the added challenge.....plus its your cheapest option( $3 from Home Depot).......

Are you talking PVC piping? I have thought about that, and it is a vaible option. but what do you need? a pipe, a bend, and something to keep the paintballs from rolling out the back.

#11 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

View PostEskimo, on Mar 30 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

View PostSwamphawk7, on Mar 29 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

Thats great that they exist. my only challange will be to find one, I love just throwing on a cheap hopper because, well its cheap. and easy.

Here ya' go.

http://wevopaintball.com/

About halfway down.

#12 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

^ I could also look into thier winchester hoppers and an extra 50 pod.
For wevo paintball my only question would be where are they located?
sending a 4$ hopper 850 kilometers north, isnt exactly my plan of cost effective lol.

but if that was the case I think I would purchuse the 100 rounder, 50 winchester and 1- 50 pod.
that would be like what 13$ american which is only 15-18 canadian. then just shipping comes to issue. but thats it.

#13 User is offline   zlayer 7 

• Zlayer VII
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zlayer VII

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

View PostEskimo, on Mar 28 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

ah, you just reminded me of something I may want to add.

and yea, I really like the idea of a cyclone with that tac-cap styled hopper. the only blemish against it for me is that it makes my marker a little more wider ( which isnt so bad seeing as how my arm usually takes up that same space) and the actual price of the cyclone. but thats it.

and just out of curiousity... all the pictures of the Cyclone show it with the 200 round hopper and cyclone and rod thingy's at the and and a new valve. and if it means replacing a my valve and the connecting of a couple rods and such, but im sure thatd not to bad.

OH I would have to also remove the Vertical Adaptor and replace it into the new valve. which means I need to get through red lock-tite. :rolleyes:

You will be able to get through the loctite, or you may have the screw that covers the port for the air to power the cyclone already installed on the gun, seeing as it is a custom pro. check it out quick, because the only difference between a regular power tube and the one that comes with the cyclone is the whole to connect the cyclone feed to.
Zlayer VII

The Dagger Creed: If you're not livin' on the edge, you're takin' up too much space!!!

#14 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

View PostEskimo, on Mar 30 2009, 08:48 PM, said:

^ I could also look into thier winchester hoppers and an extra 50 pod.
For wevo paintball my only question would be where are they located?
sending a 4$ hopper 850 kilometers north, isnt exactly my plan of cost effective lol.

but if that was the case I think I would purchuse the 100 rounder, 50 winchester and 1- 50 pod.
that would be like what 13$ american which is only 15-18 canadian. then just shipping comes to issue. but thats it.

http://www.pinnaclep...ballsupply.com/

Fairly new store, run by a guy who lives near toronto. I'd recommend one of the pod modded winchesters, because the winchesters stock lid is absolute garbage.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#15 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I also recommend Pinnacle, since they are in Canada and they have winchesters in stock. I just bought a winchester with lid from him at SPE face to face and the pod lid job is very well done. He is also a nice man to deal with.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users