• You cannot reply to this topic

Evil Pimp?

#16 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostRenquist, on Mar 25 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

Huh, well that certainly gives me plenty to think about. I watched a TechPB episode about overboring and it made a lot of sense so I may just settle for a 92 on the Ultralight. One back won't kill me ;).

Any suggestions on the burst issue? Should I mess with debounce or the trigger?

If its not on a burst setting or ramping or anything then turn the debounce up, you can also try making the trigger movement longer.

by the way, Underboring or Overboring both work pretty much the same to get good consistency, and underboring doesn't break more paint, though without a kit its a lot easier to just over bore buy picking something like a .693
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#17 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

View Postflyweightnate, on Mar 25 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

IMO, none of the above. Pipes are hard to find backs for and are loud. Ultralights are overpriced. Redz only goes to .687. What you want is a Scepter kit, or a CP kit, or Sanchez... something that goes at LEAST to .682, and that has either solid backs, or locking inserts (Scepters lock from the front, Sanchez thread in). My CP kit is great but a little loud... my Scepter kit I haven't shot yet, but finally got it all rounded out and I'm pretty psyched about using it, and it worked great on my buddies' guns. Sanchez kits, I still want to try but cannot afford.

Cost effective, the Scepter is best. .680, 84, 86, 88, 90, 92, 96 bores, swappable bases makes switching threads easy, and a good balance of porting, not to mention incredibly light. The CP kit is a little more 'universal' i guess, since they've been around so long, and are still around. The Sanchez kit is rare, but incredible, and he's been making great stuff forever and won't stop soon as far as I can tell.

JJ is another option, but despite being well made, they just don't appeal to me. Short backs (3" control bore), weird looks IMO, and a goofy dust finish. Shoot very nicely, but a bit less efficient and a bit ugly, so they're better suited to guns like Tippmans, Spyders, and Automags that have a high enough pressure curve that the shorter back doesn't entirely kill the efficiency. Your Pimp would do quite poorly on gas consumption with one.

Mmmm... Sanchez...

I never thought I'd find a more perfect barrel than my Matchstick kit, but then I wound up with an Orbium 3 and haven't looked back ;).

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#18 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

Underboring increases efficiency a whole lot, while decreasing breakage a bit.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#19 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

I will agree. Underboring has worked far better for me than overbore ever did.

Last weekend shooting low grade paint I broke the third to last ball in a case of paint I shot that day. Temps were in the 40s. I underbored by .003. .690 paint and I ran a .687 back.
I found that to be very satisfying.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 27 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

#20 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

My Matchstick kit I assembled had a .685, .689 and a .693... I never used the .693 once and often found the .685 wasn't even small enough. My Orbium kit has a .679, .683, .686, and a .689... it's awesome.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#21 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

Underboring then huh? Guess I'll give it a shot. Think I'll pick up a back for my Ultralight, seems I've had no complaints with that barrel. I really like the Redz too, but less people seem to go for it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users