• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Evil Pimp?

#1 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Anyone own one nowadays? I noticed an ooooold thread and wanted to see if anyone was still alive. Just picked mine up brand new yesterday at a price I couldn't turn down. Damn does it rip!

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

The Evil Brick. There was a few aftermarket boards for it. No support now. KEE killed off Evil.

#3 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

Well that's a mood killer.... can you gimme some more info on why my marker is faced with impending doom then? Lol.

#4 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Think of it as an Impulse. With a hint if Intimidator tossed in there. Really while it's a goofy blend of things, find out what your oring sizes are (oringmonkey.com will build you a free kit if you send your gun in as an 'example' of what orings to use), and it should perform the same as any other gun, and be able to be fixed the same way. If the board dies, get a Universal T board, if the reg dies, anything works, and if the LPR dies, see if an SCM3 fits.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#5 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hey thanks! I got a note with it about the LPR, the rest looks pretty simple. Took a minute to get the bolt back in place after lubing it, will have to get used putting it back in heh.

I want to ask about the evil pipe - they are highly rated which is great but some people whined about stripping them. Now, being gentle with it can prevent stripping it of course and it screws in very snuggly - but the threads do seem pretty agile.

Also, I have an Ultralight and a PepperStick, both which I love. Is the pipe louder than other kits? Should I look at getting a different kit or simply get the backs for the pipe?

I already ordered a new locking feed neck, it didn't like my Fasta too much.

#6 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Dang I have to break this thing in. Apparently it's a gas hog until it's done getting happy and then she should be better on air. I only have a 50 ci and got maybe 500 shots out of it so it could be worse....

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

It shouldn't be too bad on air ... It's a poppet. The detenator reg is a very good reg too.

#8 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

View PostRenquist, on Mar 23 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

Dang I have to break this thing in. Apparently it's a gas hog until it's done getting happy and then she should be better on air. I only have a 50 ci and got maybe 500 shots out of it so it could be worse....

u got an evil scion 68/5k?

This post has been edited by Green Army Men: 23 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#9 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

He said 50 ci... As in, 50/45

ci is size (cubic inches), psi would be pressure(pounds per square inch).
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#10 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

ooohh
THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#11 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

I wish I could get 5k fills...

#12 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

The pipe is a loud barrel... especially downrange.

Once it is broken in, you can drop LPR pressure a bit, lower dwell a bit, and both should help efficiency. Evil's stuff always tended to have obscene break-in periods though, some of them upwards of 3 cases for regs. Just hook up a fill nipple, turn on the gas, and start shooting till you can't handle the noise anymore. Let other people dry fire it a ton, cuz everyone loves to dry fire a different gun.
Feedback.

#13 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

View Postflyweightnate, on Mar 23 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

The pipe is a loud barrel... especially downrange.

Once it is broken in, you can drop LPR pressure a bit, lower dwell a bit, and both should help efficiency. Evil's stuff always tended to have obscene break-in periods though, some of them upwards of 3 cases for regs. Just hook up a fill nipple, turn on the gas, and start shooting till you can't handle the noise anymore. Let other people dry fire it a ton, cuz everyone loves to dry fire a different gun.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am new to fancy markers and have a bunch to learn as far as altering the factory settings. I have to mess with it tomorrow, it really likes to burst on a trigger pull. I'd still like to just put out one shot - 3 is ok of course but it seems a bit much to me lol. I have no clue about dwell and so on.

So - since I have the Redz barrel, the Ultralight and the Pipe - my next move will be to start buying backs. Which barrel would you guys run with and why?

#14 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

IMO, none of the above. Pipes are hard to find backs for and are loud. Ultralights are overpriced. Redz only goes to .687. What you want is a Scepter kit, or a CP kit, or Sanchez... something that goes at LEAST to .682, and that has either solid backs, or locking inserts (Scepters lock from the front, Sanchez thread in). My CP kit is great but a little loud... my Scepter kit I haven't shot yet, but finally got it all rounded out and I'm pretty psyched about using it, and it worked great on my buddies' guns. Sanchez kits, I still want to try but cannot afford.

Cost effective, the Scepter is best. .680, 84, 86, 88, 90, 92, 96 bores, swappable bases makes switching threads easy, and a good balance of porting, not to mention incredibly light. The CP kit is a little more 'universal' i guess, since they've been around so long, and are still around. The Sanchez kit is rare, but incredible, and he's been making great stuff forever and won't stop soon as far as I can tell.

JJ is another option, but despite being well made, they just don't appeal to me. Short backs (3" control bore), weird looks IMO, and a goofy dust finish. Shoot very nicely, but a bit less efficient and a bit ugly, so they're better suited to guns like Tippmans, Spyders, and Automags that have a high enough pressure curve that the shorter back doesn't entirely kill the efficiency. Your Pimp would do quite poorly on gas consumption with one.
Feedback.

#15 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Huh, well that certainly gives me plenty to think about. I watched a TechPB episode about overboring and it made a lot of sense so I may just settle for a 92 on the Ultralight. One back won't kill me :laugh:.

Any suggestions on the burst issue? Should I mess with debounce or the trigger?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users