Special Ops Paintball: Games put on by the Urban Guard/Team Fireproof - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Games put on by the Urban Guard/Team Fireproof Rate Topic: -----

#106 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Has the Address been changed on the Game Locator yet I just tried to google maps it and it was still Wendies. Can't wait to play this will be a good game for sure.

Well off to Cleveland

Tim

#107 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Scoob, et. al.,

I will be updating the GameLocator with the correct address soon. The correct address will be available tomorrow at the latest. Make sure to get the word out to everybody. I am headed to the field tonight to check on a few things. I will give you all an update late tonight. Have I mentioned that this game is going to be great?
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#108 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

O.K. Here is the deal: I have played this field twice and had fun each time. The terrain is very unique in places. There is an area where there are trails (mowed paths) in between thickets of trees and hedges; it gets kind of maze-like in one area of the field... There is a nice steep ridge with gentle approaches from the east and west. When you approach the ridge from the north it is very steep; I would not want to fight my way up there!... The fort covers a good bit of area with a ring wall all around it. This wall is centered and anchored with a two story tower that commands most of the approaches, especially from the east. From the east attackers have to fight their way up hill at a serious disadvantage: flanking is essential here. After walking this field with Jinx (with our game in mind) we are both excited about the possibilities this field offers. Players will be challenged by the terrain (both physically and mentally). Most of the hills are not as steep or long as the old "Red Dawn Field". Get ready for Red Dawn Redux!!!
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#109 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Shadowjackal
So where is this field located, is it still in the Newark area or will we be playing some other area. I'm excited to play on a field with an established fort, especially with a two story tower. I know that the Urban Guard always put on a great game, and a fairly evenly matched game. I will be just coming off my paintball workshop and playing in Red Dawn. I hope to apply newly learned skills at Red Dawn.

Tim

#110 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

Gentlemen, The new location is south of Newark. It is near a little town called Baltimore, Ohio. I updated the GameLocator page as much as I could without having to relist the whole game. The GameLocator would not let me change the city location. The address of the new field is 3995 Bish Rd. Baltimore, OH. 43105. For anyone who needs help you can meet Rich Harvey at the junction of Interstate 70 and Rt. 37 S. He will be at the Sun 37 Sunoco Station at 9:45 a.m. The address here is 10616 Lancaster Rd. Hebron, OH. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

#111 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

Red Dawn Redux Update

Due to the numbers of people that are saying they are attending we are moving the meet time at the Sun 37 Sunoco Station to 9:00 to 9:15. Rich and whoever is there will LEAVE from this location to head to the field at 9:30. This will give more time to chrono, sign waivers etc.

Miscellaneous Info.

Teams are going to be chosen randomly - you may not be on the same team as your buds
Terrain is dense woods to open fields, thickets, mowed trails and some ridges/ravines
Field has "paintball improvements"; towers, bunkers and such...
Field has patches of nice poison ivy and some impressive locust trees w/ big thorns...
Teams will have Generals and some "command structure"
Boundaries are clearly marked/easily understood.
Game will have two full-time Refs with lots of experience at reffing
Game will have set missions and objectives - Generals may assign specific tasks and roles
There will be waivers that will have to be signed by each player

#112 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:53 AM

Sounds Like this is going to be a good mix of everything, I can't wait to check the field out to see what we will be playing on.

How are numbers looking? I know that there are 14 oped in on Birgade do we know about how many verbal comintments we have.

Also I find it strange that having lived in Farifeild County all my life I never new of this field that we will be playing on. Oh well I'll be playing on it, on the 24th.

"You commied will meet your demise on the 24th (or is it) You Minutemen terroists will finally get what's coming to you. (I don't know... lol)

Tim

#113 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

I cannot keep track of what I have posted on what forum... Numbers are looking VERY good! I am expecting around forty people, but would not be surprised to see sixty. (It has happened before at one of our games) As far as the field is concerned, it is a small private (getting larger all the time) field that the owner uses for his private games and a ministry out of his church. The Urban Guard is lucky to be allowed to hold one of our games here! Thanks, Timstigator!

#114 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Alright...So here's the deal. Each side as you all know get's two XO's with the general. So here's how we are picking XO's. There will be an application process...

You need to send me an email with your name, address, number, two photo ids, and a cover letter explaining why you are fit to be an XO. Also, you need three references (not related), and there will be an application fee of $75, and payment is non-refundable. Paperwork must be processed in a timely manner. Make checks payable to cash, and I will accept gear as a payment (under my discretion of course).

Let the bidding begin!

...J/k...Unless you are willing to make an offer...then go for it...I'm rather cheap...

Anyways...

Greetings from Sunny Florida everyone! It's a great weekend down here and NCPA Nationals are in full swing! It's rather exciting, but I can't wait to get out to play Red Dawn! There are a couple of people I have my eye on to help the wolverines, and some friends I would love to play alongside with, hopefully lady luck throws me a random bone with team selection. Though currently, I'm not looking to go out and slaughter the russians, but just to play with friends...Though give it next week and that will change. I am super excited to try out a new field, and even more excited to put on some camo once again...(Though Jack will argue that my camo is not real camo). Jack was gracious enough to inform me that they were setting my team up to lose (as is custom that the good guys lose all Urban Guard events) so I'm prepared to come out swinging. Regardless, GAME ON!

So the big question that I'm always interested to see...

Anyone bringing any friends to this event?

This post has been edited by AsphyxiateHeart: 09 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#115 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Sean and I will be attending this game. Sean will be wanting to try out some gear, as he will be making a selection on what gear he wants to buy. I think he's looking to get a mask first from there I'm unsure.

See you all in 2 weeks

#116 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

NEW INTEL FROM THE FRONT!

A rather large fortification (commanding the approach to the middle hill from the west) is under construction... No indication yet as to which side is fortifying this area. This large fort could throw a wrench in the works for the team that has to get past it to achieve an objective... (I would have had pics, but the wrong SD card was in my camera... Sorry...) The location of this fort and its defensive capabilities will definitely make a few games more interesting than they would have been... There are sure to be some bloody (painty?) battles around this structure! This unique field is getting... unique-er?

#117 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Uniquer??? well I can't nock anyones spelling or making up of words my spelling is horible.

I'm glad to hear that this epic game is getting better and better with every passing day.

Tim

#118 User is offline   JDS753 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

This is sounding better and better, I think I'll be coming to the game.

#119 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

View Postscoobshagg, on Apr 12 2010, 02:31 PM, said:

Uniquer??? Well, I can't knock anyone's spelling or making up of words as my spelling is horrible.

I'm glad to hear that this epic game is getting better with each passing day.

Tim

Fixed!
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#120 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

View PostAsphyxiateHeart, on Apr 9 2010, 11:38 PM, said:

Jack was gracious enough to inform me that they were setting my team up to lose (as is custom that the good guys lose all Urban Guard events) so I'm prepared to come out swinging. Regardless, GAME ON!

So the big question that I'm always interested to see...

Anyone bringing any friends to this event?

This is just not true, well, O.K. it's true but not in the slanderous way it sounds when you say it like that... It just always seems to work out that the bad guys win... At leat TUG cannot be accused of favoritism... I will say that the change of venue forced upon us by Gobbler Season has given a slight advantage to the Commies... Choose carefully, Andrew, who will lead your squads. Study the games and ask questions. I will insure that you have several "advisors" to help you with the terrain... Just consider them Montagnard "Kit Carson" Scouts... (Vietnam reference) their english is not very good... Good Luck!

On another note, I am bringing one friend for sure (Frank) and maybe a second (Van) if all goes well.

What markers are you all planning on using for Red Dawn? I will be using my Sabermag (AGD Classic Mag).

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users