Special Ops Paintball: Mythbuster! Are Paintballs dangerous if a dog eats it? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mythbuster! Are Paintballs dangerous if a dog eats it? local paper ran an article about paintballs being poisonous? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PaulL56 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Duece

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

My PB team made the news today, Written in our local Probe, and ill leave a directory for the article: link to news article
Im the user PaulL56 we do pick up after ourselves, the paint we use is The Weapons Grade brand, about 35 dlls a box. this lady is making a huge deal about paintballing in that area, its approximately as big as a football field and their is no wildlife their, i will put a video but this is just ridiculous, please feel free to comment, but i wanted to know if paintballs were toxic to horses or dogs. The box even says NON-TOXIC on it. unless ur allergic to something i would understand if you nearly die, but come on. i did research and paintballs are just pretty much pig leftovers and oils with food coloring. Play-do is worse that paintballs. Maybe this person should feed their dog so its not hungry and trying to eat paint.

#2 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

That lady is probably one of those tree hugging, tofu farting, hippies that thinks anything with a plastic shell is bad for the environment. Go to her house, knock on her door. When she opens her door simply stand there with a glass of water in one hand, a paintball in the other. Drop the paintball in the water, and let her watch as it dissolves. As for the fill. Isn't the fill vegetable oil? Crack a couple open and fry some mushrooms for her.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

PaulL56, on Mar 14 2009, 04:42 AM, said:

My PB team made the news today, Written in our local Probe, and ill leave a directory for the article: link to news article
Im the user PaulL56 we do pick up after ourselves, the paint we use is The Weapons Grade brand, about 35 dlls a box. this lady is making a huge deal about paintballing in that area, its approximately as big as a football field and their is no wildlife their, i will put a video but this is just ridiculous, please feel free to comment, but i wanted to know if paintballs were toxic to horses or dogs. The box even says NON-TOXIC on it. unless ur allergic to something i would understand if you nearly die, but come on. i did research and paintballs are just pretty much pig leftovers and oils with food coloring. Play-do is worse that paintballs. Maybe this person should feed their dog so its not hungry and trying to eat paint.

There were NUMEROUS articles a few years back saying the same thing, that PB's are highly toxic to dogs if they eat a bunch of em. Never tried to test it, no dogs i hate that much. But i can see it not being healthy. Different animals react different. There is no warning on a chocolate bar, cause they are fine for you. But feed a bunch to your dog and you can kiss his butt goodbye. Warnings on stuff only pertain to humans generally
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

The problem with paintballs is that they contain some of the same things found in Exlax. I have no clue how much per paintball but obviously the more you eat the more likely you are to get the runs. So your dog eats 10 paintballs, gets nasty runs all over your liviing room it's not hard to think the paintball are toxic.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

They are made out of fish oil by the way.

This post has been edited by Tora: 14 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#6 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

There, I stuck a post in for ya...

That lady sounds like the overly concerned type who just can't accept something that they don't understand.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#7 User is offline   buffaloclone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

i ate some before

im fine they just taste like straight death

#8 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

My bro's dog ate a whole 500 hundred spot one time w no ill effects....people just like to whine about stuff so they can hear their own voices.

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

What kind of dog? Just curious of the weight to paint ratio, was it a 3lb Chihuahua ate 500 paintballs with no problems or a 200lb St. Bernard?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

Our Chocolate Lab ate a whole case once...her crap was pink for a week
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

T-Freak, on Mar 14 2009, 01:26 PM, said:

Our Chocolate Lab ate a whole case once...her crap was pink for a week

Hahaha, my old dog got into my halloween candy once and her crap was shiney (wrappers) for a while.

On a side note, I'm getting a new dog! :D Yellow lab though, almost went for a chocolate lab... not getting it until july though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#12 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

Puzuma, on Mar 14 2009, 11:24 AM, said:

What kind of dog? Just curious of the weight to paint ratio, was it a 3lb Chihuahua ate 500 paintballs with no problems or a 200lb St. Bernard?

Yeah it wasn't a lil dog mind you....it was a boxer.

#13 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

A lot of paint fill is now PEG--polyethylene glycol. It's water soluble. One of my local fields only allows PEG fill, they test it by breaking a ball into a cup of water, if the fill diffuses like food dye it's PEG, if it looks like oil, well, then it's oil, and they don't allow that.

#14 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

I have heard paintballs are, and aren't toxic to dogs, but then you know what, water isn't toxic to humans, but you can drink so much you drown your brain. My advice is to keep things your dog shouldn't eat, away from where your dog can get at these things. Bread dough isn't toxic to dogs or humans, but if you consume enough of it, the heat of canine and human digestive systems can cause the dough to rise, and cause a blockage. Of all things, onions are toxic to dogs. Just like chocolate, it usually just makes them sick, but a large portion could eventually kill, especially if complications set in. If your dog eats something suspicious, call your vet.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

my dog loves paintballs...

He eats any he can find. (cocker spaniel).

Usually he just chucks up pretty pink or blue...

But they have never hurt him, and he got a whole bag once out of my garage.

Tell her to quit worrying. Dogs eat poop too... Their dogs...

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users