• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Milsim like, with ROF Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

Just to set the record straight before I start this between me and my immediate family we own the fol owing, MR1, MR2, 98C, Ion and Sp1.

Spyders are OK as long as you don't mind a lot of oiling and they are not electronic.

MR1- Average reliability, and its good for the price, but has a major problem with screws falling out its not fun to sneak around the field just to have your grip separate from the body because a screw came lose (at that point the gun goes full auto like crazy and the breaks some paint in the proses, so you lose that game and spend the next game cleaning and asking every one for screws and more loctite).

MR2-OK gun for 140.00 (Black Friday shopping):P chops and double feeds like crazy and only takes Spyder rechargeable batteries which is a major disadvantage because they are expensive and haft to charge for 5 hours before the game, or you sit out every other game charging it, you cant just take it out and shoot it or go on a surprise trip. All in all its just a pain and would rather yous a 98c.

summery-Mechanical Spiders are OK (like the Sonics and Extra) if you want you own gun but only play six times a year, but I have never had a good expirants with them period. in short not to trash talk Spyder or any thing but they are not what you are looking for.

P.S. To all Spyder fans that I offended I am sorry :( but these are my experiences with them).

Well I got to go I guess I will finish latter but if you have enough money get the TM-7.

This post has been edited by Sneaky Big Foot: 09 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#17 User is offline   MattRC 

• QCBoss
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on Mar 9 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

Spyders are OK as long as you don't mind a lot of oiling and they are not electronic.

haha
Jim how meny times in 6 months have you broke the MR3 down to oil or clean??
i am not a fan of spiders nether but Jim's MR3 is the AK of our old field, rain or shine, rarely had to adjust at the crono......thing is nasty!!
as for the question i am thinking you would like the TM7 i have shot my buddys and its sic. and yes there is a double trigger kit for them heres a pic
Posted Image

Deuteronomy 32:41
“Si acuero ut fulgur gladium meum et arripuerit iudicium manus mea, reddam ultionem hostibus meis et his qui oderunt me retribuam”
["When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"]

Feedback------ http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=167410

#18 User is offline   jim762 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jim762

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

View PostMattRC, on Mar 10 2009, 07:30 PM, said:

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on Mar 9 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

haha
Jim how meny times in 6 months have you broke the MR3 down to oil or clean??
i am not a fan of spiders nether but Jim's MR3 is the AK of our old field, rain or shine, rarely had to adjust at the crono......thing is nasty!!
as for the question i am thinking you would like the TM7 i have shot my buddys and its sic. and yes there is a double trigger kit for them heres a pic
Posted Image

My MR3 has never been broken down and oiled. LOL. I'm afraid if i do it won't work anymore!!..

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't!
Sponsored by: Urban Ops Armory

#19 User is offline   KidneySt0ne 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for all the input.

My friends (grown up kids that work at the paintball store) want me to get an etek 2, since I'm not forking over a grand to buy an ego 7,8 or a geo, or anything like that.
Otherwise, their next two recommendations were the TM7 or SP1, both of which are rather high on the price. As nice as the TM7 is, I'm not too fond of that plastic body. However, that retractable stock is a nice feature.
As for the SP1, I can shoot without sights, but I'd like the ability to do so given a wider environment, such as a forest, if needed.

I'm still curious about the MR3... Exactly how often do you need to break it down and service it?

#20 User is offline   Dread Pirate 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dread Pirate

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

View PostKidneySt0ne, on Mar 9 2009, 06:01 PM, said:

I'm bored, so ladies and gentlemen, I present you with this:

I've been paintballing for a years, mainly in the woods, and I got a M16/AR15 type set up for my tippmann 98. It's served me well for a number of years, but I want a marker that I can use in the woods or on a speedball field.

Now that I moved to AZ, and go to a field regularly, with smaller fields, my stock and remote line can get in my way.

My friends all want me to get a tourney gun, which costs 500+ bucks....
That'd be nicer to play with on the field, but I still want a kind of milsim marker. Pretty much something compact with a high ROF, but I could put sights on if I wanted to.

I was thinking about the Spyder MR3. The youtube reviews rate highly, but people at the store advise against it.

Then there's also the Smart Parts SP1, but the feed blocks your sight... And I don't really like A5s or X7s..., and none of that mag fed stuff. What's the point.

So, any recommendations on a new, affordable milsim marker that meets these conditions?
High ROF on semi (prefer a walkable trigger)
Affordable (less than $350)
Reliable and easy to maintain
compact & comfortable

I suppose it really depends on which you want to do most, speedball, or milsim?
If you plan on using it mostly for speedball, in order to keep your feedrate at max, and also prevent broken feed necks, you're going to want a vertical feed, which means blocking your top sightrail, no way around it. You could get an SP1, or simply a black epiphany or Ion, and use a mil-sim appearance grip-mounted stock. If you use an SP1, you will be able to a red-dot to the side of the gun and use that as a sight.

If you want a gun that is milsim, but will fare well on the speedball field, I'd recommend an A-5 with an e-trigger and an X-7 hopper (the part is a direct replacement for the A-5 hopper, but lower profile and angled to deflect balls). I was on a five-man team in the Navy, and did quite well for myself at the time with an A-5 on HPA and a freak barrel. But then again, I was accustomed to running around with a 12lb rifle at the time, so a stripped-down A-5 was downright feather-light to me at the time. The reason I don't recommend the X-7 is because the fake magazine adds weight as well as more target area, and because buying an A-5 will save you money for the e-grip.

Of course if you're trying to play as a seriously competitive tournament team, your idea just won't work. Buy the best tournament gun you can afford, with a decent, straight barrel, like a bigshot, and if you want to play woodsball with it, cover it with camo tape, like I used to do with my bright blue automag, or just keep it behind a tree when you're hiding from the other team in the woods. just don't cry when it breaks because you accidentally tripped and fell face first into a trench badly enough to kick yourself in the back of the head. Yes, that happened to me too, fortunately, my A-5 is ok, but my ego is still in the shop getting the dents popped out.

#21 User is offline   MattRC 

• QCBoss
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

there was a guy on here or pbnation who had a 06ego with a air thru stock and it was sic as all hell.
wouldnt be to hard to mod your own stock on an etek but an etek and a tm7 are around the same price

Deuteronomy 32:41
“Si acuero ut fulgur gladium meum et arripuerit iudicium manus mea, reddam ultionem hostibus meis et his qui oderunt me retribuam”
["When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"]

Feedback------ http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=167410

#22 User is offline   KidneySt0ne 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

So, I gave in...
I went by my paintball store and picked up a brand new Ion for 100 bucks.
I'm using that at the field, and keeping the tippmann as a backup. Thanks for the help.

Case closed.

#23 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Kudos, you will like it im sure.
Remember, NO co2!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image