Special Ops Paintball: ION Longbow Vs. Tiberius T9 Elite - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ION Longbow Vs. Tiberius T9 Elite This is going to send me to the crazy house! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Let me hear your input (61 member(s) have cast votes)

ION Vs. T9

1. ION Longbow (18 votes [29.51%])

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

2. T9 Elite (43 votes [70.49%])

Percentage of vote: 70.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Kojote 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

Like it says I am going insane trying to figure out the best of the two. The ION is great cause you can switch it from Woodsball to Speedball if needed and there are a lot more I can do to it. The T9 however was losing my interest but due to the new First Strike rounds coming out it brought the T9 back into the question. I would like to hear what you have to say about one if you own one or just know anything I should know. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

(Also this is my first poll thread so if it's messed up you know why.)

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

Take this with a grain of salt as this is all IMHO (in my humble opinion)

Ion is a piece of trash. Not worth the money people spend on it. It is the tippmann of the electro world. They buy a $200 marker and then spend hundreds "upgrading it". Becomes a huge money pit, you never get back what you invested in it when you sell it, and overall, i just don't like them.

T9, nice marker. I liked my T8. Don't know if i'd want it full sized. As to the sniper rounds...do you really want to spend $6-$8 for 10 shots?? Seriously??!!? I play pump, i know about shooting less than 100 rounds a day, still even then i WOULD NOT in any way shape or form, fork over that much cash for 10 shots. You'd damn well bettter make sure they hit or that was a huge waste of money.

I see those rounds how Chris Rock sees bullets, Every bullet should cost $20,000, that way no innocent bystanders would be hit ever, you'd always get your mark, cause you sure as hell aren't wasting $20K on an innocent.

Personally, look into automags or cockers. Both are much better markers overall and can be "Modded' to perform better than either of those two.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   bigandugly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bigandugly

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

I've owned both. Let's discuss the merits of both markers, with and without the new First Strike paintballs.

WITHOUT: Yes, the Ion can be used for speedball and woodsball. However, so can the T9. Personally? I play with my T9 Elite ST setup in it's minimal pistol form for speedball, and with most of the attachments....well, attached... for woodsball. Not knowing you, or your playing style, will make my opinions moot. I like running. I like being way too aggressive in movements. So I naturally love speedball with a pistol. It's not for everyone, but that's me. I played with an Ion set up for speedball, and it's ok. Unless you're dumping in more and more for upgrades, you might as well have started with an EOS. Or a Shocker. (that is, if you stick with Smart Parts). Plus, I like the fact I don't have to deal with a tank and/or remote line. Yes, extra magazines cost $40. But I don't have to worry about snagging on a branch or tree, and it just...feels...more.....natural. IMO.

WITH: Again, I'd still recommend the T9 Elite. Why? My warped sense of logic suggests that since Tiberius Arms is releasing this new type of paintball, their markers will be the first ones to get some sort of retrofit kit (or the outright release of a marker or new marker) that will load these new paintballs with ease. When will other manufacturers come out with a similar kit for their markers? Who knows. Again, this is my logic, not the truth or reality.

For fun, I did waste some time making a review of the T9 Longbow setup, and a short vid of an Ion Longbow firing. It's on YouTube. I can't search for the link, but search for my user ID, tunerwerkz.

Let me know if it helps. :)

#4 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

This was a close competition but with info on the First Strike Round my advice to you is wait and get a T-9 with the modifications built in to use the First Strike Round

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#5 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

I can only tell you about my experiences with my Ion Q-Bow, I have never had a single problem with my ion, that wasn't either my fault or the battery's fault. My Q-Bow has always shot like a dream and is very quiet. I've had guys with tuned autocockers compliment how quiet it is. But I have only upgraded it as much as I need to. New bolt and barrel and a new reg, cuz I messed up the stock one, lol! But I will say my mag shoots just as well, it may not be as quiet, but it is a helluva lot easier to clean! Just remove the rear thumb screw and the entire reg/bolt system pops out the back.

I have never shot a Tiberius, I've held them and find them quite nice. It's the prize for my fields sniper contest, again, in March, so it can't be that bad of a gun. I do think it is just a tad overpriced and I wish I could find a way to make one to my specs..

edit: also I'm probably going to be the only person to vote ion, lol!!!

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 17 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

The biggest problems w/ the "First Strike" round are cost & whether or not you can use it at your field (FPO facilities).

If you are concerned about the traditional way to play speedball then the T9 wouldn't work as well because it doesn't have the high rate of fire the ION is capable of. That being said, there's no reason a mech can't be used to play speedball (they are used all the time). The T9 does have hopper & constant air adapters so you obviously don't have to use limited paint & air while playing speedball.

I like the comparison Leg made about the ION - they can certainly be a money trap as much as a Tippy. By the time you upgrade the ION to perform like a high-end, you could have just bought a high-end to begin with. Of course though, Special Ops doesn't make super-elite-sniper mods for EGO's... :P

This post has been edited by ger: 17 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

The Tac8/9 is its own niche of marker. Its a different type of play style all together and an expensive one at that. If I were you I'd find a cheap Ion for $100-$150 and keep it stock and snipe with that. Ions have horrible resale value so make sure to buy cheap.

#8 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

go for the T9 reason why because everyone got an ion
THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#9 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

It's true but for the price, the Ion is a decent gun. The T9 will also be louder and lower ammo capacity than the Ion. I personally don't care about ammo because I play pump. My main aspects in a gun are accuracy, quietness, weight, and versatility. If you care about firepower or having a hopper, I'd go with the Ion. Also each mag costs a good bit for the T9s and ocne all your mags are out of gas you have to find cover and replace the 12 grams. It would be fine for recball games, but a bit more annoying in scenarios.

#10 User is offline   Kojote 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Thank you guys for your input. I think I know what I am going to do and it might not be the best choice to you all. I am going to try and go with the ION Longbow and down the get a SP-1. I will try to put the Longbow parts onto it. Something I saw on You Tube so I hope it works. If not well then I have a back up.

#11 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

From Smart Parts' videos, I fell in love with the SP-1 and I've always hated Smart Parts if that explains my amazement with their new gun.

#12 User is offline   Bagheera 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bagheera

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Feb 17 2009, 05:26 PM, said:

The Tac8/9 is its own niche of marker. Its a different type of play style all together and an expensive one at that. If I were you I'd find a cheap Ion for $100-$150 and keep it stock and snipe with that. Ions have horrible resale value so make sure to buy cheap.

Someone else here mentioned an Automag, and you can get a classic or better for under $150 or even $100 if you do your research. Just check on eBay, and you'll have a much more durable, easier to maintain gun for woodsball. For barely a little more (depending on your luck) you can get an Automag with a purely mechanical, level 10 bolt that will easily outshoot an electric Ion.

WTB Tac-One Warp Right Body

"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist." - AnEchoSoldier

#13 User is offline   Scout140 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Scout140

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

I've used both, and the blackcell Q-bow, Longbow, and hopper setups.

T-9: biggest limitation is ammo capacity. I'm not a big sniper player, so this was a huge drag, as reloading every 30 seconds in a firefight is a big disadvantage.
Longbow: Again, see above. Well balanced and ergonomic marker though.
Q-bow: A great compromise between ergonomics and firepower. the 100 rnd Q-pod gives you enough firepower to effectively extract yourself from an overwhelming engagement.
Blackcell/hopper: My usual setup. Since I'm quite often in the thick of a firefight, firepower trumps. The ion will get you great bang for your buck, and there are plenty of upgrades as your budget allows.

#14 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Stop down talking the Ion the reason being the Ion's price is right, and most people on a budget cant afowerd to spend 350 on a marker up front but they can buy a used marker for 100 and and spend 15-25 every now and then. And tecks are every ware and if it breaks replacement parts are cheap. With that said their are markers way better than the ions in the general price range Mini, G3 and so on, the Ion is only a entry level marker and it works for many. But the important thing to remember is its the person not the marker that makes a game.
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#15 User is offline   Bagheera 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bagheera

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

I've purchased two used Automags, one for $60, and the other for $90, and they both shot perfect out of the shipping box.

WTB Tac-One Warp Right Body

"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist." - AnEchoSoldier

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users