Special Ops Paintball: Protecting our man-ness - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Protecting our man-ness Whats do you guys use?

#61 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

View PostWalkons-Will, on Feb 11 2009, 08:59 PM, said:

get a crotch cup or just chance it. i stopped wearing the cup because it was annoying as hell, and that same game i got rounded in the brothers. twice. since then it's only happened one other time, by a chick...

lol! you probably deserved it... we dont hit ya there unless we try to :rolleyes:

#62 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Feb 11 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

View PostBAGELS, on Feb 9 2009, 09:33 PM, said:

View PostI.K.E., on Feb 10 2009, 05:40 AM, said:

You guys are goofy. What is the big deal about feminine products? I ain't skeered of 'em. Shoot, I even buy 'em for my wife when necessary (Christmas was the last time). The GROSS ones, are the USED ones. Sorry to go there, but how about some perspective huh?

Actually, pads are great in first aid kits....very absorbent.

Coming from the guy that wears pink camo. :P And is also 2 years old according to your profile? :laugh:

Bagels, you know me well. ;) And I thought people didn't notice me around here. Pink camo rocks. Although, wife got me another dye pack 'cause she says the pink is fading.....

I'm pretty comfortable with my male ego. There's no question which team I play for. As for being two....Well....I'm the world's smartest baby! :dodgy:

I wear Hello kitty camo :P
Pink is manly, girls tried to steal it from the guys.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#63 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

Cups are the most uncomfordable things in the world and do a better job of cutting up my thighs than protecting my cash and prizes.

Just break down and buy a decent pair of tourney pants.
:)

#64 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

i wear a cup. The one time I didnt wear one, I nearly got shot in my man parts. I now wear a cup whenever I go out playing, and feel much more confident about getting shot at and running to a new bunker.

On the other hand, one time I accidently shot a guy in the balls while playing rec-ball on a urban field. His thigh and part of his barrel was sticking out, so I shot several balls to try and hit him. But he stepped out at the wrong time, one hit him directly in the nads, the other in his thigh. He was on the ground for the rest of the game. Which was about five minutes.

#65 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

You people are crazy. My order of gear importance:

1) Mask
1.5) Cup
3) Everything else

For reference, I've been wearing this:
XO Athletic Pro Cup
ever since I started playing. The same one too - pretty durable. The thing has saved my junk from being popped many times.

It's got like this gel-esque rubber material on the perimeter that surrounds the hard plastic part, so it doesn't cut into your legs/cause chafing or any of the other usual cup-badness. I actually wear it for an entire day at the field/woods/whatever (usually 9am until about 6pm) and it rarely bothers me.

Remember kids, your testicles are just as fragile as your eyeballs.
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

I just bought a pair of Empire 2008 08 Invert SE Paintball Pants - Woodland Digi Camo, waiting for them to come in. I Haven't had a direct shot, and been lucky enough my BDU's have a flap that has always stopped the hit without it reaching my goods. But not really made to stop hits there, I decided to buy those. Hopefully they work out as well as I am thinking they will. Anyone have good experiences, because I've heard a lot about slide shorts and what not, but nothing about pants. So now I'm wondering if I didn't get what I was needing...

Feminen products? Guess some men never get over it? Although my wife did leave one in my suitcase after using it to go see the devil, my mother in law. Needless to say, when I went home for a few day, because my brother just got back from his deployment, I asked him to grabb something from my one suitcase pocket, and there it was. He gave me crap about it for hours, with suggestful things I would use it for. After going back and forth with it, I hung it outside on the porch as I was leaving. I got a loving phone call from him when I got home. I would think its more embarressing for a girl when a guy finds something like that. Doesn't seem to be the case though.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#67 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

View Postepic_fail, on Feb 15 2009, 12:55 AM, said:

You guys are goofy. What is the big deal about feminine products? I ain't skeered of 'em. Shoot, I even buy 'em for my wife when necessary (Christmas was the last time). The GROSS ones, are the USED ones. Sorry to go there, but how about some perspective huh?

Coming from the guy that wears pink camo. :P And is also 2 years old according to your profile? :wacko:

Bagels, you know me well. ;) And I thought people didn't notice me around here. Pink camo rocks. Although, wife got me another dye pack 'cause she says the pink is fading.....

I'm pretty comfortable with my male ego. There's no question which team I play for. As for being two....Well....I'm the world's smartest baby! :laugh:

Takes a real man to wear pink/hello kitty. As I've said, if I get you out wearing pink, you need to upgrade your skillset.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#68 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

View PostAgnoeo, on Apr 9 2009, 11:22 AM, said:

Feminen products? Guess some men never get over it? Although my wife did leave one in my suitcase after using it to go see the devil, my mother in law. Needless to say, when I went home for a few day, because my brother just got back from his deployment, I asked him to grabb something from my one suitcase pocket, and there it was. He gave me crap about it for hours, with suggestful things I would use it for. After going back and forth with it, I hung it outside on the porch as I was leaving. I got a loving phone call from him when I got home. I would think its more embarressing for a girl when a guy finds something like that. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

Lol no, after it happens to you the first 20 times, you start finding it amusing as all getout. Usually the guys are MAD embarassed, so you just pick on them till theyre bright red and run away crying :D

View PostI.K.E., on Apr 9 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

View Postepic_fail, on Feb 15 2009, 12:55 AM, said:

Coming from the guy that wears pink camo. :P And is also 2 years old according to your profile? :wacko:

I'm pretty comfortable with my male ego. There's no question which team I play for. As for being two....Well....I'm the world's smartest baby! :laugh:

Takes a real man to wear pink/hello kitty. As I've said, if I get you out wearing pink, you need to upgrade your skillset.

No, no. It takes a really HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON manto wear pink/hello kitty.
Pink is so girly, some GIRLS refuse to wear it. If youre a guy, and you wear pink... it better be a barbie dress, and you better be doing a strip tease for me. Otherwise, I'll shoot for your ballls (since you obviously dont have any to hurt anyway, right?)

#69 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

View Postchinstrap, on Apr 9 2009, 07:41 AM, said:

You people are crazy. My order of gear importance:

1) Mask
1.5) Cup
3) Everything else

For reference, I've been wearing this:
XO Athletic Pro Cup
ever since I started playing. The same one too - pretty durable. The thing has saved my junk from being popped many times.

It's got like this gel-esque rubber material on the perimeter that surrounds the hard plastic part, so it doesn't cut into your legs/cause chafing or any of the other usual cup-badness. I actually wear it for an entire day at the field/woods/whatever (usually 9am until about 6pm) and it rarely bothers me.

Remember kids, your testicles are just as fragile as your eyeballs.

I use the same kind and he pretty much summed it up. It's an excellent brand, and usually, after a round or two, I forget I'm wearing it. I've had a couple close calls, but nothing serious. On another note, I'm getting the Fusion pants soon, and if anyone here has them as well, is the padding thick enough for a cup not to be needed?
"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#70 User is offline   Yakkers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

I just use a 2 pod pack and just position it in front of the family jewels. Only problem is it still leaves you vulnerable to a well placed shot from behind...

#71 User is offline   Patrick15 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden205

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

@ Perinhawk

I have a pair of Fusions in the Spec Ops Digi. The padding is alright. It still hurts to get hit in your manly-man area.
(example below)

My friend was wanting a pair, so I let him try mine on. Next thing you know, his brother comes up and decides to "test" the padding, and conducts the test by hitting my friend with a lighter. Not a little tiny one that people use for ciggarettes and stuff, but the grill lighters that have the real long "stick"? Not sure what to call them..Sure enough, my friend went down.

So, if the padding can't take a lighter, I doubt it would protect you from a paintball.....Luckily, I have a pair of Dye Slider Shorts that I'll be wearing underneath those :laugh: ;)

This post has been edited by Patrick15: 30 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

Official Sabre #809 If We Cannot Do It, It Does Not Need To Be Done

My God is AWESOME. You should get to know Him.

#72 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

View PostI.K.E., on Feb 9 2009, 10:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I am in young actors theatre. Girls enjoy throwing their "feminine products" into our room. We keep them in a pile and tease the new kids with them. "Hey, john, you forgot this" *tosses feminine product to him across the room, in front of his mother*
They realy must like us if they come back after that.

View PostBAGELS, on Feb 9 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

I kind of feel like an idiot for clicking on Becc's bra links. Now my mom or someone is going to come in here and look at my history and see that I have been looking at womens sports bras... tyvm :panzer:

Luckily I had the good sense not to click on the link for the same reason. I know what a bra looks like, i don't need to go look at them online
----------------------------
I generally "man-up" and "grow some balls" about being hit there.
I usually just wear my woodland bdu's and some basketball shorts underneath. The BDU's are hand-me-downs that are probably not my size. The bagginess offers plenty of protection.
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#73 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

My dad's co-worker got sent to the hospital from a close range nut shot. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go to the hospital for trying to be macho and ending up unable to have kids (exaggeration). I have heard stories of people getting bunkered in the bros., and I definitely don't want to chance that.

This post has been edited by Perinhawk: 23 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#74 Guest_Gauss_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

I use my legs. :huh:

#75 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

To keep my janx safe, I make sure whatever pants I'm wearing have some form of padded crotch (My main's are Empire LTD's...excellent padding). Under that, I wear some athletic shorts, then some boxer-briefs (to reduce bunching/movement during play). Also, positioning. I keep my legs in the way. I've taken a lot of hip shots that could have struck home t'were I standing different.

When I first started playing, I wore a cup. That lasted about 2 days before I said 'Screw this, it hurts more than actually getting shot there (having never actually been shot there...). To this day, I've never taken a direct impact, but have had some killer inner thigh welts.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users