• You cannot reply to this topic

We've Herd Your Calls Now I Need Your Help... Paint Kits! Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

this topic hasnt been replyed on in a while but does anyone know when the diy paint kit is coming out
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#32 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

this would be a great idea...but i can't think of paying more than $50 for this... $50 even seems high...maybe i'm just cheap.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#33 User is offline   COBRA SIGNPIMP 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:COBRA SIGNPIMP

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

View Postkage83, on Sep 13 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

this would be a great idea...but i can't think of paying more than $50 for this... $50 even seems high...maybe i'm just cheap.

People charge up to $250 in my area to "duracoat" a marker. I would think that anything under $100 is more than fair for a complete kit. Paint and vinyl isn't that cheap. And the R&D behind everything has to account for something.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers

#34 User is offline   Huntdog777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Huntdog777

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

View PostBig Bone, on 01 February 2009 - 03:18 PM, said:

View PostSIEFKA, on Feb 1 2009, 07:28 AM, said:

I love this idea and have been waiting for this day. I just have one question though, if it is not duracoat (per say) will it still stick for as long as you have that gun. Becuase I don't really want to paint my own gun and then paint if again in 2 years.

I will probely be sending my gun in soon as soon as the plans are final.

Srry about bugging you about an earlier paintjob last year.

It is as durable in every way and comparable to the quality and application techniques. The only thing that will be significantly different is the price.

Which brings me to a questions I asked earlier. What would you pay for this paint kit-

Omnipat Paint kit:

5- 3oz. bottels consiting of 5 omnipat colors and 1- 3oz bottle of matte clear

A sheet of vinyl stencils 13" wide and 24" tall. This is the pattern I developed and have been using it for years in everything I've digicamed. It looks small but I've packed enough stencils in it to do something as large as a JCS Launcher. Here is a pic of the path the vinyl cutter makes. It's like a puzzel of digi, leaving little waisted vinyl, saving you guys money-

Posted Image

And Instructions.

BB

Hey BB I just read through this post and it is very interesting. I would like to start to adventure in to doing this to my a-5. I was looking at your vinyl pic, but it is not high enough res for my vinyl cutter I have access to. Could i get you to send me a higher res pic or link.

Another question when i start laying the vinyl stickers down on the gun do i start to over lap the stickers on the 2nd and third coat of stickers? and you start with the brightest color first and go to darkest last? This is if i want my marker to look like your in your signature? Thanks for your help you have got my mind turning thinking about doing this.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users