A Quicker Way to Reload Something better than Pods? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

View Postbob endo, on Mar 2 2009, 11:39 PM, said:

Just doing the math, over here ...
You're saying that you need the ability to carry between 4000 & 5600 paintballs.
Do use a scuba tank to power your markers ?
Are you a robot ?
If so, what kind of super powers do you possess ?
(Aside from the obvious super human strength !)

Seriously ... I would consider ... umm ... aiming ... instead.
:happy:

No, more like looking to carry between 2500-3500. And with two 88/4500's, with the dwell tuned properly on my SP1's I should be able to get most of that out- if not then a tank upgrade would happen or if (more likely) I decide its not worth it to me, I'll just drop the ammo count a bit. Its not much more paint than I carry now when I play with this rig- it just allows me to reload in less than a 2 minute time period.

What you seem to miss is that this is the Hammer forum. If you have a problem with this style of play I fail to see why you're even reading this thread. I don't play with the twins often- mostly because of cost. But I do like to mix it up and play any style I feel like when I can afford to do so, and if you've never played with a double rig, you'll just simply never understand. The point is not to be the guy making the most eliminations (although you CAN make a lot if you play smart), the point is to be the guy putting up a wall of paint that can clear a path through heavy resistance for your team to make a move. I don't know if you've ever seen the kind of spread you can get out a gun with a high ROF and an Apex barrel, but multiply that by two and imagine it walking up a trail thats been bottlenecked with the opposing team. I play scenario games- you'll never see me toting this for a game with less than 100 people and certainly not recball games. Just because I have heavy firepower at my disposal doesn't mean I spend the whole game cranking. But when things bottleneck in places and my team needs to move, I can make a hole in the opfor's line- a BIG hole, whether its from outright eliminations or the sound and fury forcing players to fall back. Not to say it makes me invincible- I get shot out more than the next guy if I'm dumb enough to move up too far from my support, but played intelligently, the super-heavy gunner role can be a valuable asset.

That's why I became a "sniper" easy load out and easy on the pockets. Plus when you switch play styles, being used to not having firepower, and then having some decent firepower just makes you ungodly. Anyone who reads the Whiteboard will remember the time they gave Bandit a pistol.

I play pistol more frequently than not. More frequently than I play as a "Hammer" for certain, and you can ask anyone at Cousins in Manchester about "the crazy Tac8 guy" if you want any testimonies as to my abilities. I play paintball. I don't play any one position or aspect of paintball every time I play- thats boring to me. One day I'll be playing pistol, the next I'll be using my upped Ion or my Etek, the next a Milsimmed out A5, the next I'll play with the twin SP1's. Its time for some of the elitists around here to let go of the notion that the only good players are the ones that shoot one ball every 10 minutes. If it wasn't for the guys on your side who shoot a lot- your job as a sniper would be a lot tougher. And without someone to flank and run up to bunker the opposing team- their job would be a lot tougher. All of these positions are part of a larger whole and they all need each other for best effect.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#17 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

View PostRogueShooter, on Mar 12 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

View Postbob endo, on Mar 2 2009, 11:39 PM, said:

Just doing the math, over here ...
You're saying that you need the ability to carry between 4000 & 5600 paintballs.
Do use a scuba tank to power your markers ?
Are you a robot ?
If so, what kind of super powers do you possess ?
(Aside from the obvious super human strength !)

Seriously ... I would consider ... umm ... aiming ... instead.
:P

No, more like looking to carry between 2500-3500. And with two 88/4500's, with the dwell tuned properly on my SP1's I should be able to get most of that out- if not then a tank upgrade would happen or if (more likely) I decide its not worth it to me, I'll just drop the ammo count a bit. Its not much more paint than I carry now when I play with this rig- it just allows me to reload in less than a 2 minute time period.

What you seem to miss is that this is the Hammer forum. If you have a problem with this style of play I fail to see why you're even reading this thread. I don't play with the twins often- mostly because of cost. But I do like to mix it up and play any style I feel like when I can afford to do so, and if you've never played with a double rig, you'll just simply never understand. The point is not to be the guy making the most eliminations (although you CAN make a lot if you play smart), the point is to be the guy putting up a wall of paint that can clear a path through heavy resistance for your team to make a move. I don't know if you've ever seen the kind of spread you can get out a gun with a high ROF and an Apex barrel, but multiply that by two and imagine it walking up a trail thats been bottlenecked with the opposing team. I play scenario games- you'll never see me toting this for a game with less than 100 people and certainly not recball games. Just because I have heavy firepower at my disposal doesn't mean I spend the whole game cranking. But when things bottleneck in places and my team needs to move, I can make a hole in the opfor's line- a BIG hole, whether its from outright eliminations or the sound and fury forcing players to fall back. Not to say it makes me invincible- I get shot out more than the next guy if I'm dumb enough to move up too far from my support, but played intelligently, the super-heavy gunner role can be a valuable asset.

That's why I became a "sniper" easy load out and easy on the pockets. Plus when you switch play styles, being used to not having firepower, and then having some decent firepower just makes you ungodly. Anyone who reads the Whiteboard will remember the time they gave Bandit a pistol.

I play pistol more frequently than not. More frequently than I play as a "Hammer" for certain, and you can ask anyone at Cousins in Manchester about "the crazy Tac8 guy" if you want any testimonies as to my abilities. I play paintball. I don't play any one position or aspect of paintball every time I play- thats boring to me. One day I'll be playing pistol, the next I'll be using my upped Ion or my Etek, the next a Milsimmed out A5, the next I'll play with the twin SP1's. Its time for some of the elitists around here to let go of the notion that the only good players are the ones that shoot one ball every 10 minutes. If it wasn't for the guys on your side who shoot a lot- your job as a sniper would be a lot tougher. And without someone to flank and run up to bunker the opposing team- their job would be a lot tougher. All of these positions are part of a larger whole and they all need each other for best effect.

Ahmen to that

looked at trying to do a shoulder or backpack loader with two warpfeeds and running some qloader tubing up over your shoulders that way the warpfeed has some gravity assist after reaching up over your shoulders. that way you can carry all the rounds in one hopper rather than having to deal with over sized pods and such
Just a thought.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users