• This topic is locked

Bullpup Design Asthetics need to know how to make this better

#16 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Looking better- I like the stock much better. I still think the forgerip is a little too close to the grip, but it's hard to tell on a model how it will feel.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#17 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

true, it's hard to tell how it will feel, but here is the distance roughly

Attached File  Distance.PNG (77.01K)
Number of downloads: 24
its a little shorter then that, but you get the idea, right?
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#18 User is offline   TRU3 

• i love lamp...
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Is the bar where the wiring is all going? Couldn't you make where the barrel sits on a bit thicker and hollow that out, using that to run the wires? Idk, but 2 inchs seems like your hands would be too close to each other. Just IMO. Hope this comes out nicely, oh and that stock looks awesome now.

#19 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

the bar is supposed to be a trigger guard and i decided to route the battery wires through it. i would like to route it through the top, but then there would be another 1/8th or so of an inch spacing from the top. but apperantly, that would make the grips the same level. not that is a bad thing. just less work right now if i leave it(i know, im lazy).

new pics:
Attached File  Bullpup9.PNG (432.53K)
Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  Bullpup10.PNG (154.12K)
Number of downloads: 10
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#20 User is offline   bob endo 

• Nemesis
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

This is way better on the eye, for me:

Posted Image

Also ... that barrel looks HUGE next to the grips.
My office is the absence of corners.

#21 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

That will also be easier to grip, since the "trigger guard" might get in the way of some shooter's hands.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#22 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

View Postbob endo, on Jan 16 2009, 10:07 PM, said:

This is way better on the eye, for me:

Posted Image

Also ... that barrel looks HUGE next to the grips.

nice looking, impossible to model. look at the foregrip, looks great but its in the whatever(im tired, and don't want to guess what its supposed to be called) and that can't be modeled or produced

#23 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

I don't like the downward sloping buttplate, I don't like it on my B5 either, it makes it more difficult to get the marker hiked up on my shoulder. If I were you I would make the top part of the buttplate adjustable, so you can adjust the angle of the top and figure out how you like the marker to be braced on your shoulder. It would be especially cool, if you could adjust the distance of the buttplate to the reciever as well. So guys with different arm lengths can get it adjusted how they like it.

I would take a lesson from the Israelis and check out the front grip on the Tavor, they know their crap:
Posted Image
And maybe make the front fore grip removable with an option to add a 45 degree foregrip or a foldable foregrip.

I would also remove much of the mass from the back of the marker, chances are unless you are using a tippmann, which I'm betting you aren't, you won't need that much space to house the marker's receiver.

#24 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

actually, the stock is completely hollow(sp?). its just a shell. ill show you in this pic:
Attached File  Cross_section.PNG (162.3K)
Number of downloads: 26

#25 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

Just do like the TM7 and put a rail where the front grip is. That way if you wanted, you could just put a grip there, or have it similar to the Israilie gun above.

#26 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

i like the rail idea, working on it right now. oh, and flamingo, it the tavor buttplate angled forward like this:
____
___/
Edit: New pics, got rid of foregrip and put a picatinny rail instead.
Attached File  Bullpup11.PNG (417.86K)
Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  Bullpup12.PNG (141.63K)
Number of downloads: 7
working on buttplate design...

This post has been edited by betasniper: 18 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

#27 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

ok, double posting, but here is the new pics of the buttplate

Attached File  Bullpup13.PNG (391.72K)
Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  Bullpup14.PNG (137.92K)
Number of downloads: 8

#28 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Personally, I don't think theres a need for a bullpup in paintball since longer barrels don't really give better accuracy. Plus, a foregrip near the front of the barrel hinders performance IMO, especially with any bunkers that I can push in a bit with my barrel... I don't want my hand getting in the way.

Also, how are you going to feed that? And where is the air going to be?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#29 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

its not about getting a longer barrel as much as it is shortening your profile viewed from the side. actually, the foregrip near the front of the barrel doesn't hinder or enhance performance. it's just the same as having a stock with the barrel sticking out farther than when it is placed in the stock. the bullpup was designed to provide a normal sized rifle barrel in the compactness of a carrbine(sp?). true, you can move air bunkers with you barrel sticking out, but that is a speedball field, i think? i play outlaw and we don't use air bunkers(they cost a lot). feed is being determined by my team(me) to see what would be best for a bullpup marker. im thinking right offset or q-loader type thing. not sure yet. their will be a remote nipple on the bottom of the stock. i was still designing the stock, so i couldn't put a nipple yet. working on it...

#30 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

View Postbetasniper, on Jan 18 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

ok, double posting, but here is the new pics of the buttplate

I like those new stock pics better, that's the only thing that really TINKLEes me off about my B5.

I know the back shell is going to be hollow, but I'm a less is more kind of guy. If you can shave off more from the back I would, if I were you. Furthermore, think past the clamshell design, is there anything you can do to get at the bolt and strip down the marker fast and easily?

This post has been edited by FlamingoChavez: 18 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users