Special Ops Paintball: A few questions, painting A5 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few questions, painting A5 Could use some knowledgable advice here, thx. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Snatch_Patcherson 

• Whats a Battle?
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

So I'm going to paint my A5, I've painted countless camo jobs on model tanks and planes, and I have a good idea of what I'm doing however I know this is vastly different. So I'm just wondering if you guys could throw some suggestions and answers my way.

I'm going to do a lateral tiger stripe design with a base of Olive Drab, flat black, and a light tone of brown (more than likely flat earth), I'm going to give it the tiger stripe base, let it cure for a few days, then sand it with a fine grit sand paper to give it more of a flat tone. To get my different stripes I'll use torn masking tape to give me rough edges and mask off whatever I don't want painted then add my other tones, I'll likely mask off whatever I want to remain olive and leave exposed whatever I want to be black or flat earth, and spray closely and lightly a few times so excess paint doesn't land on the other areas.

Once the base tiger stripe is cured I'm going to use some paper cut roughly to the same shape as my stripes and hold it just over the edges of my stripes and very lightly dust them with their own colour so its not such a solid line (please let me know if this method would work, ive used it on models with decent results), once that is cured I will lay reeds of grass and bits of leaves onto the gun and lightly dust it with olive drab, and forest green, then let it cure and sand it again with fine grit paper. I also have a Brass Eagle starter gun I can practice on, so at least anything I try at first isn't something I have to live with for life :(

P.S. I live in Northern Ontario, we are VERY heavily wooded, in some places you're lucky to see in more than 30 feet, the most common trees are evergreens for the most part.

Now here are my questions

1. Is there anything wrong at all with my proposed method in anyway/shape/form? if so feel free to cut it apart, it will only serve to help me.
2. Will Tamiya model paint (spray) be a good type of paint to use (I will be clear coating it several times once its cured.
3. Should I spray or brush on my paint? I'm leaning towards spray for a more even finish.
4. Is there any other colours I should incorporate?
5. Should I remove the Tippmann faceplate from the side of the gun?
6. Should I lightly sand the original paint and plastic to make the paint bond better?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed, and as I said before, please be very discriminating on my ideas because it will help me out greatly, thanks in advance for your advice and insight....

This post has been edited by Snatch_Patcherson: 10 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

#2 User is offline   Snatch_Patcherson 

• Whats a Battle?
  • Pip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Anyone? Feelin kinda lonely here lol

#3 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

i missed this. seems like the plan will work. the only thing i would check is the paint. make sure its a good ENAMEL from tamiya. spraying works fine.

#4 User is offline   pballfreak1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

post the pictures once your done id like to see how this turns out. the process sounds pretty good just make sure you clear coat it once your done so all that hard work wont peel off the first time you go out and play.
if you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users