RAP4 METS Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Conley_Punisher78 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Conley

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hello,
I am new to the use of paintball guns. I recently bought the T68 Military version .68 cal marker rifle from RAP4.com and I need help adjusting the velocity. I have watched many videos and have also emailed RAP4 themselves. But neither has helped. I bought the marker for basic home protection. I was trying to go the least lethal way. Because of this, I would like to get the marker close to its max velocity (450 fps). I know how to get to the velocity adjustment, but do not know the procedure of increasing fps.
If anyone has time to explain, it would be a great help!

Thanks,
Conley

This post has been edited by Conley_Punisher78: 07 January 2009 - 02:02 AM

#2 User is offline   Metalbender 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Metalbender

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

View PostConley_Punisher78, on Jan 6 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

Hello,
I am new to the use of paintball guns. I recently bought the T68 Military version .68 cal marker rifle from RAP4.com and I need help adjusting the velocity. I have watched many videos and have also emailed RAP4 themselves. But neither has helped. I bought the marker for basic home protection. I was trying to go the least lethal way. Because of this, I would like to get the marker close to its max velocity (450 fps). I know how to get to the velocity adjustment, but do not know the procedure of increasing fps.
If anyone has time to explain, it would be a great help!

Thanks,
Conley

Home protection? With a paint ball gun? Hope the other guy does not bring a real gun cuz you are gonna get lit up!

#3 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to the forum!

velocity=fps.

you said you know how to turn up the velocity, so you're golden.

might not deter all home invaders(i would choose a real firearm), but I see where you're coming from

edit: or are you saying you know where the adjustment screw is, but don't know what to do with it? turning it clockwise should bring the velocity up.

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 11 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

#4 User is offline   Conley_Punisher78 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Conley

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am going to be using rubber paintballs and top velocity (450). Considering I will be trying to shoot the guy ( or women ) in face, it is to only subdue him for a few seconds, giving me to time to make contact with him. And if he does have a gun, well.. I've taken a bullet before.

Back to adjusting the velocity, on the RAP4 website, it sais to adjust it counter clockwise for more fps. http://www.rap4.com/...n/velocity.html

Before posting in the forums, I was considering buying a chronometer. Which I will probably end up doing. Now I am wondering, when I do adjust the velocity, each half turn, how much fps will this increase it?

Thanks for the replies.

Conley

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

this is wrong on so many levels. Closed. Warned for inappropriate content.
This is a paintball forum where we try to promote paintball in a positive manner at all times. If you want home security, buy a real gun and go to a home safety forum.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users